in game time moving forward too slowly

Im playing a network game (not sure if this actually is affecting)

The game date/time seems to moving on in too small increments. Previously when playing FM you skipped forward a day at time usually, sometimes stopping once or twice a day. This was usually fixed around news items, you always had one when the game stopped.

Essentially it feels like we are stuck in a transfer window time-go-slow setting without actually being in one.

The only setting which i can see which directly affects this is the tick box RE "have fewer stops in play by increasing duration of processing break". this is ticked.

any solutions or anyone else encounter this before.

Probably because it is network.. how many players are there? I would imagine each of you receive news regularly and perhaps not synced so you get news at 3pm P2 gets new at 5pm... so on. I always get annoyed by my brother if we play network game because he is never ending scouting, bidding and doing press conferences, so he gets millions of news items... have to put the continue timer on or come up with internal rules on what news you subscribe to and how often you can fart about scouting or setting up friendlies for your u18s just to get a few k extra revenue... all the little bits that are fine in a one player career but boring as hell in a network game!

22 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

Probably because it is network.. how many players are there? I would imagine each of you receive news regularly and perhaps not synced so you get news at 3pm P2 gets new at 5pm... so on. I always get annoyed by my brother if we play network game because he is never ending scouting, bidding and doing press conferences, so he gets millions of news items... have to put the continue timer on or come up with internal rules on what news you subscribe to and how often you can fart about scouting or setting up friendlies for your u18s just to get a few k extra revenue... all the little bits that are fine in a one player career but boring as hell in a network game!

It's still happening when it's just me. 

It's just the 2 of us. Also we have played similar network games in the past just never on Fm17 and never had this problem, we've only just started and aren't receiving news items when the game prompts you to press continue again. We are also both MLS sides so our subscriptions are the same and we haven't made much change beyond the default subscriptions.

Archived