European Football League Idea! Editor advanced rules questions(a lot of). Help needed n appreciated!

tts0

Hi,

as a big NHL n NBA fan I kinda fell in love with american league systems, so I came up with the idea of recreating them here in Europe. Unfortunately, I got very little clue bout editing especially when it comes to such advanced rules, so I sincerely ask for your help guys! 

The idea behind the league structure is pretty simple, yet pretty complicated, lol.

EFL contains of 54 teams in total, divided into 2 conferences(28 teams each) ), which are also divided into 2 divisions(14 teams each). Each team plays 54 games in total, 2x13 in its own division n once against rest of the teams from other 3 divisions. 

Play-off qualification.

Top 3 teams from each division qualify for conference play-off quarterfinals. Also two teams from each conference, which didnt make top 3, qualify(similar to NHL wild card). Then its just simple play-off till the interconference finals.

How to set this all up, guys?!

Additional questions.

I would really love to set up an entry draft for young players. Is there any way to do this or its hardcoded? if its imposible. how can i prevent U-18 players from changing clubs?

Is there any way to set up bosman ruling only for U-31 players?

How can I let players on junior contract(19-22 yo) to freely negotiate profesional contract with any team?

All for now. Any help would be apreciated!

Cheers!

While I'm not fully familiar with setting up division structures with promotion/relegation etc, I know drafts are definitely possible as I've seen the option in the advanced rules. The rest of the rules you've described I'm pretty certain are possible.

I think the best idea would be to use the MLS structure as a guideline. The advanced rules can require a lot of trial and error to get things working but it's definitely worth taking the time to look into everything and test as you go.

15 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

While I'm not fully familiar with setting up division structures with promotion/relegation etc, I know drafts are definitely possible as I've seen the option in the advanced rules. The rest of the rules you've described I'm pretty certain are possible.

I think the best idea would be to use the MLS structure as a guideline. The advanced rules can require a lot of trial and error to get things working but it's definitely worth taking the time to look into everything and test as you go.

And where is that option?

16 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

And where is that option?

I'm having a look now as I can't remember exactly but there was something in reference to drafts in one of the drop downs where you can select multiple rules.

Edit: I'll have to take back what I said as being "definitely possible" for now because I can't find it, not among the transfer rules etc anyway. I definitely saw something in reference to a draft though in one of the drop down boxes, I wouldn't make it up. Maybe someone who knows their way around the editor can back me up on that, I dunno.

Archived