The Eurovision Striking Contest - The Battle Begins!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Blackcats:

I seem to have improved very little since last year, i think its time that i moved on to a bigger club. And also at some point i became co-owned with udinese which i missed, hopefully i can go to them and try my hand at a higher level.

If this is possible to do in the game could you see when the decision on my ownership has to be made???

June 2012, but you may - and I stress may - not have to wait until then. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Tom =):

Just a quick question, what will the tables look like when people start retiring from international football?

Ummm, no idea! icon_biggrin.gif

It's the best part of a decade away in game time, which means at least a couple of months away in real time so I'm not bothering to think about it yet! icon_smile.gif

If you have a suggestion as to what it should look like, feel free to mention it (although I might have forgotten about it by the time we get round to there) icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blackcats:

I seem to have improved very little since last year, i think its time that i moved on to a bigger club. And also at some point i became co-owned with udinese which i missed, hopefully i can go to them and try my hand at a higher level.

If this is possible to do in the game could you see when the decision on my ownership has to be made???

June 2012, but you may - and I stress may - not have to wait until then. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aha lol cheers and oh you are a tease icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by minisav:

I reckon, once we've all retired, it gets started over again and see how differently it pans out. icon_razz.gif

Or we all create a son of our player, then techniqually it's different, and we can see if our kid is better than their dad.

Originally posted by Tom =):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minisav:

I reckon, once we've all retired, it gets started over again and see how differently it pans out. icon_razz.gif

Or we all create a son of our player, then techniqually it's different, and we can see if our kid is better than their dad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, well that would be quite a few seasons away yet. Once you've all finished your playing careers remember I asked if you wanted to go into management so that might be the next leg of the sign up.

As for repeating the sign up all over again, can't say I would be overly keen to do that. Plus, I'll have a new idea by the time this has finished! icon_wink.gif

Kapono wanted & summer update on the horizon icon_rolleyes.gif I'm kinda disappointed with 11 caps but 2 goals icon_frown.gif Also only 9 in around 30 games icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif I hope this year will see a jump in his career, starting with a good transfer to "some EURO spot challenging, excellent training grounds & coaches" club icon_biggrin.gif

2011 Summer Transfer Window Update

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Robaldinho - Signed for Sunderland on a free transfer.

Pendros - Signed for Larissa on a free transfer.

Parker Reynolds - Turned his back on all the clubs coming in for him to sign a new 1 year deal with Gladbach.

In Der Van Dude - Signed for West Ham for £5m from Roma.

Tom Healy - Signed for Arsenal in a £29m transfer from Wigan.

Mike Bird - His co-ownership ended this summer and Vicenza outbid Genoa to take full ownership of him.

He then went on to sign a new 5 year contract worth £6m.

Ben Arsenal - After submitting a transfer request, HSV came in with a £5m bid which was accepted by

Charlton and Ben Arsenal agreed terms.

Yhon Wi - Torino splashed out some of their huge bounty (see below), to pay £10 to Fulham for him.

David Pitt - Rejected a new 2 year deal with Koln.

Brucie Bonus - Sheff Utd came in with a £750k bid for him, which was accepted and he duly signed. \o/

However, his arrogant attitude upon his arrival has already angered Sheff Utd fans. /o\

Ryan Andrews - Has signed a new 5 year contract with PSG worth £1.5m.

Ulf Chaoc - Signed for AS Monaco in a £7.25m transfer from Werder Bremen.

Pablo Gonzalez - After many bids, he decided to stay at Pisa. /o\ Still wanted by 19 clubs though.

Paddy O'Furniture - Dortmund have opened up their cheque book and paid Anderlecht £14.5m for his services.

Arthur White - A month after signing Robaldinho, Sunderland offered Panathinaikos £11.5m for his services

and the 2 strikers will hopefully team up for Sunderland in the Premier Division.

Steven Kemp - Got bored of not playing for Inter and Reggina bought 50% of him for £3.5m. He will move

to Reggina immediately.

Steven Kemp - However, he was shortly off on his travels again! Man City offered both Inter & Reggina

£8.5m for the player, both were duly accepted and he the Malta star moved to England.

Jason Healy - Surprise surprise, has rejected a contract! This time with Middlesbrough.

Alex Drew - Got fed up with Southampton, so was delighted to move to Championship side Stoke for £2.9m.

Adam wilkinson - After being impressed by their training facilities, decided to join Derby for £5m.

Juan King - Has moved to Villareal on a season long loan from AC Milan.

Mini Saville - On the last day of the transfer window Werder Bremen snapped him up for £9m.

and finally...

James Knowles - Has signed a new 5 year deal with West Ham worth £20m, which made him the highest paid

player out of the 53 superstars for about 2 weeks.

Diego Polo - After a fantastic international season, Juventus saw his potential and splashed out an

amazing £38.5m, to lure him away from Torino.

He now earns a very cool £88k pw for a 22 year old!!!

Injuries (as at 01/09/2011)

Arthur White - Out for a month with a sprained ankle.

Julius Kapono - Out for 2 to 3 weeks with a fractured cheekbone.

Felix - Out for a month with fractured ribs.

Juan King - Out for a month with a torn calf muscle.

</pre>

Wages & Values

Lords of the Manor

Middles Classes

Paupers

Where is everyone?

England - 17

Italy - 13

Germany - 9

Spain - 6

France - 4

Russia - 3

Greece - 1

</pre>

England becomes the most popular destination for the first time, with Germany overtaking Spain as the 3rd most popular country.

Who's Hogging the Stars?

Clubs with 2 players:

Bayern Munich

Inter Milan

Juventus

Koln

PSG

Sunderland

West Ham

</pre>

Right, there was one round of International games in August which I skipped over to get through the transfer window. Will now go back and do those results (probably later this evening). icon14.gif

Dang it, relegated... icon_frown.gif

AND listed for loan... icon_frown.gif

AND my finishing is only 16 (even though I set it as my 20 technical stat) icon_frown.gif

AND Eijdur Gudjohnsen is on 39 icon_frown.gif

Oh well, another season of second division, hope I wont be relegated from that too icon14.gif

P.S. KUTGW, loving the updates! icon_wink.gif

Eurovision Striking Contest 2011/12

Eurovision Striking Contest 2011/12 Top 10 Table

Total

Pos Player Name Country App Goals Points

----------------------------------------------------------------

C

</pre>

Eurovision Soccer League 2011/12

Eurovision Premier Division

Player Team Total

Pos Player Name Country App Goals MoM Yel Red Points Bonus Points

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Diego Polo San Marino

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Magnus Donaldson N Ireland

3 Brendan Petersen Liechtenstein

4 Paddy O'Furniture Finland

5 Mini Saville Austria

6 Felix Lithuania

7 Chu Haowan Hungary

8 dafuge Macedonia

9 Ryan Andrews Faroe Islands

10 Robert Boyle Estonia

11 Robert Dillon Luxembourg

12 Mike Bird Croatia

13 Ulf Chaoc Georgia

14 In Der Van Dude Slovenia

15 Tyler Burrows Bosnia

16 Kyle Van Smith Albania

17 Arthur White Azerbaijan

18 Ben Arsenal Norway

Eurovision Second Division

Player Team Total

1 Steven Kemp Malta

2 Sneaky Ninja Moldova

3 Jason Healy Scotland

4 Damon Lowe Iceland

5 Suk-Yo Bum Bulgaria

6 Tom Healy Wales

7 Jason Demir Kazakhstan

8 Triple H Armenia

9 Adam Wilkinson Latvia

10 Brucie Bonus Belarus

11 Arthur Li Montenegro

12 Sebastian Skywalker Cyprus

13 Alexei Lloyd-Hooker Andorra

14 Julius Kapono Denmark

15 James Knowles Germany

16 Bob Van Bob Portugal

17 Derren Brown Serbia

18 Tom Collantine Spain

Eurovision Third Division

Player Team Total

1 Pablo Gonzalez Switzerland

2 Parker Reynolds Poland

3 Pendros Greece

4 Jaradafred Zadabheer Israel

5 Robaldinho Czech Rep

6 Benjas Kyriagkos Belgium

7 Adam Moxon Sweden

The Points System

Int Appearance = 5

Int Goal = 10

Int Own Goal = -10

Int MoM Award = 5

Int Yellow Card = -3

Int Red Card = -8 (2 yellows --> 1 red = -8)

Team Win = 3

Team Draw = 1

Bonus Points:

Top scorer in the EURO / World Cup Qual Tournaments = 25

First to 100 Caps = 25

100 Caps = 15

First to 50 Goals = 50

50 Goals = 35

Break National Caps Record = 25

Break National Goalscoring Record = 25

</pre>

Eurovision Striking Contest Roll of Honour

2007/08 - Robert Boyle / Estonia ( 73 points)

2008/09 - Paddy O'Furniture / Finland ( 94 points)

2009/10 - Mike Bird / Croatia (128 points)

2010/11 - Diego Polo / San Marino (163 points)

</pre>

Steven Kemp - Got bored of not playing for Inter and Reggina bought 50% of him for £3.5m. He will move

to Reggina immediately.

Steven Kemp - However, he was shortly off on his travels again! Man City offered both Inter & Reggina

£8.5m for the player, both were duly accepted and he the Malta star moved to England.

Abit suprising, but im not complaining icon_smile.gif

At first half of me is worth £3.5mil, then suddenly im worth £17mil and a £59k a week contract.

Hopefully i can get some 1st team football at city.

Archived