Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Did you edit it in all stages? Your first screenshot only shows the edit in the best placed playoff stage, while your in-game screenshot shows the group stage.

It was actually done correctly. It was my editor data folder that messed everything up. I had to delete the folder and create a new one for the dbs to reflect in game. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you edit in excel? I want to start a database now but it probably wouldn't be ready until FM23, is there any way I can make it so the DB is transferable?

Hey! Hope this okay to post here. I'm a stickler for not liking short names for clubs i.e Derby instead of Derby County. I've painstakingly gone through every club of responsible stature and made the short name the same as the long name. This worked fine up until recently. All of a sudden the game began ignoring them. Could this be linked to the real name fix I downloaded a while ago? Does this override the editor? The only other thing I have done was change who was promoted and relegated last year in the England leagues. I changed the Competition history to accommodate this, as well as the clubs league history stats. Can anyone help?

8 hours ago, janmagn said:

Hi guys, is there any regions in the local regions that are not used? I would like to add regions to a country without ruining the others

You don’t need to worry about ruining the others, you can add them on their own. I’ve added counties for local regions before.

Hi, what are the most common reasons why Editor File is not showing up when creating a new save?

I have made some simple changes to injuries, and saved as editor data, but when I am starting a new game, I don't see an option to select my edited data.

When I download .fmf file from someone else, I see that file, but when I create mine I don't see it, even everything is in editor data folder

Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

Hi, what are the most common reasons why Editor File is not showing up when creating a new save?

I have made some simple changes to injuries, and saved as editor data, but when I am starting a new game, I don't see an option to select my edited data.

When I download .fmf file from someone else, I see that file, but when I create mine I don't see it, even everything is in editor data folder

Thanks in advance

are these visible and non visible files in the same folder?

And upload the file here maybe.

1 hour ago, Bigpole said:

are these visible and non visible files in the same folder?

And upload the file here maybe.

Yeah, they are in the same folder. It seems that this is some caching issue, now I can see the file. I made a copy of that file named Marko - Copy, and suddenly my original file started working, copy is not visible but at least the original is working zpnUAmx.png

10 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

Yeah, they are in the same folder. It seems that this is some caching issue, now I can see the file. I made a copy of that file named Marko - Copy, and suddenly my original file started working, copy is not visible but at least the original is working zpnUAmx.png

save them with different names maybe

On 08/03/2022 at 21:33, Simmonds246 said:

Hey! Hope this okay to post here. I'm a stickler for not liking short names for clubs i.e Derby instead of Derby County. I've painstakingly gone through every club of responsible stature and made the short name the same as the long name. This worked fine up until recently. All of a sudden the game began ignoring them. Could this be linked to the real name fix I downloaded a while ago? Does this override the editor? The only other thing I have done was change who was promoted and relegated last year in the England leagues. I changed the Competition history to accommodate this, as well as the clubs league history stats. Can anyone help?

The issue is the real name fix. It overrides whatever is set in the editor. If you want your names to be in the game you'll either need to edit the real name lnc file directly, or delete it so that the changes you made in the editor stick.

On 10/03/2022 at 21:40, Supermercado99 said:

Has anyone worked out how to do 'of the month' awards for custom leagues? I've tried creating them from scratch and duplicating awards from other leagues with no luck.

I think somebody said you had to give it a competition level? Or the competition itself needs to have a level if there's no space for that in the awards? Haven't tried the editor this year yet

Hello, I have a question about Bundesliga I hope you can help me. Subs number in Bundesliga 21-22 was 5 originally when that season ended and I started 22-23 subs become 3. Then I bought ingame editor to change it. Can I change subs rule for a ongoing season or can I only change it when starting a new game?

Is there any way you can add future injuries in the pre-game editor or as the season goes on using the in-game editor? I've searched this forum and on google in general and have found people mentioning it but none of them actually have a response. I'm wanting to play as the club I support, who have had a large amount of injuries throughout the season and I'm wanting to make it more realistic

4 hours ago, Will_13 said:

Is there any way you can add future injuries in the pre-game editor or as the season goes on using the in-game editor? I've searched this forum and on google in general and have found people mentioning it but none of them actually have a response. I'm wanting to play as the club I support, who have had a large amount of injuries throughout the season and I'm wanting to make it more realistic

Not knowing the FM version you have, there is a database with realistic injuries made for FM 20, that can easily being exported to another version, just giving the author the proper recognition. Search here

6 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Is it possible to add a cup competition if you have already converted to advanced rules? 

Yes, but if you don't know how to set it from scratch (the competition), it's better that you revert to basic, set up the rules and then turn back to advance (and make back the changes you made previously)

1 hour ago, krakonico said:

Yes, but if you don't know how to set it from scratch (the competition), it's better that you revert to basic, set up the rules and then turn back to advance (and make back the changes you made previously)

I've added leagues through advanced rules, no problem. The thing is, if I revert to basic, add the cup competition and then switch back to advanced, I've got a LOT of rules to add back in. 

I should probably add, I created the competition, added it to the competitions tab under the nation in advanced rules, but it doesn't show. The file verifies, but if I look in "Test Competition", there is no year. 

Edited by EnigMattic1

In the In-game editor's current affiliations section, there is link used to showcase reserve players. When i tick this nothing happened. Where is this link to show affiliated clubs players?

Edited by hthorc

I've often noticed AI managers with role's that sit outside their preferred formations. E.g. an AI manager will have "Inside Forward" as a preferred player role but all his preferred formations will be narrow formations you can't use one in.

What happens in this scenario? Does the AI manager still use the role or is it just ignored?

6 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

Opened my custom database in 22.4.0 and it has changed all the unique IDs of my create teams. No other team has taken the ID. Does this happen to everyone? Doesn't hurt gameplay but a nightmare when you've set up graphics.

Yes it will happen to everyone, it happened to me in 22.3.0.

I worked out the difference between my first new record was before and what the new one is and then added this to my existing records and all worked fine.

This may not be simple, but .. anyone know which FFP settings I need to have to properly replicate Champs League FFP in the pre-game Editor?

I've had a play but I can't seem to get the right scenario!

image.png.32b3e43a48cb802439be5da4b8951d9f.png

to make this happen -

image.png.74f113e0c67db132f130bc552dd81b49.png

If I'm creating a team in the pre-game editor, how do I add previous profits so I don't get ****ed over by FFP in the first season since I technically have made no profits, i tried adding an additional income with no start or end date and it just gave me that amount every year which kind of just breaks the game, while when i try to add either start date, end date or both it doesnt seem to work at all. Anyone found a workaround for this?

Hi all, 

I am attempting to make a full retro database. 

After research etc, I will start with a blank canvas in terms of 'persons'. Therefore, is it possible to copy the created database from fm22 into fm23 (when it comes out). Or to copy players from one FM database to a newer version FM database? Providing I delete all persons from the new version of FM?

Suggestions welcome.

I got a question.

So in the clubs - Stadium - General: it is the screen where you can set the values of the club training, youth facilities and corporate facilities. In these last two categories you can set the value between -1 and 20. What does the -1 do?

Thanks for your time

Grade

7 hours ago, grade said:

I got a question.

So in the clubs - Stadium - General: it is the screen where you can set the values of the club training, youth facilities and corporate facilities. In these last two categories you can set the value between -1 and 20. What does the -1 do?

Thanks for your time

Grade

IIRC it's mean that the value is set randomly every time you start a new save.

On 02/04/2022 at 12:21, THREADBARE said:

How do I edit the Champions league substitution rules?

IIRC is that you need to redo the entire competition.  So maybe it won't be as easy as you think, as you will lose the ability of the Coefficients, and probably has to make a work-around to simulate it.  But let the experts tell you, as I'm a humbling apprentice in the advance rules.

What exactly is the Stadium Rental Cash Amount? The limit is 100,000. So it's either monthly or weekly. I can only assume it's weekly which would take the maximum to 5.2m per year. 

Fwiw, I have the editor set on 'yearly' for wages, but it does not affect this value. Just mentioning it in case someone thinks it's related.

image.png.e375a734fe66dc951d955c449e7305a7.png

Since I am in hospital, I am playing FM19 again.

How do I remove the Euro Cup and the European Champions Cup from the schedule, permanently using editor. I tried making them inactive but they continue. Please help, if you know.

57 minutes ago, adamjdyer said:

Hi all

Is it possible to create a list of Teams and each ones relevant data in Excel and then somehow import them into the Editor?

Thanks

Yes, send me a PM and I’ll talk you through it.

Hello everyone!
I'm new in this editing stuff, so I have a really basic question (sorry!):

What's this button for? Meaning, why would I need to add a "Comment" and how this affects the game?
Thank you very much!
image.png.6c86d79a85ca04ae1c9425e12dc7d657.png

Edited by Booplayer

38 minutes ago, Booplayer said:

Hello everyone!
I'm new in this editing stuff, so I have a really basic question (sorry!):

What's this button for? Meaning, why would I need to add a "Comment" and how this affects the game?
Thank you very much!
image.png.6c86d79a85ca04ae1c9425e12dc7d657.png

It doesn’t affect the game at all, it’s for you to add personal notes to the field.

Say for example if you’ve made a playoff and you want to make notes on how to make it again you can put these there.

hace 3 horas, FCUtdWill dijo:

It doesn’t affect the game at all, it’s for you to add personal notes to the field.

Say for example if you’ve made a playoff and you want to make notes on how to make it again you can put these there.

Thank you so much!!

Hello everyone!!
The next image:

image.png.ab8b2b76780fca2068f41a54b3c6af74.png

Shows the amount (10 million dollars) that every club in the 1st mexican division, must pay as an "insurance" to the Federation (FMF) for getting promoted. The "insurance" only last for 2 years. If any club gets relegated and then gets promoted the next season (for example) must pay again 10 million dollars for this "insurance". How can I program that?

The second amount (10,701) is the amount that every club (1st mexican division) must pay to the State for having an audit in order to legally comply with the "Financial Fair Play". How can I achieve such a thing?

Thank you so much!!

Edited by Booplayer

Hello everyone just asking a question about an error I've been getting and I don't know how to fix it.

This error says "All Teams in {premier division} must be assigned to the parent division or the child division, not both".

if someone can help me and tell me how to fix this that would be greatly appreciated. 

p.s I am trying to make a 6 staged Australian Football pyramid.

I will supply screenshots if anybody asks for them!

2 minutes ago, Angus2002 said:

Hello everyone just asking a question about an error I've been getting and I don't know how to fix it.

This error says "All Teams in {premier division} must be assigned to the parent division or the child division, not both".

if someone can help me and tell me how to fix this that would be greatly appreciated. 

p.s I am trying to make a 6 staged Australian Football pyramid.

I will supply screenshots if anybody asks for them!

Put your teams in the child competitions, they don’t need to be in two places.

3 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Put your teams in the child competitions, they don’t need to be in two places.

So basically there are 20 teams in each div and it works kinda like the English Soccer Pyramid. the teams are all unique for team div.

FM21.png

32 minutes ago, Angus2002 said:

So basically there are 20 teams in each div and it works kinda like the English Soccer Pyramid. the teams are all unique for team div.

FM21.png

Your teams will need to go in one of those six subdivisions, rather than the parent competition.