Editor requests - Custom league files - ask here

SixPointer

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bruntonpasty said:

Am trying to find the Lichtenstein League to download, it's the only Country of the 55 UEFA ranked not available - is that to with them playing in the Swiss Challenge League?

Most likely, yeah. There isn't a Liechtenstein league, so unless somebody wants to make a fantasy one. Plus due to their unique situation they're hardcoded to only have a single Conference League spot for the cup winner, so if you made a league for them you wouldn't qualify for European competitions by winning it (unless you finish in the top 2 coefficients for the year to get an extra UCL place I guess).

@Caokrodilo You also have to organise the calendar well because there are a lot of matches. I do something like that, so what I've done is to rework the domestic divisions so that we have a maximum of 30 matches. That leaves a bit of leeway for the secondary leagues. In total, the ideal would be to have around forty matches. Then there are the national and continental cups. You could quickly end up with more than 60 matches.
As @themodelcitizen said, there's also the whole Pro/Real system that needs to be set up individually for the secondary leagues. It requires patience, but it's a good challenge!

Study the structure of the Brazilian SI championship - it's very interesting. You can also copy and paste the championships that interest you.
Personally, I use different files for each championship and when they work I import them into my main file. That avoids error messages. Basically step by step.

Just now, whatsupdoc said:

Anyone having an issue with changing a club's name?

Changed in editor but not appearing in game. Rest of the changes go through.

I have noticed before but sometime you need to save the game and reload to get some name changes to go through, not sure why, possibly a name fix could cause it

1 hour ago, Vakama2619 said:

I have noticed before but sometime you need to save the game and reload to get some name changes to go through, not sure why, possibly a name fix could cause it

ah yes. I have the real name fix installed it's probably that...

On 17/11/2023 at 03:24, GoodScrimshaw said:

Is there anyone who is reactivating/adding the Italian lower leagues? I'm only looking for Serie D, and have no idea where to start with the editor for that.

Dying to get my San Marino Challenge underway!

I tried searching, but I couldn't find anything. Apologies if I missed it!

Check the top two posts on this very page

Since I have Zero skills with the Advance Editor, I have to ask if someone would be so nice and create a retro 98/99 Version of the UEFA club completions.

UEFA Champions League: The Format should be like 98/99 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998–99_UEFA_Champions_League - but with the UEFA Cup winner also qualified and if possible the CWC also qualified

UEFA Cup: Format -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998–99_UEFA_Cup#First_round - but with the UEFA Conference Winner starting in the First Round.

UEFA Club Cup Winners: Format -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998–99_UEFA_Cup_Winners'_Cup

UEFA Conference League: Same format as the Champions League. And more for the Smaller Nations.

UEFA Super Cup: The 4 European Cup Winners play a KO tournament.

Thanks in advance ^^

Gibraltar minimum home-grown anyway on the editor i can change this from 4 to 3 like it is in the Gibraltar rule book, iv tried to go into advanced settings on the editor and i cant figure out where i can change it. thanks for any help you can give

Are there already any legend (I believe THAT amazing legends database was in FM20 iirc) or retro databases out for FM24 already that allow us to turn back time and play with players around back then?

Or any databases with an entirely fictional/random player base so we know absolutely no one?

I'd love to play either of these!

6 hours ago, MRC said:

Are there already any legend (I believe THAT amazing legends database was in FM20 iirc) or retro databases out for FM24 already that allow us to turn back time and play with players around back then?

Or any databases with an entirely fictional/random player base so we know absolutely no one?

I'd love to play either of these!

Isn't there a way to load all fake players at game start?

I've been looking to Denmark and Iceland, and I've noticed both using the 12 team system with a split. 22 games, then a split making it a total of 32 games. I really like this system, and I wanted to bring it to Norway, figuring it could make the top flight even more competitive as well with fewer teams in it. But I also wanna copy Denmark by adding it to the 2nd tier. When I opened the Editor and started looking at it, I was like "this is too much". I have no idea where to even begin. Currently running a Norway DB with 14 top flight teams, and enjoying that, but it's not quite what I wanted.

Since Eliteserien would go from 16 to 12 teams, and OBOSligaen 16 teams to 12 teams, it means in total 12 teams will be relegated (6 from Eliteserien and 6 from OBOS). Because I kept promotion from 2nd and 3rd tier (16-6=10, + 2=12). 

Basing it off the 2022 season as Norway start in 2023, this is how the two top divisions would look like.

image.png.6d51d2a568db3984d02009079aaf5474.png

10 teams are missing and would need to be put into 3rd tier, but I think this would also be a good time to get rid of the 2nd teams, something we're already discussing in Norway as they create somewhat an unfair balance from 3rd tier and below. 

Anyways, the teams that would need to be put into the 3rd tier are: Sogndal, Ranheim, Mjøndalen, Fredrikstad, Bryne, Raufoss, Åsane, Skeid, Grorud and Stjørdals Blink. Reminder that this is based of the 2022 table, not 2023.

If anyone think this would be a doable project Id happily help where I can, but when it comes to the advanced nation rules I'm just clueless, but I can give some inside knownledge to Norwegian football how the 3rd tier should look like etc.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb themodelcitizen:

Isn't there a way to load all fake players at game start?

Yes, but to my knowledge that's only fake names for the most part. So you'll still be able to figure out who that pretty decent portuguese player at Al-Nassr is. But I'm thinking proper fake players. No Messi with a fake name and maybe a slightly different age.
No real life wonderkids hidden behind another name where I can still figure out who they are if I try.

So unless this has been changed to create proper fake players in FM24 it's not quite what I'm looking for, unfortunately.

18 hours ago, MRC said:

Yes, but to my knowledge that's only fake names for the most part. So you'll still be able to figure out who that pretty decent portuguese player at Al-Nassr is. But I'm thinking proper fake players. No Messi with a fake name and maybe a slightly different age.
No real life wonderkids hidden behind another name where I can still figure out who they are if I try.

So unless this has been changed to create proper fake players in FM24 it's not quite what I'm looking for, unfortunately.

You could probably do it by mass deleting players in the database then ticking the Add Players To Playable Teams option when starting a game. That would force the game to generate a whole set of new players since there are no existing players to use. Probably don't even need to delete all players, you could just delete the high rep ones or something and then also use the Use Fake Players And Staff option. You may not notice some players are just renamed versions of existing players if you don't know the existing player.

The only caveat is that I believe the game has a 130PA cap on players generated at game start. So all the big teams would be relying on pretty mediocre players for awhile and the clubs with good youth academies would have a massive advantage when the first newgens start coming through.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb rusty217:

You could probably do it by mass deleting players in the database then ticking the Add Players To Playable Teams option when starting a game. That would force the game to generate a whole set of new players since there are no existing players to use. Probably don't even need to delete all players, you could just delete the high rep ones or something and then also use the Use Fake Players And Staff option. You may not notice some players are just renamed versions of existing players if you don't know the existing player.

The only caveat is that I believe the game has a 130PA cap on players generated at game start. So all the big teams would be relying on pretty mediocre players for awhile and the clubs with good youth academies would have a massive advantage when the first newgens start coming through.

Yes, that's the main issue here unfortunately! What you say is precisely right, but the best players in the world being between 120 and 130 PA doesn't quite feel great. So I was wondering if anyone went through the trouble of creating a database with entirely fictional players that aren't just existing ones slightly reworked. But I guess it's a big hassle to go through all of this when technically you could just sim 20 years into the future and play with newgens only.

Would it be possible for anyone to make an Adriatic league, which would be a throw-back to the old Yugoslav First League?

The ABA league exists in basketball, and it would be fantastic to create something similar in FM with teams from Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina ,Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Kosovo. 

Il 20/11/2023 in 10:31 , themodelcitizen ha scritto:

Ahh gotcha, probably just needs a bit of time for Fusion or someone like that to get one going. Guessing they're having trouble with regional divisions and the weird editor issues

I've been following them through their facebook group and from what i understand they are indeed having issues with the editor, they were able to release some other leagues like San Marino, Macedonia, Georgia etc but they still can't wrap their heads around the Serie D and lower italian leagues to the point they are kind in a limbo on what to do. They say the editor is not working as intended but they did not elaborate further. Which issues would make it so hard to create it as they always did? I'm curious because i don't know how to create a league and i'm sure it's not a walk in the park especially if there's bugs and issues with the tools to make them

Regional divisions are messed up this year, from what I understand leagues and cups aren't consistently pulling the right teams. My US file might be immune so far because there's no pro/rel so no reshuffling of teams every year.

Their San Marino file usually lacks some key details like the non-EU rule and teams playing at a different "home" stadium every week, I might knock one up eventually

The non EU rule is an odd omission to have. The stadiums though, I didn't know that was possible to do.

If you know what to do to achieve that could you point me in the right direction? There's just that and sorting out the correct cup format for my realisim file to be complete.

Non-EU has been glitched for a while, AFAIK it will count Sammarinese as non-EU to itself even if it's set as EU to itself, or included in the agreement. If that's still the case in FM24 (test first), then it's an elaborate workaround. Long story short you have to add a new nationality, "Sammarinese (jure soli)" or something using an extinct nation like Ireland (pre-1922). This won't actually call up players or affect anything if you don't give it a continent. Give this second nationality to every Sammarinese person as a second nationality (it won't actually be visible if you go to the real San Marino and check "does not allow dual nationality" which is accurate IRL). Also take an unused region (I think there's an unused Austrian one in there with [ext] in its name), change its name (San Marino is fine), and set this region to the new nation (that you've created). Take every Sammarinese city and put them in the new region (don't think they have one by default).

Check my thread (and file) from FM23 for the process as it unfolded. Only fully realistic Sammarinese DB as it was the only one to do that stuff out of the dozens out there (ever, AFAIK)

Have they added the Academy U23s into the league this year? That was hard to get working too.

For the different home ground every week like IRL you'll need to do this:

Spoiler

em7V5zf.thumb.png.a5c33292ca859aec65b6e864a5a1e0d3.pngstadrules.thumb.png.102f97366b927e09c2714c018f33a1da.png

Top screenshot, every team gets an entry for every stadium. I went with 2 games per stadium because there were 15 home games I think, so 7 stadia with 2 games each then it would default to their actual home ground for the extra game which is fine. In the second screenshot, stadium at the top is stadium 0, next one is stadium 1, all the way to stadium 6

Edited by themodelcitizen

1 ora fa, themodelcitizen ha scritto:

Regional divisions are messed up this year, from what I understand leagues and cups aren't consistently pulling the right teams. My US file might be immune so far because there's no pro/rel so no reshuffling of teams every year.

Their San Marino file usually lacks some key details like the non-EU rule and teams playing at a different "home" stadium every week, I might knock one up eventually

oh gotcha, that's a hell of an issue for lower leagues like the italian ones then. What a pity i was hoping to start a save with a serie D side

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Non-EU has been glitched for a while, AFAIK it will count Sammarinese as non-EU to itself even if it's set as EU to itself, or included in the agreement. If that's still the case in FM24 (test first), then it's an elaborate workaround. Long story short you have to add a new nationality, "Sammarinese (jure soli)" or something using an extinct nation like Ireland (pre-1922). This won't actually call up players or affect anything if you don't give it a continent. Give this second nationality to every Sammarinese person as a second nationality (it won't actually be visible if you go to the real San Marino and check "does not allow dual nationality" which is accurate IRL). Also take an unused region (I think there's an unused Austrian one in there with [ext] in its name), change its name (San Marino is fine), and set this region to the new nation (that you've created). Take every Sammarinese city and put them in the new region (don't think they have one by default).

Check my thread (and file) from FM23 for the process as it unfolded. Only fully realistic Sammarinese DB as it was the only one to do that stuff out of the dozens out there (ever, AFAIK)

Have they added the Academy U23s into the league this year? That was hard to get working too.

For the different home ground every week like IRL you'll need to do this:

Reveal hidden contents

em7V5zf.thumb.png.a5c33292ca859aec65b6e864a5a1e0d3.pngstadrules.thumb.png.102f97366b927e09c2714c018f33a1da.png

Top screenshot, every team gets an entry for every stadium. I went with 2 games per stadium because there were 15 home games I think, so 7 stadia with 2 games each then it would default to their actual home ground for the extra game which is fine. In the second screenshot, stadium at the top is stadium 0, next one is stadium 1, all the way to stadium 6

They have added them (It's an U22 team, not sure if that's different to real life). They have U20 and U18 teams that play in the Italian youth leagues. I've tried to add in an ability for the other teams to add youth sides to these leagues as and when, but the U20's all get created for the first season and added to the league, whilst the U18's never seem to get created at all.

Does the random grounds thing prevent them from building new stadiums? I'm trying to make a version where the clubs will scale with success, so having a 350 capacity stadium for a league where the teams make the CL group stages regularly would be a bit off.

I'll have a look at your file, hopefully might contain some solutions for me.

20 minutes ago, Diluted Dante said:

They have added them (It's an U22 team, not sure if that's different to real life). They have U20 and U18 teams that play in the Italian youth leagues. I've tried to add in an ability for the other teams to add youth sides to these leagues as and when, but the U20's all get created for the first season and added to the league, whilst the U18's never seem to get created at all.

Does the random grounds thing prevent them from building new stadiums? I'm trying to make a version where the clubs will scale with success, so having a 350 capacity stadium for a league where the teams make the CL group stages regularly would be a bit off.

I'll have a look at your file, hopefully might contain some solutions for me.

That's great, I added them last year but it had to be an external club or the age order looked weird as hell. They have the same coach as the national U21 manager, ideally we could somehow link those jobs.

For adding youth teams, there might be boxes in various places in the San Marino nation rules as well as each club to try and prevent them forming U18s. The other stuff probably depends on the Italian nation rules.

And the random grounds thing shouldn't factor into stadium planning. Come to think of it, if you took out that list of stadia then Stadium 0 would just be the biggest (and Stadium 6 the seventh biggest), so as teams build new grounds, they would take their place in the list. But yes, my specifying a stadium there will mean they play 2 games there every time those rules are used.

One thing I'd love to implement is Champions League money being split 15 ways amongst all clubs like IRL. Don't think they ever added that option.

And the non-EU rule is an absolute pain, hence why no one else has done it, but that's the difference you get with TMC files ;)

But yeah feel free to message me, I had a lot of fun on that file so as you can tell I don't mind sharing details

Edited by themodelcitizen

On 02/12/2023 at 02:20, themodelcitizen said:

That's great, I added them last year but it had to be an external club or the age order looked weird as hell. They have the same coach as the national U21 manager, ideally we could somehow link those jobs.

For adding youth teams, there might be boxes in various places in the San Marino nation rules as well as each club to try and prevent them forming U18s. The other stuff probably depends on the Italian nation rules.

And the random grounds thing shouldn't factor into stadium planning. Come to think of it, if you took out that list of stadia then Stadium 0 would just be the biggest (and Stadium 6 the seventh biggest), so as teams build new grounds, they would take their place in the list. But yes, my specifying a stadium there will mean they play 2 games there every time those rules are used.

One thing I'd love to implement is Champions League money being split 15 ways amongst all clubs like IRL. Don't think they ever added that option.

And the non-EU rule is an absolute pain, hence why no one else has done it, but that's the difference you get with TMC files ;)

But yeah feel free to message me, I had a lot of fun on that file so as you can tell I don't mind sharing details

Couldn't you change the rule to be non-foreigner and then put the EU nations as (doesn't include as foriegner)? 

And yes the rule is a pain in hell. Is messing with the overseas territories of France not being able to field any players in the French Cup, even with all their players having French 2nd nationallity

3 hours ago, valdeOLENCOOL said:

Couldn't you change the rule to be non-foreigner and then put the EU nations as (doesn't include as foriegner)? 

And yes the rule is a pain in hell. Is messing with the overseas territories of France not being able to field any players in the French Cup, even with all their players having French 2nd nationallity

No, because the San Marino league also has a rule that you have to start the game with 1 player of that nationality, which needs to be done using the "maximum number of foreign players in starting 11" option. It should work on a league that doesn't have another rule about foreign players (Homegrown is a separate thing for example.) If it's a file you're sharing, you'd just need to make clear that in game when it says foreign in the registration, this actually means EU.

3 hours ago, Diluted Dante said:

No, because the San Marino league also has a rule that you have to start the game with 1 player of that nationality, which needs to be done using the "maximum number of foreign players in starting 11" option. It should work on a league that doesn't have another rule about foreign players (Homegrown is a separate thing for example.) If it's a file you're sharing, you'd just need to make clear that in game when it says foreign in the registration, this actually means EU.

Yea, it's a third category (not Sammarinese, not otherwise foreign) so I don't think non-foreign would work but maybe my brain just isn't working

I have a weird problem. When I try to verify the rules, there are no problems. Then I rund a test league.. Then it comes up with this error. and I did just delete two teams from that league, because there was two too many. It's like teams dissappear from leagues when league is started?? image.png.4a85e05feebf799ebc9b99f212164e6c.png

Hi

Is anyone able to help with a Custom DB for Hillingdon Borough, At Step 6 in the combined counties. There was a great custom DB for another local team a few years ago. Custom DB

Would someone able to do similar for the stadium,staff,players and kits?