Add commentator

HOTBULLETOWEN

I think before a commentator is added, the sounds need to be overhauled first. This game has been screaming for new sounds. SI keep mentioning licences, but all we need is a complete revamp of new sounds. They dont have to be team specific. League or country specific would be a nice touch, but overall, sounds need to get way better. I always mute them these days.

49 minutes ago, Black and Yellow said:

I'd disagree personally. Do managers hear commentary during games in real life? Plus, I think it'd end up like FIFA where you hear the same thing 1000 times!

TIP: in Fifa each time you play change the commentary to a different language. I particularly like the Dutch

I'm trying to imagine the added rage when supposedly "clear-cut" incidents (corner kick, delivery into crowded box, player takes dip, easily blocked by like three guys in front of his) aren't only statistically flagged as such, but trigger an over-the-top TV-style commentary yelling alongside to it: "He should have buried that!" See, the game agrees doubly with me that should have been a goal for sure!

Then again, that would add another layer of realism. There is "top-class" punditry that gets paid thousands to bladder nonsense about how Griezmann "would bury like 90% of his one on ones" unchallenged (making him out not merely a great player -- but a totally alien) -- and it's obvious that your average commentator is (or at least acts) uneducated fan first and foremost. All opinion and emotional dressing, little common sense. In other words: Bring it on! :D

This would be cool but how many of us would really listen the commentary after few games anymore, instead of listening to music from Spotify or iTunes for example?

On 25-1-2017 at 10:51, Black and Yellow said:

I'd disagree personally. Do managers hear commentary during games in real life? Plus, I think it'd end up like FIFA where you hear the same thing 1000 times!

Managers don't watch the game from camera angles, aren't able to switch between 2D or 3D, can't see replays... For that sake of realism, there should be a dugout angle.

It's been done and only appeared in one version, CM2 I believe back in the day, Clive Tyldseley did the voice and it got pretty repetitive , it's expensive to start with , time consuming and within a few hours every user mutes it.

• 10 months later...

Archived