Hi all

Purchased Manager Touch 2017 on appstore on my ipad air 2, and have spent further cash on ingame buys....

WARNING : After reaching season 30 , YOU CANT PLAY THE GAME NO MORE

..' THIS GAME CAN ONLY BE COONTINUED ON A PC ' is the messege u get

I feel totally ripped off....first of all, the amount on purchasing the game, second of all..all the money further spent on in game buys

If the app/game told us that this game couldnt be played beyond season 30, i would never had bought it...as the rest of you

I feel ripped off, and have complaied abaout false advertising and markering on this game, fooling us to buy this... its like buying a dvd, and after 90 min, you get a text that says that u have to

see the rest of the movie on a bluray.

Its tragic they do whatever they can desperately to sell us users a game, and when we buy it, we cant play it fully...

Apple have a 60 day refund, BUT , as sega well knows, normally it takes much longer to reach season 30 than 60 days....

all i have done is play this after work ( have no life ) , and i have used 4 months....so, as sega well knows.... no refund for me

SO BE AWARE... dont throw away $ on this game, buy the PC version instead..... the pc version is 100% full, and 10x better ,both in detail and playmode itself

IMG_20170316_140303.jpg

stop whining all mobile versions have a 25-30 season limit due to hardware limitations and whatnot besides it wouldnt be realistic to go over 45+ years anyway. actually is there a possibility of changing that particular message to explain why the portable versions cant be played for more than 30 years @Lucas Weatherby 

2 hours ago, chob said:

lol. It's common knowledge that there is a 30 season limit on tablet. Like Seph says it's because of hardware limitations.

well, i for sure didnt know that..... so where is this common knowlege that its only a 30 season limit on table?..... that info should be shared under the games tablet description....

if u start managing when u r 38, u r 68 when u have to quit..make no sense....

• Administrators

I remember being 8 years old and getting to the 30 season limit on the original games SI produced - for the computer, back in 1997. It's not a rip off.

Sometimes, games have limitations built into them for technical reasons. In this case, a 30 season limit is to ensure that save games can reach the 'end point' and not run out of memory before then. 

If you didn't have this limitation then you would be reaching the point where your hardware would not be able to take your save game any further anyway. Would that make your hardware a rip off because it's not as powerful as a desktop machine? Of course not.

32 minutes ago, psk2x17 said:

well, i for sure didnt know that..... so where is this common knowlege that its only a 30 season limit on table?..... that info should be shared under the games tablet description....

if u start managing when u r 38, u r 68 when u have to quit..make no sense....

thats what google fu is for. and even if you tested out FMM & refunded for it before the time limit was up. you can see one of the achievements has a condition of "complete 30 seasons"

7 hours ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

If you didn't have this limitation then you would be reaching the point where your hardware would not be able to take your save game any further anyway. Would that make your hardware a rip off because it's not as powerful as a desktop machine? Of course not.

This is why I would love a desktop-only version of Touch.  (Perhaps this would mean there could be an editor, too).

• Administrators
On 17/03/2017 at 20:03, ifthenwouldi said:

This is why I would love a desktop-only version of Touch.  (Perhaps this would mean there could be an editor, too).

There already is.

On 3/18/2017 at 17:21, Lucas Weatherby said:

There already is.

Hmm. Maybe if I'm more direct...

You can download FMT for the PC, but you can also download it for tablets.  Because SI has created a product they simultaneously market to desktop AND tablet users, the desktop version gets watered down. There are a number of niggly differences between FMT and the full version that were never asked for by FMT users.  Most of us despise the social aspects, but would love an editor, full coaching staffs, robust tutoring, etc. I understand those omissions in a tablet version, but not in a desktop one.

There's already a big difference between the games designed for phones and tablets; I'd like to see a similar difference between tablets and desktops.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, ifthenwouldi said:

the desktop version gets watered down

Completely untrue. It just offers a different experience to the main game. Otherwise you may as well just play the full version on PC if that is preferred by you but it isn't by everyone (indeed, I prefer Touch mode).

3 hours ago, ifthenwouldi said:

There are a number of niggly differences between FMT and the full version that were never asked for by FMT users.  Most of us despise the social aspects, but would love an editor, full coaching staffs, robust tutoring, etc. I understand those omissions in a tablet version, but not in a desktop one.

These niggly differences are what make it possible to have a quicker mode. Many people are asking for different things, often features from the main game. I go into depth in the wishlist thread why certain features are unlikely if ever to be readopted by Touch, they were left out of the original FMC version for a reason. I'd suggest taking a look at that thread for a much more in depth discussion about it.

6 hours ago, ifthenwouldi said:

Hmm. Maybe if I'm more direct...

You can download FMT for the PC, but you can also download it for tablets.  Because SI has created a product they simultaneously market to desktop AND tablet users, the desktop version gets watered down. There are a number of niggly differences between FMT and the full version that were never asked for by FMT users.  Most of us despise the social aspects, but would love an editor, full coaching staffs, robust tutoring, etc. I understand those omissions in a tablet version, but not in a desktop one.

There's already a big difference between the games designed for phones and tablets; I'd like to see a similar difference between tablets and desktops.

If you know the history of FMC and then FMT you would know that the opposite is true. FMC evolved on the PC year by year with more analysis and options and is now FMT which is compatible as a cross-save on the tablet. In fact, the tablet version improved and got closer to the PC version, not the other way around. Maybe you have FMM in your mind, which is truly on mobile devices but you cannot compare it to FMT on the tablet.

Also, when playing FMT on the PC you still have a broader experience, being able to customize your graphics and having bigger databases.

So, while I understand that you would think it gets watered down, FMT is an example of an exception which actually increased its features and got the tablet version to adapt to the PC one.

I've been alternating between FMT and the full game and I'd say the only thing I'd like FMT to take from the latter would be actual squad registration rules for league and continental competition, MLS/A-League rules etc.

The lack of those rules removes some of the challenge of squad building.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived