Clubs actually going bankrupt.

MathiOi

One of the few things I find incredibly unrealistic in FM is that clubs never go bankrupt. Whether it's the board not caring about the club or the board giving to much faith in the manager allowing him to overspend both in transfers and wages. Surely there should be some punishment for going into massive debts? Most of the time the board fixes it by giving the club x millions and the team ends up with a 3 point deduction. This is not enough. I want suffering. Not every club has an emirati sheikh who owns football clubs as a hobby. Some owner are businessmen whose business are on the brink on bankruptcy not able to spit millions into the transfer budget every season. The game would be more entertaining and realistic if finances didn't just repenish itself whenever in trouble. Helping teams who are struggling with the finances like Leyton Orient, the owner not paying the wages, you have to rely on good results and really really restricted budgets. Having to sell players to prevent the club going into bankruptcy. And when the inevitable happens the club loses it's place in the league. Having to restart as a phoenix club in a much lower tier. Now this is where things could get even more interesting. Let's say you were the manager of Mansfield. Bringing them up to League 1 where you got a job offer from a optimistic Wolverhampton. You do well with Wolverhampton and when you've won the Champions League for the fourth time you see a struggling Mansfield, who have been declared bankrupt. After a few months you see a notification that a certain Mansfield Rovers wants you as a manager and owner (this also makes your wage useful), and they tell you that they have agreed to sign with some former icons and they want your help to bring them up from the 11th tier.

Sorry if it's poorly written, I've been drinking today and I'm tired.

Would be get but you would need from below the National League North and South Mid-Sussex Football League Division Nine unlocked with out depending on 3rd party addons.

I know from playing in the Irish Premiership on the 11th  there is always some sort of bail out especially when a team goes into administration  

16 hours ago, TimmsSports said:

I don't believe SI are allowed to allow a club to completely go into liquidation or fold.

I think you may be right on this.

However, clubs do go into administration. The problem as I see with things the way they stand, is that this tends to be resolved pretty quickly and clubs never end up in freefall, tumbling down the leagues as a result of not being able to resolve their issues.

Clubs can go into freefall if they go into Admin, in last years version Bolton in my game were in all sorts of trouble and ended up getting relegated into the Conference North by 2020 and have spent the last 10 years struggling at the bottom of that league and have spent the last couple of years getting relegated out of that league, before coming back up and going straight back down.

Yea, i agree on the OP

i mean its probably not worth the dev effort but i hate getting the message about a club going into admin and on the brink of closure because i know they will never close. it just gets annoying after a while.

it would be nice if sometimes they would actually fold and you get a message "Bolton Athletic have folded!" "The fans have started up a new club that is inheriting its history, it will be known as Forever Bolton AFC and will begin play in the Isthmanian Premier League" etc.

5 hours ago, footstar said:

it would be nice if sometimes they would actually fold and you get a message "Bolton Athletic have folded!" "The fans have started up a new club that is inheriting its history, it will be known as Forever Bolton AFC and will begin play in the Isthmanian Premier League" etc.

I don't want to come across as pedantic, but who exactly are Bolton Athletic? Are they any relation to Bolton Wanderers? Also, I don't think a Bolton phoenix club would be entered into the Isthmian League, which is for clubs in London and eastern England.

I'm okay with clubs having serious financial problems and going into administration, but I don't think they should go into liquidation. For one thing, it'd be a potential nightmare for SI's legal team.

Imagine the backlash if, for example, a user came on here with a screenshot saying something like, "Celtic have gone into liquidation and have been expelled from the Scottish Premiership." You don't see players (real-life or otherwise) dying in FM for similar reasons.

• 5 months later...

Archived