Football Manager 2018 Editor new feature suggestion

Enzu225

It would be good if the new Football Manager 2018 editor would have an option in the editor which asks: Player is regen? (check if yes), so it could create regenerated faces for players who don't have an image. It would be also nice to have (in addition to selecting player ethnicity and hair color) an option to select player hair length (bald, short, medium, long, random).

• 1 month later...

Football Manager is a game with a vast database and has many variables that affect the in game events. It requires alot of investment in the form of time and in order to ease that burden the assistant manager or the personal assistant should be more helpful. 

1. Personal Assistant should notify you if a shortlisted player is transfer listed

2. Sorting of inbox like Gmail (transfer related, match related, scouting related, general so on...)

3. Womans Football included

4. Like tunnel interview, questions there should match events like

a) Refusing handshakes

b) Reaction to a player being red carded

c) Reactions to penalties, controversial goals and injuries

5. Tweaking the social feeds. Its stupid if a player has scored 5 goals and someone criticises  him on the feed.

6. Player character development - Volatile players should miss training and have small accidents and maybe have pictures taken of them being drunk which could lead to the club punishing him and leading him to being unavailable for key matches. Even interviews could have swearing which could lead to the football association banning him for the next few games. Players asking for leave for personal work and not just for being homesick.

7. Scouting page revamped - Big clubs have a lot of scouts and in order to ensure ease of use each scout beside his name should have the assigment tab where he can be assigned an asssigment. Instead of going to each scout and giving him his own assigment or going on the assigment screen and choosing an assigment and selecting a scout (have to do this 31 times as i have 31 scouts) there should be one page where i can assign all my scouts different assigments without switching pages.

8. Edit existing scouting assigments (filters) without needing to delete the scouting assigment and recreating a new one.

9. There are some players you want to develop but you cant play him every week. There should be an option to force your reserves coach to select a player you want him to for that weeks reserves match.

10. Better way to fit widgets when watching a match. I dont want to miss out play just because the widgets are in the way

11. No options for feeder clubs!!! Seriously?!?!

12. Been for long at a club? Recommend you successor!

13. Better income from sposership deals

14. Ability to repay club debt if there are excess funds available

15 Ability to attend matches of your transfer targets/shortlisted players.

16. Player refuses to play for the club if you/ some other team manager refuses to sell him.

6, 9, 11 & 15 are already in FM, 16 sort of is as very unhappy players can go AWOL while 13 & 14 are also events in the game but are controlled by the club board/owners as looking after the accounts & commercial income is their job.

Streamlining the scouting assignment system is a solid idea.

13 minutes ago, David_H1997 said:

@Barside how do you attend a transfer targets game?

I presume you go his club's page, look at their fixtures, and any fixtures that interests you, you click on it and there's an option to attend. I'm not at the game right now, so I can't be more detailed, but it works like that.

The target has to play in a competition that you can view, either the league is loaded, or they are playing in a continental or national fixture that you can watch.

@kidthekid Thanks, wasn't aware of that. I'll give it a go next time I'm trying to sign somebody. I wish I'd have known that sooner, It's 5 years into my save and I'm not totally happy with my squad since I've signed players who've not performed - Wish I could go back and correct that - but at least I can find replacements more easily now before selling them.

• 4 months later...

I want there to be an option in the editor to set up drafts for a league (like in the MLS). Example: Number of rounds, serpentine/fixed, max player age etc.

I also think it should be made easier to change a nation's continent. For example, say I want to move the Chinese Super League into UEFA so they can play in the champions league, that's not possible. I know it's more complex but it would be cool to be able to create your own nation without taking out some other nations. And if this is not going to work, maybe at least have the option to change the name origin type (Slavic, Spanish, Germanic, Chinese, etc.)

I would like it to be possible to add logos to clubs and competitions that you set up in the editor i.e. I created a new team in the editor but using the skinning method for logos doesn't work with created clubs.

But probably the top addition I want in FM is for women's players + teams to be included so I can play in leagues like the NWSL and Bundesliga Frau. 

10 hours ago, Amcalabrese said:

I would like it to be possible to add logos to clubs and competitions that you set up in the editor i.e. I created a new team in the editor but using the skinning method for logos doesn't work with created clubs.

This definitely does work

I've created clubs in the editor and added crests and kits by adding them to the graphics folder with config files

I would like an option to randomly generate a squad of xx amount of players with an average of yy.

It gets tedious creating a league and adding players 1 by 1 to teams to get them to a certain standard.

Maybe it could be linked to a teams reputation.

(Yes I know there's an option to add players to playable teams but it also adds U21s, U18s if those leagues are included and the players are usually of poor quality)

• 2 months later...

Archived