The Eurovision Striking Contest - The Battle Begins!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as a member of the south american version of this challenge, i have been watching the 'elder brother' since the beginning, and despite my lack of points on the s.a. version it is good to see everyone doing well and having full caps.

Kyle Van Smith is slightly concerned, only 9 appearences for club but with 5 goals, why dont they pick me that a good return.

only 4 more caps for albania not so good but a good return also with 4 goals.

think i need a club which will play me.

not a bad group for the future qualifiers.

I'm happy with Brendan's club form now that he's finally getting some game time at Barcelona (I think I'm still there) but would have liked to see him do better for Liechtenstein with a goal but I guess that's the downside of playing for a nation like Liechtenstein.

KUTGW

May 2012 News Update

European Club Finals

Champions League Final

Despite not coming off the bench, dafuge picked up a champions league winners medal for Real Madrid

UEFA Cup Final

League Tables

English Premiership

Championship

German First Division

Greek Superleague

Italian Serie A

Serie B

Russian Premier Division

Spain La Liga

For the Sunderland duo Arthur White & Robaldinho it was a fairly decent season. Despite losing 2-1 to Everton in the League Cup Final, they helped Sunderland to finish 4th the Premier League and qualify for the Champions League next season.

HSV and Ben Arsenal lost 3-1 to Werder Bremen in the German League Cup Final.

Larisa and Pendros won the Greek Cup with a 3-2 penalty win over Iraklis after a 1-1 draw. Larisa have now qualified for the UEFA Cup.

Bob Van Bob played the whole match as AC Milan beat Fiorentina 2-1 in the Italian Cup Final.

King Queen & Joo are forming a nice partnership upfront for CSKA Moscow, both starting in the Russian Cup Final as they beat city rivals Spartak Moscow 1-0 in the final, King Queen with the goal.

Bob McBob was an unused sub as Valencia beat Villareal 1-0 in the Spanish Cup Final.

Transfers

Jaradafred Zadabheer's contract with Notts Forest was expiring at the end of June and he has been snapped up by Spanish side Villareal. He will join on 1st July 2012.

dafuge is the only other star with his contract expiring at the end of the season, but as yet it looks like both parties are not going to agree to a new contract.

A reason for this could be Real Madrid's decision to buy Pendros from Greek side Larisa for £4.5m. He will join the Spanish side on 1st July 2012.

Real Madrid, Liverpool and Fenerbahce have all made £15m+ offers to Catania for Julius Kapono.

For the first time in ages, none of the 53 players are injured.

Up next, the call ups for EURO 2012. icon14.gif

Ascoli narrowly avoid relegation to Serie B on head-to-head results with Torino I assume. I also assume Jason Demir had little to do with their escpae as he'd only made one appearnce up to March. Oh well, hopefully he'll settle next season and get noticed by one of the Italian giants. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

16 goals in 43 games, not bad.

A new 'slt' concern \o/ wonder what I'm moaning about now, probably that Stoke aren't good enough for me icon_wink.gif.

Mid April now and that doesn't appear by your name anymore - probably because Stoke are flirting with relegation this season! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fourth season in a row I've been involved in a relegation battle? icon_biggrin.gif

European Championships 2012 Call Ups

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Group A Group B

Belgium - Benjas Kyriagkos Greece - Pendros

Russia - - Ukraine - King Queen

Poland - Parker Reynolds Romania - Jim Alex

England - - Portugal - Bob Van Bob

Group C Group D

Serbia - Derren Brown Denmark - Julius Kapono

Italy - - Turkey - Juan King

Holland - - Sweden - Adam Moxon

Spain - - Germany - James Knowles

</pre>

11 out of 16 nations have called up their wonderstar striker, which is quite a good haul. However, with no injuries in any player at the moment, it is surprising that Yhon Wi & Tom Collantine have not been called up for England & Spain respectively after previously playing games for their nation. Russia, Holland & Italy have yet to call their wonderstar up yet, so these non-calls are less of a surprise.

In other news....

Julius Kapono has joined Liverpool after their £15m+ bid was accepted by Catania.

Tyler Burrows has become the highest paid player out of the 53, after signing a new 5 year deal worth £30million! That works out at a cool £97,000pw!

Wow! I was just going to write that "Probably I'm being tutored by a center back, thus scoring only 6 in 27 games." in afternoon but my ISP blocked my connection icon_frown.gif After that, just before going out I saw that Fenerbahce, Liverpool and Real Madrid made offers for me. Hoped for Fenerbahce since it is my local club icon_biggrin.gif And now I see that I'm off to Anfield Road and called up to EUROs. My day couldn't have been better in terms of this sign up I assume icon_biggrin.gif

P.S: If I sat on the bench again, I'll hope for a new manager for Denmark or it doesn't look likely that I'll be the numero uno in the line up icon_wink.gif

European Championships 2012

Group Stage Review

Group A

England won the group at ease with a maximum 9 points.

Parker Reynolds, the only wonderstar in this group had a decent group stage, starting 2 games and coming off the bench against Belgium to score the winner.

th_GroupB-1.jpg

All 4 wonderstars played an active part of the group stage, with regular starts for all of them and 3 of them scoring. King Queen was the odd one out and was the only one not to score in the group stage. Jim Alex scored in 2 games, including a brace aginst Greece. That game was dominated by the wonderstars as Pendros also scored twice in the game. Bob Van Bob helped himself to a couple against Romania. However, who qualified for the Quarter Finals?!

th_GroupC-1.jpg

Derren Brown and Serbia had a competition to forget, going home after not scoring a goal and failing to pick up a point. Spain cruised the group, winning 3 out of 3, but which of Holland or Italy fell by the wayside?!

th_GroupD-1.jpg

Everyone in this group made an appearance at one stage or another, but only James Knowles & Adam Moxon scored in the group stage. Adam Moxon came off the bench against Turkey to score the injury time winner, but was it enough to see Sweden through to the Quarter Finals?

Best Av Ratings

Top Scorers

Quarter Final Draw

Everyone's thoughts on who may win the tournament?!

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Group Stage Review

Group A

England won the group at ease with a maximum 9 points.

Parker Reynolds, the only wonderstar in this group had a decent group stage, starting 2 games and coming off the bench against Belgium to score the winner.

Group B

All 4 wonderstars played an active part of the group stage, with regular starts for all of them and 3 of them scoring. King Queen was the odd one out and was the only one not to score in the group stage. Jim Alex scored in 2 games, including a brace aginst Greece. That game was dominated by the wonderstars as Pendros also scored twice in the game. Bob Van Bob helped himself to a couple against Romania. However, who qualified for the Quarter Finals?!

Group C

Derren Brown and Serbia had a competition to forget, going home after not scoring a goal and failing to pick up a point. Spain cruised the group, winning 3 out of 3, but which of Holland or Italy fell by the wayside?!

Group D

Everyone in this group made an appearance at one stage or another, but only James Knowles & Adam Moxon scored in the group stage. Adam Moxon came off the bench against Turkey to score the injury time winner, but was it enough to see Sweden through to the Quarter Finals?

Best Av Ratings

Top Scorers

Quarter Final Draw

Everyone's thoughts on who may win the tournament?!

Fixed. icon_smile.gif

Spain to get to the final only to lose with Raul missing a penalty, hopefully he'll be so disgraced he will flee and retire from international football, It could happen!!!

still I'm not playing to badly and we've got a well easy World cup qualifying group.

Quarter Finals

England 3 v 1 Greece

Pendros started and scored for Greece to make it 1-1, but Jermain Defoe then scored his 2nd of the game and Theo Walcott put the game beyond doubt in the 89th minute as England progress.

Portugal 2 v 1 Poland

Poland got off to a dream start when Parker Reynolds scored after just 3 minutes. However, the lead didn't last for long as 'that man' Cristiano Ronaldo got the equaliser before Portugal scored again before the break. Bob Van Bob was subbed after 75 minutes as Portugal decided to protect their lead.

Spain 1 v 2 Germany

Fernando Torres scored after 6 minutes to put Spain in the lead, but Germany bounced back through goals by Klose and Borowski. James Knowles played throughout the whole game.

Italy 1 v 1 Denmark - Denmark win 3-2 on penalties

Julius Kapono started but was subbed after just 27 minutes as Denmark put off a huge shock against Italy and Denmark, who finished top of the group with the maximum 9 points, were starting to look good in the tournament.

Semi Final Draw

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

England v Denmark

Portugal v Germany

</pre>

Semi Finals

England 2 v 2 Denmark - England won 4-3 on penalties

Steven Gerrard & Wayne Rooney gave England a 2-0 lead either side of the break, but 2 goals in the last 10 minutes for Denmark took the game into extra time, where no further goals were scored. Michael Carrick scored the final kick of the shootout for England as they progressed. Julius Kapono did not come off the subs bench throughout the match.

Portugal 2 v 2 Germany - Portugal win 6-5 on penalties

Bob Van Bob started for Portugal and got them off to a great start, scoring after 13 minutes. However, Germany equalised on the stroke of halftime. Cristiano Ronaldo scored just after halftime as Portugal retook the lead. James Knowles can on for Germany after 68 minutes and within 10 minutes Germany were level again as Borowski scored a penalty. No more goals in the game led to another penalty shootout and for once the Germans were not so brilliant from the spot, losing after 7 kicks each. Interestingly, neither Bob Van Bob or James Knowles took a penalty kick (probably due to their penalty taking attributes of 5 and 4 respectively).

So the final will be an England v Portugal affair!

European Championships 2012 Final

England 0 v 1 Portugal

In the final, it was a case of England dominating the shot count, but it was Portugal who did a smash and grab victory. Cristiano Ronaldo nicked the ball off the feet of John Terry on the halfway line in the 4th minute of stoppage time at the end of the game, before running in on goal and sliding the ball pass Scott Carson. England will feel hard done by, especially as the game was only meant to have 3 minutes of injury time!!!

Bob Van Bob started and played throughout the whole game. He will be delighted to become the first wonderstar to pick up a major International medal! As well as that, his exploits during the tournament gave a place in the Team of the Tournament line up, upfront with Fernando Torres.

Player Ratings in the Final

Team of the Tournament

Tournament Top Scorers

Pendros will be delighted that after only very recently returning to the international fold, he has become a huge force to be reckoned with, finishing as the 3rd top scorer in the Finals.

Archived