My squad is going to be a mess next year

In my save I'm in the first season with Reading, I have somewhat overachieved having took over with them in 13th (They wanted a top half finish)

I finished 6th, I'm playing the playoffs later. If I don't win the playoffs, I'm going to lose all of my best players as they're here on loan. Grabban, Oxford, Mutch etc. I highly doubt that the owners will give me the sufficient budget to get them in on permanent deals. 

Any tips for how to go forward with this?

Replace them with other loanees. There is normally enough quality youngsters available.

That being said, you may be able to just extend their loans. I'm on my third season of having Patrick Roberts on loan.

14 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Replace them with other loanees. There is normally enough quality youngsters available.

That being said, you may be able to just extend their loans. I'm on my third season of having Patrick Roberts on loan.

In my Doncaster save I had Jake Cooper on loan for about 4 seasons before buying him 😂

I assume Oxford, Mutch and Grabban are much better in FM than in real life if you're worried about losing them. 🙄

7 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Is there a way to extend the loan before the season ends? I'm Celtic at the moment and would be good to extend him

On 7/14/2017 at 13:55, Blah_1123 said:

In my Doncaster save I had Jake Cooper on loan for about 4 seasons before buying him 😂

I assume Oxford, Mutch and Grabban are much better in FM than in real life if you're worried about losing them. 🙄

Ah okay, thanks guys. 

Unfortunately I lost in the final. Grabban was instantly snapped up by Brighton on a permanent deal (BY THE WAY, TWO DAYS BEFORE THE PLAYOFF FINAL, BOURNEMOUTH RECALLED GRABBAN?? I was doomed from then on.)

Managed to get some good deals though so far I think. Tammy Abraham in on loan to replace Grabban, also had to sell McCleary and Gunter so i need replacements for them now :\

Damn this game is an uphill battle but I love it.

Archived