promises

I have a player at Leeds that wanted a transfer to City because they offer high wages, so I talked to him and asked how much does he want to stay and we settled at 3.7mil/year. Ok, but when I try to offer him a new contract he isn't interested in signing a new one. Now I have a promise to keep and an unhappy player because he wants to go to City to be paid more. So, what's to be done here?

Ok, I had my problems with player interactions in other versions on FM, but in 17 it's all messed up. I had other conflict with Oliver Torres because I broken a promise I made to him. What promise, I don't know.(I made sure when I signed with him i cancelled all the promises) The team was on a good run and after the conflict with Oliver half of my team was mad because I treated Oliver unfairly. This ruined my start of the season. 

lazar1.PNG

lazar2.PNG

promises are a bit silly this year I agree.  Playing as Spurs Harry Kane was promised I would strengthen the squad in attack. He was unhappy prior to the Jan transfer window (first one for me!!) and even though I signed two more strikers he was still unhappy right up until we were guaranteed 2nd place.

On 12/25/2016 at 02:15, doIT49 said:

I have a player at Leeds that wanted a transfer to City because they offer high wages, so I talked to him and asked how much does he want to stay and we settled at 3.7mil/year. Ok, but when I try to offer him a new contract he isn't interested in signing a new one. Now I have a promise to keep and an unhappy player because he wants to go to City to be paid more. So, what's to be done here?

Try asking him to sack his agent

On 12/25/2016 at 23:33, Buckley0002 said:

In the 14 days prior to the chat did you try and offer a contract and fail ? 

I have only 7 days to keep my promise then the player will lose faith in me because I lied to him, like Oliver Torres did to me.

2 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Try asking him to sack his agent

How can I do this if the agent don't ask for an improved contract?

Archived