Why do human managers have the advantage?

4 hours ago, Zanman777 said:

I've read several people in this forum stating human managers have the advantage over AI ones. Why is that?

Because human intelligence trumps artificial intelligence?

Specifically, we can be more flexible creating tactics, responding to the opposition, squad-building and so on.

I actually used an editor to make my own CA1, the worst manager in the world - it makes no difference!

AI is better than ever but still limited to coded ways of thinking. In my current save Chelsea sacked Conte season 1, Bielsa (if I recall...) took over ... sold bathsuayi, costa and hazard ...bringing in about 10 DMs and no attackers... they were languishing in 19th place up to Christmas in Season 2 but then new manager came in just before Jan window and sorted them out. Presumably Bielsa's tactical preference and preset likely transfer targets all kicked in to make a bit of a mess of the squad. Which the (good) human managers wouldn't do.

@Zanman777: As already pointed out, it's simply because AI is very limited.

But hey, it's only a matter of time. Once AI gets up to speed, human managers will have *no chance*, except through sheer luck. :)

6 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

AI is better than ever but still limited to coded ways of thinking. In my current save Chelsea sacked Conte season 1, Bielsa (if I recall...) took over ... sold bathsuayi, costa and hazard ...bringing in about 10 DMs and no attackers... they were languishing in 19th place up to Christmas in Season 2 but then new manager came in just before Jan window and sorted them out. Presumably Bielsa's tactical preference and preset likely transfer targets all kicked in to make a bit of a mess of the squad. Which the (good) human managers wouldn't do.

Yeah I see this a lot in my saves. New managers coming in and completely ruining the team lol and signing too many players in one position etc. Feels like manager stats dont count for nothing at times. AI squad building needs to be vastly improved but patience is needed. Like mentioned in this thread, theres so much coding can do. Lets hope for huge improvements in the years to come

1 hour ago, xzar_monty said:

@Zanman777: As already pointed out, it's simply because AI is very limited.

But hey, it's only a matter of time. Once AI gets up to speed, human managers will have *no chance*, except through sheer luck. :)

I don't think so, actually. :-) Still for all that supposedly completely limited AI, it's always amusing to read of all the evidence how the super simple ploy of parking additionally men behind the ball on defensive duties plus dropping off has been perceived of an AI giving an inherently advantage so it could cope. :D Well, in one part it is amusing to read the rage quits (though I can sympathize as the feedback is lacking, in particular shots created, and probably some documentation and UI cues). In another way though this grinds my gear, as naturally the game can't possible only to a few long-term who know possible solutions in and out and what they are facing typically against opponent x, y or z. However there's ample evidence that players clocking in hundreds of hours into it every year still haven't quite sussed it all even on a more basic level, so apparently what the AI is doing purely tactically seems to spring a challenge on occasion still. So how much can they improve this really, given that there is evidence of the long-term dropping additionally points and getting all riled up?

Miles has specifically stated on Twitter that the injuries have been tones throughout the years based on player feedback, likewise. When asked by somebody if SI wouldn't want their football sim, after all, to go the 100%, he answered pretty much: "Most of our plays prefer it that way". [at those 70%, which hugely show on each save just looking through the injury tables and comparing it to real football tables] When the transfer AI is improving this means the less additionally points you win in particular long-term simply by having better players, so will also interesting to see how that pans out. I love this quote, this is directly from one of the former biggest tactical mods: If the AI were ever brought to a level [we] take for granted all hell would break lose as user after user is struggling to cope with a competitive AI manager. There is a reason you know why in ever league simulated in full details, such as your own, there is still a number of teams that long-term need 20 shots to score a goal, check through the team reports and the shot conversions. That said, at least as far as the transfer AI is concerned, SI have always tried to ramp that some up. I don't think anybody has ever had a major problem in making better squads long-term, provided they don't see the sack early which would disrupt things.

Archived