Bournemouth moving stadium..

Just noticed on my save that during the 2017-18 save that Bournemouth are building a new stadium, but during the current season they are ground sharing with watford? Anyone else notice that one because a Watford groundshare seems a bit of a strange choice..

On 05/02/2017 at 18:00, Mrlee.1986 said:

Just noticed on my save that during the 2017-18 save that Bournemouth are building a new stadium, but during the current season they are ground sharing with watford? Anyone else notice that one because a Watford groundshare seems a bit of a strange choice..

24 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Dean Court to Vicarage Road is 107 miles.

Dean Court to St Mary's Stadium is 31 miles, Fratton Park is 51.1 miles and Huish Park is 51.8 miles.

I assume it's something to do with rivalries. Bournemouth and Southampton consider each other rivals, while Portsmouth consider Bournemouth rivals, which probably makes groundshares less likely. Huish Park is way, way too small so they have little choice but to move to somewhere in/around London - I assume Watford was the cheapest option that wasn't a rival and had a suitable capacity. One of the South London teams, Charlton or Palace or even Millwall would perhaps have made more sense though just because of travel links, but I guess the game probably just looks at distance and says them and Watford are all much of a muchness.

Actually just looked on Google Maps out of curiosity, and in terms of travel time by car Watford is actually the quickest destination out of the options at just under two hours each way - quicker than Bristol even though that's much closer and seems on paper more sensible.

Hmm I guess, just thought it strange when you remember the spurs fans complaining when there was talk of playing in Milton Keynes or Brighton for these couple of seasons..

I can understand the rivalries point though, but considering Portsmouth being skint and a lower league club, they probably would of wanted the money. 

Edit - adding to this, premier league rules state stadiums must have 12,500 capacity, which as @Spurs08stated, would rule out huish park as an option. 

11 hours ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

Why can't they just play where they are until the new one is built?

Or is it being built on top of the where the old one was?

Presumably on top of where the old one was. But that seems to happen far too often in FM compared to real life where Tottenham and Chelsea are the only notable cases I can think of ongoing.

Bournemouth have announced they have identified 3 potential sites for a new stadium - all of which are not at the current location. 

I believe the original preference was to redevelop the existing site. Now this has been established as unviable, I'd expect in the next update to FM, Bournemouth to remain at existing stadium until new one is built. 

2 hours ago, AFCBeer said:

Bournemouth have announced they have identified 3 potential sites for a new stadium - all of which are not at the current location. 

I believe the original preference was to redevelop the existing site. Now this has been established as unviable, I'd expect in the next update to FM, Bournemouth to remain at existing stadium until new one is built. 

Unfortunately there's no current way to tell the game that's what's likely to happen. Only way it could affect FM is once the plans are advanced enough for the stadium move to be added to the game - that doesn't normally happen until there's a confirmed site, capacity, and completion date at least and even then they seem to exercise caution if it still needs planning permission etc. (I believe ages ago they had a couple moves - Portsmouth and Liverpool come to mind - that were added to the game and then never happened in real life which wasn't good).

On 06/02/2017 at 23:30, Nobby_McDonald said:

Dean Court to Vicarage Road is 107 miles.

Dean Court to St Mary's Stadium is 31 miles, Fratton Park is 51.1 miles and Huish Park is 51.8 miles.

Also the Madjeski Stadium, which is 75 miles and about an hour and a half.

I am pretty sure if it came to it they would still go to St Mary's or Fratton Park.  I mean Fulham shared with QPR for a bit.

I'd report it as a bug.

I had similar with my Darlington save. Promoted to the Football League and the board have announced we're moving to Accrington! Thats nearly 90 miles from Darlington. That said the chairman is called Peter Griffin...

Screenshot.thumb.jpg.c1a8f96af654a1425871f00ea9c068b1.jpg

Archived