Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
9 minutes ago, Viking said:

Sooo... Why can I no longer see if a club have debts before I take over it? In FM 17, you could see the club value and if there was any debts under the Overview -> General tab. That is now removed. Or has it just been moved to somewhere else and I am an idiot?   

Club value has been removed. The Financial Status (eg. "Okay") will give you an indication as to how the club is performing financially.

how could possibliy a defensive shape like the one on the left go through the season and finish without a single loss in all competiotions?

city2.thumb.png.f0e6d6697efffc0dece1dc16b6588047.pngcity1.thumb.png.95175664b3f085b15064183818d83740.png

and how is the defensive shape on the left side covering space better than the one on the right?

schedule.thumb.png.7d714dd91ade83934fac6efe7a8727ca.png

what is wrong with this game?

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

city2.thumb.png.f0e6d6697efffc0dece1dc16b6588047.pngcity1.thumb.png.95175664b3f085b15064183818d83740.png

and how is the defensive shape on the left side covering space better than the one on the right?

Too very briefly answer this part, there is no midfielder with a defensive duty nor is there a player in the DM strata in the right-hand example. As such the space behind the midfield and in front of the defence is highlighted as a weakness due to its lack of cover.

2 hours ago, McClane29 said:

This is what I feel too.

Can we raise this in the bugs forum if it is not technically a bug?

It's best to raise anything you are unhappy about in the bugs forum (well apart from the known issues listed in the other thread) as its better for something to be dismissed as not a bug than a bug be missed.

• SI Staff
26 minutes ago, Ultimoroger said:

Quick question. Has the option to ask for a quick scout report card (i.e. receive it the next day) been removed? The minimum time is now 1 week.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing it, thank you.

That is correct minimum is now 1 week. 

Just now, Seb Wassell said:

Too very briefly answer this part, there is no midfielder with a defensive duty nor is there a player in the DM strata on the right-hand example, as such the space behind the midfield and in front of the defence is highlighted as a weakness due to its lack of cover.

My game is always a mistake, it's still in the contract renewal stage and it's always closing, can anyone help me? Thank you

2 hours ago, XaW said:

I'm not sure this is a bug or intended behavior so I'm asking here and will report a bug if it's regarded as such.

I have a player who have a natural position as AM, MR and AMR. My issue is that he have poor ratings for every role as AM, is this the way it should be? Since he has a natural understanding of the position shouldn't at least one of the roles there be natural as well?

5Kuk7T7.png

As far as I am aware it is intentional - the game now ranks all roles instead of just the roles for each position - in that players case the game is saying whilst he can play as an AM his best role is in one of the Wide positions.

6 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Too very briefly answer this part, there is no midfielder with a defensive duty nor is there a player in the DM strata in the right-hand example's midfield. As such the space behind the midfield and in front of the defence is highlighted as a weakness due to its lack of cover.

fair enough, however, one should be able to mitigate this hole in DM stratta by being able to push the defensive line higher, or instructing CB's to close down more aggressively in order to reduce the gap at expense of leaving more space behind the d-line. However, that is beside the point. The real issue is, how the left sided defensive shape has no issues with spaces in central zone and between the AMR and the DR???

city2.thumb.png.e4ee47e24ace0177782435cf3ab2d6b1.pngcity1.thumb.png.22870eb580450797d054a6fbb3a94d55.png

Edited by MBarbaric

Quick question regarding Scouting.

Playing as M'boro and I've upgraded my scouting package to Europe - Upper Tier but when I click on a player from a European club in the player search list I want to scout, it say's "Outside Scouting Scope" and costs x amount to scout. Is this correct?

Does upgrading you scouting package just give you the ability the view these players?

4 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Too very briefly answer this part, there is no midfielder with a defensive duty nor is there a player in the DM strata in the right-hand example. As such the space behind the midfield and in front of the defence is highlighted as a weakness due to its lack of cover.

The one on the left is also the reverse of the primary setup of Manchester United 2006-2009. Hat trick of titles and a European cup 

Just now, Mike.83 said:

I put my picture in as my manager but now on my profile it just shows as a black outline.  Clicking the edit button shows my face up in the creator thing, but not in game?

Is this right?

ZAiZ5G0.png

Regen faces aren't enabled in the Beta

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Mike.83 said:

I put my picture in as my manager but now on my profile it just shows as a black outline.  Clicking the edit button shows my face up in the creator thing, but not in game?

Is this right?

ZAiZ5G0.png

As mentioned in the notes, generated faces have been disabled for the PRB.

21 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

how could possibliy a defensive shape like the one on the left go through the season and finish without a single loss in all competiotions?

Because it is used by one of the best squads in the game, and the wide players and AM on Support Duties will still track back?

11 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

fair enough, however, one should be able to mitigate this hole in DM stratta by being able to push the defensive line higher, or instructing CB's to close down more aggressively in order to reduce the gap at expense of leaving more space behind the d-line. However, that is beside the point. The real issue is, how the left sided defensive shape has no issues with spaces in central zone and between the AMR and the DR???

city2.thumb.png.e4ee47e24ace0177782435cf3ab2d6b1.pngcity1.thumb.png.22870eb580450797d054a6fbb3a94d55.png

If you think it is a bug with the tactical analysis, then upload your save and report it in the forums please :). As without a save, we are unable to give you the best answer, as there are tool tips that are useful here to help you see why you are getting scored in certain areas. 

Cheers,

Nic

42 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I think he probably means if a stadium in real life is filled all the way round, it shouldn't be represented in game as having four separate stands. As I've mentioned before, the team I support in real life who I'm managing just now has a very simple design of two 1-tiered stands down both sides of the pitch and uncovered terracing at either end. I fail to see how licencing can stop you from at least getting the basic layout of a stadium correct without using any 'specific' architecture. 

Totally agree. Haven't played the Beta yet (downloading as I type), but looking at some of the images, I've spotted sash windows on executive boxes, picnic benches near the corner flags and stairways you could drive a bus down. I know this isn't important to many players, but to me it detracts from the realism. On match day I should be watching my team, however my attention is always drawn to badly placed bins, no safety railings on the edges of high stadiums and perhaps the worst: two tiered stands with the seating below and the terrace above. 

Somebody please tell me:

1. Does FM18 have stewards separating home and away fans yet? We've had stewards for a few versions now, how hard can it be to put a line of them in between the different sets. We have flares - why not proper segregation. 

2. When your team is wearing its change strip, do your supporters  still have stupid away coloured flags?  I mean if Liverpool Play Manchester United at Old Trafford - do they take flags that match their way kit?!?!?!?!

1 minute ago, MBarbaric said:

yet the one that won everything in FM18 was the one on the left. go figure. 

That's the one I'm talking about that was so successful in the premier league and Europe for them. With the right players at CM DM and FB, you can cover the space behind the inside forward. Much like United did behind Ronaldo 

11 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

If you hover over the 'squares' you should get a tooltip explaining what the games thinking is - I expect the game doesn't count it as being a weak area because you have Walker, Silva and De Bruyne all covering that side, if you shifted De Bruyne over to the MCL position I'd expect the right side to go a bit red whilst that would fill in the red area next to Sane.

Don't have a screenshot at the minute but I started using the classic strikerless narrow 4330 and despite all 3 of the AMs being played as shadow strikers the square above the left one was red while the other two were green. Is this a known issue?

36 minutes ago, Time_Consumer said:

Could you please not casually post CA/PA in here? It's really annoying. Thanks!

On topic:

It's a beta, it looks and feels like a beta. I'm very good with all additions and multiple new approaches, just hoping that the final product is more polished from a technical point of view.  

Is not casually are totally real. There an editor on fmscout. I post whatever i want about this. Thanks!

Edited by Altair

2 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Think this has been responded to earlier - you need to go via the Head Researcher.

Head researcher says that is not the case but whatever, shouldn't be too long.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, 91427 said:

Don't have a screenshot at the minute but I started using the classic strikerless narrow 4330 and despite all 3 of the AMs being played as shadow strikers the square above the left one was red while the other two were green. Is this a known issue?

We would need a screenshot or even better a save to answer this fully. Please do head over here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/566-match-engine/ - and upload your examples for the fullest answer/investigation.

4 minutes ago, 91427 said:

Is the player on the left less proficient at playing in that role?

5 minutes ago, Altair said:

Is not casually are totally real. There an editor on fmscout. I post whatever i want about this. Thanks!

He's not saying the ca/pa you have posted aren't real, he's saying alot of people don't want to know the ca/pa of players.. It's an hidden stat for a reason, people wouldn't be expecting to see ca/pa posted in clear view in this thread.

Probably better to user a spoiler tag for any ca/pa you post. Also, if you have any problems with player data.. you need to post your issues in the data issues forum, in the correct team threads :thup:

https://community.sigames.com/forum/576-database-and-research/

7 minutes ago, 91427 said:

It was Lionel Messi so I don't think so

If you move Messi to the middle or the right, does the red square move with him?

If so, it's probably just because he isn't as well suited to the role as the other two. How does his shadow striker rating compare to the other two?

Just now, dafuge said:

If you move Messi to the middle or the right, does the red square move with him?

If so, it's probably just because he isn't as well suited to the role as the other two. How does his shadow striker rating compare to the other two?

Looked at it a bit more, the red square stays no matter who plays where. Think it's cause when I was moving about the players to create a new formation the left AM defaulted to an AM(S). It then didn't update when I changed roles. Would file a bug report but have to head out now unfortunately

18 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If you hover over the 'squares' you should get a tooltip explaining what the games thinking is - I expect the game doesn't count it as being a weak area because you have Walker, Silva and De Bruyne all covering that side, if you shifted De Bruyne over to the MCL position I'd expect the right side to go a bit red whilst that would fill in the red area next to Sane.

the problem is that the space in the central zone (roughly 25m x 20) is much bigger than out wide (roughly 25x10). meaning you need more men to cover the centre than the flank. yet, you are good with two men on an diagonal axis? how can that be right. it is completely illogical.

4 hours ago, Chris Jones said:

If you click on the word tactics on the right hand side of the screen above your formation information whilst on the horizontal screen it should take you to the screen you're after.

I've done this, and you're right!

However, the analysis button is greyed out. What's the sense in having this feature if you can't use it during a match? 

Had a little time on the Beta, seems some good improvements but agree with some of the comments on this thread re the fact things seem to take more clicks/be more complex to get to.

One thing I usually do is go through all the national u19 sides looking for cheap youngsters, however it seems VERY slow to do this, each click  takes 5 seconds to take affect when browsing through the sides via the up/down arrow (nation to nation alphabetically), is this the same for anyone else?

Laptop is ok spec, i7, 12gb RAM, SSD, 2 years old.

Overall it just seems a bit slow/clunky, and I'm not a big fan of the fact the players in the scouting section take up more space due to the extra info, but I think I can fiddle with the vie settings to fix that a little.

Will give it some more time to adjust into it, its a good thing that this year feels like they have put some effort into new features. 

The pre-game tactics briefing doesn't seem like it's going to be much use to me.

The reasons I would want to tell the team we're playing a specific tactic today (good team away so we're doing this or crap team at home so we're doing this) isn't there neither are the reasons for playing structured/fluid whatever. None of those options are something I think you'd say to your team tbh. The idea seems like a good one and I see a lot of scope for its use but in its current iteration I can see myself skipping it more often than not. 

2 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

the problem is that the space in the central zone (roughly 25m x 20) is much bigger than out wide (roughly 25x10). meaning you need more men to cover the centre than the flank. yet, you are good with two men on an diagonal axis? how can that be right. it is completely illogical.

It's an approximation and an indication, and probably shouldn't be taken literally. I would read it as 'you have a flat midfield and a flat defence, this may cause issues; make sure you apply roles and duties accordingly to mitigate.'

Likewise, if it's the opposition, it becomes 'potential area to exploit if opposition are taking risks.'

Also, in geometric terms the diagonal is further than the sides, so a diagonal axis, in theory, covers more space. Did Pythagoras teach you nothing, Sir?

Since I mostly play FMTouch, I was going to post in the appropriate feedback thread. But there isn't one. So here it is...

FMT18 looks and plays pretty much flawlessly so far. Weirdly, the over-saturated colours and over-intense lighting of full FM 3D (pretty much my only complaint) doesn't seem to be an issue in FMT.

The interface is pretty much as was (ie, excellent) with only a few things in changed position, which will take a bit of getting used to. The only problem I've seen so far is some stuttering on the calendar screen between events, and some text scrolling on top of interface objects like buttons and coloured headings.

Changes to scouting are somewhat reflected in FMT, but it seems to be much simpler and less confusing than full FM. FMT still has 100% scouting familiarity after a single scouting, which might be a deal-breaker for the hardcore players but doesn't bother me.

Because of the simplified/streamlined nature of FMT, many of the headline features of FM18 are missing. EG, because there are no team talks before, during or after games, you don't get the pre-game tactical meetings. But the main Tactics Creator screen is the same in both versions, so you get the tactical analysis diagram. It's a bit odd that a list of players takes up fully half the screen, but the TC display itself looks fine to me.

I've only played a couple of games in each version so far, so I can't say much about the ME itself. But I have noticed that the gung-ho, shoot-on-sight mentality of FM17 appears to have gone and the number of shots on goal appears to be much more realistic - in my latest game both sides had about 12 shots on goal, six or seven on target, and a final 2-1 scoreline.

First impressions, then, are very positive. If SI can polish up the in-game graphics and the interface animations (and I'm sure they will) the new version will be great.