Scout Assignment Reporting

Apparently you're supposed to go to the scouting page and select a category for that. Now how do I initiate an assignment like look for a DR? :/ ....Man. By the way, if we're going to be inundated with player reports in the scouting section, put them on a damn list rather than report by report. I also can't find a transfer list......

4 hours ago, serif said:

Apparently you're supposed to go to the scouting page and select a category for that. Now how do I initiate an assignment like look for a DR? :/ ....Man. By the way, if we're going to be inundated with player reports in the scouting section, put them on a damn list rather than report by report. I also can't find a transfer list......

I know, right? It seems like it is easy to do.

Some new features feel like a 'let's do this way and next year we do it properly and call it a new feature'. :D

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, serif said:

To create an assignment yourself you need to have the Scouting Responsibility assigned to yourself. 

image.png.aabda82c7ae5b435a31cda24335e10c8.png

From there navigate to the Assignments page and a 'Create New Assignment' option will be present. Select that and there will a create assignment dialog appear where you can set the criteria for a scout assignment. 

image.thumb.png.725205466e372f255ae3d2daeac47e46.png

When you receive a Scouting Meeting in your inbox there will be a link in the bottom right hand in corner titled 'Scouted Players' 

image.thumb.png.b2afb3192019ec7fdc153fa51840693a.png

From there you will be taken a list of players who have been scouted. You will then see a drop down which has two options. All Scouted Players and Players In Scouting Centre. Selecting 'Players In Scouting Centre' will display players in your Scouting Inbox in list format. If the user has selected the 'Overview' view then there will be an 'Actions' option from where the user can choose which action to do on the player such as 'Keep Scouting', 'Discard' etc. 

image.thumb.png.b115d0dc84cf9044adeb6b0048e41372.png

Cheers,

Ben

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Really hating this myself. How do I ask my scout to "scout next opposition"?

Make sure you have the Scouting Responsibility to yourself. Navigate to the Assignments page and select 'Create New Assignment'. On the Create Assignment pop up there is a 'Team' tab from here you will have the option to select 'Ongoing reports on next opposition'. 

team.JPG

1 hour ago, Ben Kenney said:

Make sure you have the Scouting Responsibility to yourself. Navigate to the Assignments page and select 'Create New Assignment'. On the Create Assignment pop up there is a 'Team' tab from here you will have the option to select 'Ongoing reports on next opposition'. 

team.JPG

Thanks, that took quite some digging out but I got there in the end.

You have to admit though, it could be a little more intuitive, no?

I think from the promotional video there was something mentioned about assignment urgency. So for instance, I need to find an RB quickly and making the assignment urgent should give quicker results. When I set assignments I didn't see that option.

Is there a sort for new players in the scouting center? If you're using the list would you be missing information from the text on the default page you also receive in your main inbox? Does that information matter?

I feel like all of this could've been designed better but it's workable.

• SI Staff
43 minutes ago, serif said:

I think from the promotional video there was something mentioned about assignment urgency. So for instance, I need to find an RB quickly and making the assignment urgent should give quicker results. When I set assignments I didn't see that option.

What you have described is the Short Term Focus which will only be available to the user when they do not have the Scouting Responsibility. 

This can be found on the Scouting Centre or Assignments tab. 

St1.JPG

• SI Staff
45 minutes ago, serif said:

Is there a sort for new players in the scouting center? If you're using the list would you be missing information from the text on the default page you also receive in your main inbox? Does that information matter?

There isn't a sort option for new players. You can filter by the different types of reports, also sort by date which will sort the reports from the oldest first. 

If you are using the list then information on the player is still available on the list. Further information can be found on scouted players on the list by selecting the recommendation score, which will take the user to the full scout report. 

Cheers,

Ben

I really think a simple notification when requested reports are ready should really be in the game and for my life can't see why this would not be realistic. This simple and logical option would make so much sense, even within new scouting system.

Other than that, I just noticed this 'Keep scouting reports up to date' box on shortlist screen, what exactly will it do if ticked (and how much would it cost me, scouting expenditures are off the charts!) ?

5a076f1ae1312_RiverAtlticoClube(PI)_Shortlist.thumb.png.541afeeb4eb3b57b3d924c870466d53e.png

38 minutes ago, Ben Kenney said:

What you have described is the Short Term Focus which will only be available to the user when they do not have the Scouting Responsibility. 

This can be found on the Scouting Centre or Assignments tab. 

How come this isn't this available when in control of scouting? Would be really useful to ask them to focus and recommend players for a certain position.

10 hours ago, kandersson said:

I really think a simple notification when requested reports are ready should really be in the game and for my life can't see why this would not be realistic. This simple and logical option would make so much sense, even within new scouting system.

Other than that, I just noticed this 'Keep scouting reports up to date' box on shortlist screen, what exactly will it do if ticked (and how much would it cost me, scouting expenditures are off the charts!) ?

5a076f1ae1312_RiverAtlticoClube(PI)_Shortlist.thumb.png.541afeeb4eb3b57b3d924c870466d53e.png

I'd like to know this as well. Also, which scout keeps them up to date? Do I need a free scout (one not on assignment) for this to work?

4 hours ago, frank_olaf said:

I'd like to know this as well. Also, which scout keeps them up to date? Do I need a free scout (one not on assignment) for this to work?

If this works like I think it does then it could be very useful for the way I scout players (i.e. regularly scouting every player in my shortlist without asking for individual reports). Now this would be a nice option to have. My only concern is potential cost of this as I'm managing a third division club in Brazil and have no money, and it seems to me scouting (trips or even individual reports) is expensive AF! So if someone could clarify this for me I'd appreciate it.

Btw I doubt that real life clubs have this kind of expenditures for every single assignment/trip/report as I'm pretty sure for example they don't have to send a scout to foreign countries each time (clubs might employ scouts already based in foreign countries, or rely on their connections with agents or brokers/mediators; plus I'd hope FM 'packages' could  already include most expenditures).

How long should it take to get scout reports when I have asked a scout to watch players for 1 match?

The trial match took place at 10am on Friday 14th, it's now 3pm on Saturday 15th. I have not received any feedback cards in the scouting centre. The scout still has the 7 players under 'assignments > players' with progress remaining "-".

However, if I click on the players, their overview screen contains a scout summary and if I click on that or go to 'reports > scout report' there is some scouted information available (albeit limited as they are all only 3-5% scouted). If I click on the magnifying glass in the recommendation box of the scout report it brings up a second screen of scouted information where one of the segments "scout report" says "This player is being scouted by X and the report will be available shortly." The players also appear on the 'players > scouted players' list with magnifying glasses and actions options available.

All very confusing and not sure if this is a bug!

Cheers,

TE

Archived