Should I stay or should I go?

I am currently playing a save with Preston North End and am in the 2019/20 season. I took PNE to the Premier League in my second season and now have a solid squad including Jordan Pickford, Sokratis, Patrick Van Aanholt and my star signing Lucas Moura. After finishing 16th in my first season in the Prem I expected to push on for a mid table position however results have been poor and I currently sit in 18th. Not only have the results been poor but the performances have been dire and while the board have no complaints about me yet I fear they will soon. I feel like I have achieved all I can at Deepdale.

As I was beginning to think this I had two offers come in, one from Everton and one from Fiorentina. Despite both being huge clubs they are both in the relegation zones of their domestic leagues as we near the end of the calendar year and head towards January. Despite Everton's struggles they still have a strong squad including Barkley, Lukaku, Vardy, Jones, Coleman and Deulofeu. Everton's resources far outstrip mine but I would technically be taking a step down and would have a harder challenge pulling Everton up from 19th. The contract is on the table after my job interview, I rejected Fiorentina but Everton interests me although I feel like I would be betraying the Preston fans and the players I worked hard to get, particularly a young regen striker Gennaru Guerra who is my top scorer and has 5* potential. I know its my decision but I would like to know what you would do if it was you because I really can't make up my mind.

Should I stay or should I go now?

37 minutes ago, TheRealTactician said:

Depends what you want, do you want to make PNE champions of England or rise to the top quicker by taking better jobs. If the latter i'd take the Everton job, Italy may be tough with limited financial power to actually fix a team in January.

Thanks, I'd love to make PNE champions but I am not sure I will be able to make that happen in the next few seasons. I don't want to get stuck where I am just constantly fighting relegation or in mid table, I want European football in the next two years, I would love that to be at Preston but like I said not sure it is possible with my finances.

I feel like the IG version of David Moyes!

I'd stick where you are.

I had a very enjoyable Derby save on FM16 and found myself in a similar situation. Started unemployed, and took over when Clement got sacked with the club languishing in 21st in November. Still managed to go up through the playoffs first season, and finished 16th first year in the Prem. Before the start of the next season I got offered jobs at Southampton and West Ham, but decided to stick with what I had at Derby.

Managed to grab a few star players that were transfer listed (although also lost a few to release clauses - it was the only way I could get them to sign), but with a solid enough tactic, managed to consolidate to an 11th placed finish, before finishing 4th the following year. Within 2 years of my first top 4 finish, we were champions.

One of the most enjoyable saves I've ever had.

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

I'd stick where you are.

I had a very enjoyable Derby save on FM16 and found myself in a similar situation. Started unemployed, and took over when Clement got sacked with the club languishing in 21st in November. Still managed to go up through the playoffs first season, and finished 16th first year in the Prem. Before the start of the next season I got offered jobs at Southampton and West Ham, but decided to stick with what I had at Derby.

Managed to grab a few star players that were transfer listed (although also lost a few to release clauses - it was the only way I could get them to sign), but with a solid enough tactic, managed to consolidate to an 11th placed finish, before finishing 4th the following year. Within 2 years of my first top 4 finish, we were champions.

One of the most enjoyable saves I've ever had.

Yeah I reckon I might now, main thing worrying me is last year I had a save with Sheffield United where I took them to the CL but then dropped out to the UEL and signed for Barca, save was never the same. Although in my most recent game I just drew 3-3 in the 91st minute after being 3-0 up after 20 minutes in the derby against Burnley, game just sending me mixed signals!

3 minutes ago, Lucas_26_7 said:

Yeah I reckon I might now, main thing worrying me is last year I had a save with Sheffield United where I took them to the CL but then dropped out to the UEL and signed for Barca, save was never the same. Although in my most recent game I just drew 3-3 in the 91st minute after being 3-0 up after 20 minutes in the derby against Burnley, game just sending me mixed signals!

Ouch. Just need to gather a bit of momentum.

And always keep an eye on the Transfer List. Some good players end up on there. I managed to get Kieran Gibbs and Kyle Walker as my full backs for a pittance, and Yannick Ferreira Carrasco for something like 11m.

55 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Ouch. Just need to gather a bit of momentum.

And always keep an eye on the Transfer List. Some good players end up on there. I managed to get Kieran Gibbs and Kyle Walker as my full backs for a pittance, and Yannick Ferreira Carrasco for something like 11m.

Yeah thats how I got Lucas, 16m which was a still. Looking at Danny Rose for 8m right now.

Archived