Developing the Youth past the U18's

seabas3

Okay, I know that due to child protection laws and all that jazz that you are not allowed to incorporate the young academy children into the game and have 12 -14 year old's in the game. Yet what about the youth coaches, staff, facilities and etc... 

So rather than just having a board meeting on improving the youth facilities and going on from there, how about actually hiring and firing youth staff below the U18 markers. Youth development staff can be upgraded below this level to improve the quality of youngsters coming in on regen days. Also you are able to upgrade the academy facilities below the U18 levels as if you were to upgrade your own facilities in the game. Also I think it would be cool if you sent scouts to see the "regens" below the U18's level but not necessarily get a report as you do in the game but rather a vague summary like; "There seems to be some good talent coming through" or "There is no significant promise." something of that sort. 

Now coming with the youth facilities and so on, I would love that to be up-gradable. Then this led me to expand on upgrading the facilities...how about we get more in-depth with the ability on upgrading and expanding the facilities. So you can upgrade and develop not only just the facility but specific aspects; like certain equipment or treatment facilities, also the quality of pitches and so on rather then just making it a collective whole. This applies to all facilities whether its training facilities or youth facilities or as mentioned above the academy's. This can also be applied to the youth stadiums.

So using Kirby Academy as example, you are able to also invest in those stadiums for your youngsters and maybe have a say on trying to invite your fans to go watch the youth players and gain money through them as well...mainly applied to the bigger teams in a save but you get the idea.

So what do you think, could it work? Let me know below.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived