[suggestion] Automate player warnings and fines

Gangor

I try to be strict with my players so discipline them often. It can be easy to forget on occasion however and this somewhat undermines the consistent message you're trying to give them. It would be really nice if you could instruct your assistant to give players who have a rating lower than x a warning, lower than y a 1 week fine etc. Also for sendings off and breaches of off the field discipline. 

For bad ratings it makes sense, but sending off might be for a good reason like professional foul late in the game, hence it would be inappropriate to fine the player. Also referees take bad decisions quite often.

The application or non-application of discipline can have such far-reaching effects for the team and player morale that in my view it would be inappropriate to delegate this under any circumstances.  I am sure that you as Manager would be severely hacked off if you have a team mutiny because of poor judgement from your Asst.

Then again, you could say something similar about other things that the player can automate, such as training. Personally, I give warnings for poor performance pretty indiscriminately without negative effects, so I would be very glad if my assistant could take over this task.

Archived