Just Another Game! A Journey Through A Football Manager Addiction

haha Player-Manager was my gateway drug of choice. Been hooked to every CM/FM game since.  I guess like a lot of fans that have been with the franchise for the last 25 years the addiction is getting harder to handle! The games are getting better and better... but more and more detailed/time consuming and less time to play!  I work 9-5.30 (thus i'm logged onto this forum 9-5.30) and I only get to play FM when the wife is at yoga bellies or asleep early! Son due in mid May ... im more nervous about whether it will increase/decrease my FM time than I am about the actuality of having a baby...

4 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

haha Player-Manager was my gateway drug of choice. Been hooked to every CM/FM game since.  I guess like a lot of fans that have been with the franchise for the last 25 years the addiction is getting harder to handle! The games are getting better and better... but more and more detailed/time consuming and less time to play!  I work 9-5.30 (thus i'm logged onto this forum 9-5.30) and I only get to play FM when the wife is at yoga bellies or asleep early! Son due in mid May ... im more nervous about whether it will increase/decrease my FM time than I am about the actuality of having a baby...

Do the night feeds pal... she sleeps you play while you look after the boy! Did that with my first daughter and also having a son due in April so will be doing the same! But totally agree, game gets better and better! 

Just now, bucket said:

Do the night feeds pal... she sleeps you play while you look after the boy! Did that with my first daughter and also having a son due in April so will be doing the same! But totally agree, game gets better and better! 

thanks good tip! im also thinking I can condition the baby to be quiet when I play FM so everytime he cries she is almost forcing me to play FM.

1 hour ago, LaytonBhoy said:

Never seen that one before :) Looks like I'd have enjoyed it.

The thing is, there was no real tactical element, you just picked the team then watched the results coming in. But it was the wealth of stats in the game that I loved, plus a living gameworld with all real life players where you could view results and team line ups of every other game. In 1987, that was virtually unheard of.  

Archived