[FM17] How Andorra somehow became the Catalan football capital.

MarcxD

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

September 2028

jjlTPcD.png

Not another unbeaten season then. Overall a good month, 2 wins in the CL and strong wins in the league but the points lost against Real Madrid could be very dangerous.

sO2HBlr.png

With a game in hand (against Barca) already 6 points behind!

14 hours ago, john1 said:

Decent start barring Real Madrid loss :thup: 

Thanks!

14 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Got to love dynamic rivalries :D

Definitely, one of those little things that just make the game so much better and more fun to play saves long-term.

7 hours ago, Reggiana said:

I'm really looking forwards to you buying Gauld to replace Conti in a couple of years :lol:

Hahaha it might happen....

October 2028

ToJXXFX.png

Good month with strong wins and no goals conceded, we kept Atlético to a draw which I'm happy with.

hs6p0NB.png

Atlético still unbeaten, Real Madrid were beaten by Barca, who themselves lost against Deportivo.

November 2028

yaEaDHW.png

Another good month, the games weren't that hard to be fair and points dropped against Espanyol are not ideal.

Aq1hXgV.png

Our rivals dropped some points, there were some matches between them. Real Madrid still has the advantage over us though.

December 2028

Rp6fqpp.png

Perfect month, results-wise, and we won the CWC! That meant we only played two La Liga games though. Also through to the 5th round of the cup where we'll play Atlético and to the first KO round of the CL where we'll play Fenerbahçe.

pJ6u8Ln.png

This means we now have a 4 game deficit on Real Madrid, who are exactly 12 points ahead of us. 

January 2029

xYnRQ5t.png

Out of the cup but three wins in the league. 

GLlxY3O.png

Somehow now 5 games played less than the rest. Real Madrid lost some points, Atlético now in first, 12 points ahead.

m3JuBT3.png

I used some of the money I made in the summer transfer window to get in a new striker. Simms is not good enough anymore to be #1, his performances have been lacking anyway. Hopefully this guy can be strong for as long as this save will continue

dlbtLUO.png

His passing could be better but elsewhere he looks very strong allround, more of a pure complete forward (which is the role I have been using this season).

February 2029

FtXgE5h.png

Disappointed to lose against Barca and to draw against Cadiz but elsewhere the results were good, especially the win against Atlético.

CpzF1YE.png

Played 4 games less than Atlético, 9 points behind, 3 games less than Real Madrid, 7 points behind. This will be another tense finish to the season...

ka9bayW.png

I've reached another milestone. There have also been rumours of a new club take-over.

Edited by MarcxD

March 2029

9V5s5pq.png

Perfect, no goals conceded. Through to the quarter-finals in the CL, up next: Manchester City.

CxSAzPE.png

I've just realized that the games in hand are against Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla and Levante. Not so easy then. Atlético might be the favorite for the title again.

ULdkhtZ.png

Another relatively poor intake, the best prospect from a South African youth link. Signed a few of them but I'm not expecting anything. 

April 2029

mSl1The.png

Another amazing month, with only 1 goal conceded! Through to the semi-final of the CL where we'll face Liverpool. The same opponents each year in different order it seems! 

Zb1chpy.png

AFter the great run in March and April we seem very secure all of a sudden for the title, the only problem is the amount of games we still have to play... right now the schedule looks ridiculous:

1CdWlQz.png

(1st of may also the home game against Liverpool, cut the screenshot too low)

Not the easiest of opponents.. a lot of home games though. It might very well be possible because of the buffer we've built up but it's going to be interesting...

VVjQUv6.png

Winning everything was always going to be too much of an ask, lost a hard game against our rivals Barca, but did go through to the CL final, where we'll play Arsenal!

EYW4waA.png

On Thursday we will play Real Madrid at home, sunday all the teams will play their last games at the same time. We can't afford to lose to Real Madrid really, since results between the teams is the first factor that determines league placement (we've already lost in the Bernabeu) - if we win though, we are champions.

Edited by MarcxD

yLiIk3i.png

u34RUqX.png

Not a bad result at all, since we kept Real Madrid at bay and we have the advantage to win the championship! We play at home against Villarreal, who are 20th and already relegated. We should do this.

11 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Amazing career.

11 hours ago, john1 said:

yessss :cool: 

2 hours ago, Toffle said:

:thup:

Thank you all, changed the title ;) 

3 hours ago, the edge said:

Great thread, even for a Barca fan :) What ever happened to going back to the Andorran national team? Also, is it possible to win La Liga and CL using only (Andorran) youth products?

I might resign as club manager and take over the national team for a bit,  it would be interesting to see how quickly the club regresses after I resign. If at all.

That second thing would be a huge undertaking, not what I had in mind for this particular save, with FM18 around the corner now I won't be trying it. Honestly I'm not sure I could do it. I've not done a youth only save in a while, will do at least one in FM18 though. 

Would you be able to give us a little insight into how you scout?  Is it via the scouts, and if so how do you set their assignments, or is it via manual searches, checking youth leagues and such?   I had a very very successful network save once and but it was down to a massive amount of time spent scouting.

18 hours ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Brilliant work to do what you have in probably the hardest top flight to win :applause::applause:

15 hours ago, mrdanbartlett said:

Excellent thread, just read it start to finish.  You remind me of the way I sign players :)

Amazing job!

14 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Amazing work.

Thank you all!!

2 hours ago, mrdanbartlett said:

Would you be able to give us a little insight into how you scout?  Is it via the scouts, and if so how do you set their assignments, or is it via manual searches, checking youth leagues and such?   I had a very very successful network save once and but it was down to a massive amount of time spent scouting.

It depends on when in the game, in the beginning I did a lot of manual searches and I even let my DoF get in players (although I had the final say) because we barely had any scouts and were growing rapidly. I did try and get more and more scouts as early as possible. 

When we were able to scout outside of Spain and Andorra I gave them regional assignments, a few leagues, but mostly regional assignments. The scouts need pretty good adaptability for this. For the last couple of seasons I had them scouting all regions except for some in Asia and Oceania. I do not set up any parameters for the assignments, but I check on them pretty regularly and add any interesting players to my shortlist, which usually has around 100 - 300 players. They are rescouted pretty much every transfer window so I can see if any of them are available for cheap, their contracts are ending or if they are not as interesting anymore. 

You might notice I've done a lot of free transfers, I'm always doing manual searches on players whose contracts are ending and trying to be among the first clubs to offer them a deal. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to bump such an old thread, I doubt you can even remember and I can't see it this awesome post, but what database did you use to get the 4th division of Spain active?