The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Rangers are to offer £3m in cash for Middlesbrough's England Under-21 winger Adam Johnson. (News of the World)

Tottenham are unwilling to meet Rangers' £10m asking price for goalkeeper Allan McGregor. (Sunday Mail)

Steve Davis' agent says the midfielder is poised to complete his permanent transfer from Fulham to Rangers within two weeks. (Sunday Mail)

Rangers will make an increased offer for Motherwell defender Mark Reynolds after having a near £1m offer rejected. (Sunday Times)

Charlton Athletic say they have not had an approach from Rangers for defender Madjid Bougherra. (Sunday Mail)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Stan petrov:

Haha, you're pathetic.

I'll toddle off to the champions thread now, wont get anywhere with you and your ignorant personna icon_smile.gif

Thanks, you can share your wrong opinions with your fellow Celtic fans who also think your wrong about Kenny Millers first touch, if you check the posts by Mr nice and Tonycfc up a bit, cheery bye son.

Success of this signing will be determined by the player's fitness as he is a decent player. Unfortunately his fitness levels appear poor so hopefully any deal is pay-as-you-play.

What with the Hearts / Wigan wrangle dragging on and on, is there any chance we've been secretly locked into Webster's eventual transfer here long before it being announced today?

Can't think of many other clubs who would happily take on a guy permanently who's played one competitive match in 18 months and very few in the year or so before that.

The Wigan website seems to think he'll be back for the start of the season at least, although we've heard it all before.

I was led to believe SDM was responsible for signing Webster (as he was Hendry) so it wouldn't surprise me if we were locked into signing him - depending on the fee.

Webster is a decent central defender but given his lack of any competitive games in the last 2 years, it will take him until at least Xmas to get any sort of match fitness/sharpness - IF we recovers properly from the double hernia.

As such, we really need someone else to come in and play alongside Cuellar. Someone like Simic would suit me actually. Experienced and would bring out the best in CC so worth the inflated wage (as long as it isn't too high). Shittu is more likely though which would be an interesting, though unglamorous, signing.

We still need a creative player or two as well. Davis may be seen as one which leaves space for a high level quality winger. I guess Adam Johnston may tick that box to an extent but that still leaves the team lop-sided.

New strikers will depend on the future of the existing ones.

We won't be able to guestimate more until the end of June when the accounts are released.

• SI Staff

It's all a bit underwhelming to be honest. Davis would have excited me if it wasn't for his slump at the end of the season.

If he can recover the form when he first joined then he'll be excellent.

Shittu, Johnson, meh. I don't know anything about them and wasn't excited by Cuellar either so they could turn out good.

Fact of the matter is, Miller is an improvement on Cousin and Darcheville, who have shown flashes of competency and thats it.

Miller - 30 SPL Games, 8 goals

Cousin - 26 SPL Games, 10 goals

Darcheville - 30 SPL Games (14 starts), 12 goals.

FAIL.

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stan petrov:

Fact of the matter is, Miller is an improvement on Cousin and Darcheville, who have shown flashes of competency and thats it.

FAIL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Miller : League Medal

FAIL

Cant really say that I am overwhelmed by the signing of Webster- he may be worth it but it would appear to be a massive gamble on a player who has only played 4 games in 2 seasons. I hope that this is not the full extent of the managers ambition in new signings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stan petrov:

FAIL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Miller : League Medal

FAIL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Missing the point : SUCCESS

Originally posted by batch:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Want McCulloch back?

Nah. We had the best out of him.

Stoke want him apparantly but he's still miles better than that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I beg to differ

Originally posted by batch:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Want McCulloch back?

Nah. We had the best out of him.

Stoke want him apparantly but he's still miles better than that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I'd carry him on my back to Stoke to get rid of him, he's that bad.

A more brainless, talentless excuse for a footballer I've yet to see. It pains me to think we wasted £2.25m on the donkey.

• SI Staff

Apparently Kenny Miller wants £25k and we're offering £15k. I reckon it would probably be best if Kenny just went back to the Premiership if he wants that kind of money.

Cuellar will be lucky to be on £15k tbh, although will probably get a nice payrise if he signs a new contract. He deserves it though.

Originally posted by ibroxhero:

let's re-sign Gio \o/

Would take Gio back in a heartbeat, great to him score the other night.

Getting seriously depressed by our transfer activity so far, if this is the clubs idea of 'quality' signings we are in deep deep merde.

Originally posted by Ter:

Apparently Kenny Miller wants £25k and we're offering £15k. I reckon it would probably be best if Kenny just went back to the Premiership if he wants that kind of money.

Cuellar will be lucky to be on £15k tbh, although will probably get a nice payrise if he signs a new contract. He deserves it though.

Absolutely no chance of us giving Miller £15 p/week never mind £15K.

When he was on a Bosman we only offered him £12K. Hence why he joined Celtic for the same amount plus appearance/goal bonus.

• SI Staff

Our pre-season tour of Germany has now been confirmed on the official site, giving us this pre-season schedule.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">SUN 13 JUL: SC Preussen Munster (A) - Friendly

WED 16 JUL: Sportfreunde Lotte (A) - Friendly

SAT 19 JUL: Schalke (A) - Friendly

TUE 22 JUL: Clyde (A) - Friendly

SAT 26 JUL: Liverpool (H) - Friendly

MON 28 JUL: Ayr (A) - David Harkness Testimonial

WED 30 JUL: Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round Leg 1

SAT 02 AUG: Tamworth (A) - Friendly

WED 06 AUG: Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round Leg 2

SAT 09 AUG: SPL</pre>

So Viking have agreed to sell Velicka but only if we wait till August. Fair enough.

I like Velicka but a Rangers front line of Velicka and Miller.... I am sure the rest of Europe is shaking as we speak. Actually nevermind the rest of europe, the rest of the SPL ffs icon_biggrin.gif

Archived