PA Drop - 115 to 59...... Didnt know that was possible?

Hi,

I'm doing an Academy Challenge and like to accurately track my players progress.

Just had a player go from 115 PA to 59 PA.

He did have an injury for 3 or 4 months but never noticed this before and didn't know it was possible.

An injury stricken play might not GET TO his PA but I didn't think it actually changed? 

Curious as to how one gets those PA 115 to 59 numbers, is it with an editor or something?  No offense but it seems like a cheat, though idk maybe that's encouraged in an "academy challenge" whatever that is (though doesn't seem like much of a challenge if you can hack the database to get hidden numbers).

1 hour ago, b28937 said:

Curious as to how one gets those PA 115 to 59 numbers, is it with an editor or something?  No offense but it seems like a cheat, though idk maybe that's encouraged in an "academy challenge" whatever that is (though doesn't seem like much of a challenge if you can hack the database to get hidden numbers).

It is "cheating" by most people's definitions, but can be done either with the official in-game editor or a variety of third party skins and utilities.

5 hours ago, b28937 said:

4 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

It is "cheating" by most people's definitions, but can be done either with the official in-game editor or a variety of third party skins and utilities.

Its "cheating" by SOME people's definitions. By other's, its the right way to play, It's their saved game and their rules, so up to them how they play it. 

I had a player ca was around 120 pa was 150 reccomended was 160 and kept rising as the season went on to the point where it is now 184 the kid is only 19 ha ha not sure where it will end but I'll keep watching , New messi I reckon 

12 hours ago, Cpwfos said:

I had a player ca was around 120 pa was 150 reccomended was 160 and kept rising as the season went on to the point where it is now 184 the kid is only 19 ha ha not sure where it will end but I'll keep watching , New messi I reckon 

4 hours ago, Vad said:

Do you actually mean Potential Ability and not Current Ability? I thought PA was supposed to be static.

2 hours ago, enigmatic said:

The only way PA goes from 150 to 184 is if you use the editor to edit as well as observe...

I believe there's an issue with a couple of the third-party tools you can use to view PA which result in it being reported inaccurately. SI have repeatedly stated that PA never goes up, and can only go down due to serious injuries, and this is supported by what the in-game editor shows.

As for PA increases: I'm sure you've all seen your assistant comment on a youngster, saying something along the lines of "Previously I thought he was only going to be a Division I player, but now I think he has the potential to be a top class player for our team".

I suppose this is *not* the PA actually increasing, it's only the assistant getting a more accurate reading of what his PA actually is. Right?

Pa and ca of this player was viewed using the editor and I raised it in manually as the reccomended ability rose automatically now all 3 have peaked at 200 kind of wish now I'd kept hold of the player, 200 ca at 19 is crazy he's at Liverpool now they bought him for 36mil with a chance of rising another 7 mil after league appearances of which he has now less than ten to complete for my next pay out 

Archived