The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting to hear the "vocal" St Mirren fans tonight, especially having a go at Nacho? I wonder if certain others have went to the game tonight disguised

anyway, I've heard Barry Ferguson's name once (twice at a pinch) in about 45 minutes, the captain is supposed to lead by example and he's gone missing AGAIN. Need to stop playing the long ball pish and actually pass our way towards goal, although Weir and Dailly seem to have been weaned on the long ball so I can't see that stopping.

Darch and Boyd need more chances in the 2nd half, so we need more creation - Boyd has had one chance and scored it, Darch 2 - one came off the post and he scored the other

Originally posted by Jeebs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Meh. It might be 2-0, but tbh I think we've played *****. Too much hurry burrying, still not really enough skill.

Get Fleck on.

You ever happy? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never happy with pish, no.

Friend of mine was at a Dundee Utd awards dinner a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately the chairman is ill atm, but he had a long blether with the second in command. Basically what was conveyed with a nod and a wink was that if the chosen few go to tannadeetchie having to win to secure the trophy, well they will do so icon_wink.gif Just for all you theory hunters out there icon_wink.gif

Just loving this atm i thought wee chesney hawkes inept tactical style had thrown away the title just for it to be given back to us on a silver platter. Anyhoo looks like The mini currents are doing all that it takes to roll over beethoven for the forces of darkness here. I fully expect a 5-0 6-0 final. Defending is laughable.

Cheers all

Originally posted by TM:

interesting to hear the "vocal" St Mirren fans tonight, especially having a go at Nacho? I wonder if certain others have went to the game tonight disguised

Chelsea fans again?

And McGeady always get abuse at Love St, 10 times more than Novo has had tonight.

this has been pathetic, no creation and the long ball pish icon13.gif

change it now Walter and don't wait till 80 minutes - get some of them passing and bring Run DMB on for 25 minutes or so

Originally posted by dogs:

Friend of mine was at a Dundee Utd awards dinner a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately the chairman is ill atm, but he had a long blether with the second in command. Basically what was conveyed with a nod and a wink was that if the chosen few go to tannadeetchie having to win to secure the trophy, well they will do so icon_wink.gif Just for all you theory hunters out there icon_wink.gif

Just loving this atm i thought wee chesney hawkes inept tactical style had thrown away the title just for it to be given back to us on a silver platter. Anyhoo looks like The mini currents are doing all that it takes to roll over beethoven for the forces of darkness here. I fully expect a 5-0 6-0 final. Defending is laughable.

Cheers all

Dogs is still alive the CM 01/02 god, how you doing?

St Mirren fans really are a joke tbh, sooner they get relegated back where they belong the better.

no Gretna to save them, so I expect they will be down next year. Just irritated with the utter pish long ball stuff which has been the story of our season and even I'm not happy with a 3-0 win

Not sure why Walter decided to take off a striker for a striker in both subs - the game was won at 3-0, Broadfoot or Whittaker could have came off and we could have gone a bit more attacking. Ah well, the title was lost on Saturday so probably no point in bothering with the last day of the season.

Sure we'll get some more coming out of the woodwork though, always seems to happen around this time of the year icon14.gif

We done the business and won like I thought we would. We had the chances to get those extra goals that could provide cruical but we simply lacked the killer pass to get them, and to be fair to St Mirren they got their act together at the back for most of the 2nd half.

I'd say we need Celtic to foul up now, in the end we can't have any complaints it shouldn't have to come down to goal difference. The games at Hibs and Motherwell cost us because we couldn't take our chances.

are st mirren always that bad? that guy Potter at the back must've gave away about 20 throw ins tonight by kicking the ball straight up the park icon_biggrin.gif

i think thats the GD thing over now i think. Do you think WS will go back to the 4-5-1 on thursday now that a win is the most important thing now?

We don't deserve the title, Celtic do and thats the truth.

It was typical Walter tonight, waits until fifteen and ten minutes to go before deploying the subs - really whats the point in that? And 3-0 is as good as a loss so why not really throw caution to the win and just go for it? Really Walter, learn to lighten up.

I think Walter has some sort of time limit on subs, he can't make one till 80 minutes icon14.gif

the change was needed at 3-0, but he let the game go about 8 minutes longer before bringing on DMB for Novo - although it should have been DMB for Whittaker/Broadfoot with the game already won

All ifs and buts now but Smith should have played a formation similar to this for most of the season. If he had been braver the league would have been over by now.

On a side note St Mirren were absolutely woeful and I hope to see the back of them next year. Any team that has Jim Hamilton leading the line deserves to be sent to the SFL as quickly as possible.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

We don't deserve the title, Celtic do and thats the truth.

It was typical Walter tonight, waits until fifteen and ten minutes to go before deploying the subs - really whats the point in that? And 3-0 is as good as a loss so why not really throw caution to the win and just go for it? Really Walter, learn to lighten up.

I agree, should of went 2-4-4 when we were 3-0 up, nothing to lose but it seems Walters defensive mentality prevailed.

Both sides have been relatively poor this season but I would say Celtic deserved it.

Looks like the 68 games have taken their toll icon_frown.gif.

Archived