Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Motobaka said:

Is it possible to copy paste advanced nation rules from one nation to another?

Yes. I made a guide for how to copy/paste international/continental rules here https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/?do=findComment&comment=13403624

It'd be a similar process, although you could remove a few steps.

Even after pasting you'd have to change a bunch of things though. You'd have to change all references to competitions so they refer to the relevant competitions for the new nation and you'd have to make sure fixture/discipline rules are setup correctly.

hace 16 minutos, rusty217 dijo:

Yes. I made a guide for how to copy/paste international/continental rules here https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/?do=findComment&comment=13403624

It'd be a similar process, although you could remove a few steps.

Even after pasting you'd have to change a bunch of things though. You'd have to change all references to competitions so they refer to the relevant competitions for the new nation and you'd have to make sure fixture/discipline rules are setup correctly.

I'm doing a USA database and am running into an issue where the 'teams for next season' category is preventing relegation, but I can't remove teams from this category and they are automatically added when I add teams to a competition. How do I fix this?

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Ok, if you were to take an editor file from FM22, open it in the FM23 editor and verify it, what would happen if a team has changed names between FM22 and FM23? Which name would the team appear as?

If you changed the name in the editor file it will appear as whatever you changed it to. If you didn't, then it will be the FM23 name.

Editor files are just a list of changes to be applied to the default database, so unless you actually made a change it will just keep the default for whatever database you're using.

15 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

If you changed the name in the editor file it will appear as whatever you changed it to. If you didn't, then it will be the FM23 name.

Editor files are just a list of changes to be applied to the default database, so unless you actually made a change it will just keep the default for whatever database you're using.

So, if the changes in the FM22 file were just moving teams around and not changing names, when the database is verified for FM23, the team names would be whatever they are in the base FM23 database? That makes things a LOT easier for me.

Edited by EnigMattic1

Which extinct nation APART from Ireland Pre-1922 would you recommend if I need a new fictive nation for a Super League-like competition?
I don't need (don't actually want) that nation to have a national team that plays in tournaments, but I want qualification for international club tournaments (think Champions League) to work.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb jackh:

Looking to change Manchester United's owners to the new proposed Qatari ownership, using the pre-game editor, how would I go about doing that? 

I'm not sure you can do a lot in that regard. You can pull up ManUnited, go to Ownership and change the nature of the ownership at the very least.
You can then also go to staff and change the board if you'd like. Take out the Glazers, create whoever will be responsible assuming they don't already exist ingame, put them in there.

2 hours ago, MRC said:

Which extinct nation APART from Ireland Pre-1922 would you recommend if I need a new fictive nation for a Super League-like competition?
I don't need (don't actually want) that nation to have a national team that plays in tournaments, but I want qualification for international club tournaments (think Champions League) to work.

C.I.S. is used a lot. Maybe Czechoslovakia. Just check their "history" when you load a new game with the new nation enabled so you can see which competitions need editing to change the past winners from Czechoslovakia to Czech Republic

I think you'd have to change the continent to Europe for them to get picked up in club qualifying. However, I believe that would only work until the new 2025 format and then it's gonna either not use your country's spots, or boot out the lowest ranked country instead. After that you'd have to rebuild the Euro club comps for it to work perfectly (someone else can correct me on this if I'm wrong).

Also changing it to Europe will have the knock-on effect of the national team being "clickable" and calling up players for friendlies, but they'll only play in UEFA U21 qualifying without rebuilding other tournaments

I don't know if this is necessarily an editor question, but I'm not sure where to ask. As the facilities have an effect on the quality of players coming into the club via the youth intake, what controls how good newgen staff are? Can this be changed?

Is there a way to stop the game scaling down ticket prices set in the editor when the game loads? I've set teams of 3250 in an 85 rep league to charge 25 pounds for a ticket. When the game loads the teams are charging 3 pounds.

I can handle scaling down of ticket prices/prize money/TV money if the league's reputation drops (though an option to fix would also be appreciated) but how can I get the game to start with the original ticket prices? Looking at extended English league databases totally obscure clubs in lower divisions with sub-900 reputations are holding the ticket prices set in the database so what would I need to do to make this happen? 

Few quick ones I'm hoping to get answered.

When using a PA range what happens if a player has a CA set to be above the minimum of that PA range? For example if I have a player with CA set to say 145 then PA set to -8(130-160), does that essentially mean his range will be 145-160 or can his PA still get set to below 145 thus forcing his CA then to be lowered to match?

Another quick one, I have a player showing up in game as no work permit, but in the editor under Player Data--General  I have the  "has work permit" ticked. Am I missing something here? Or is there a way for me to get players to have work permits. I can't get non-Eu players to have workpermits only work around I have right now is adding a dual nationality of a EU nation.

Last one,  Any way to make sure sponsorships/other income settings continue on at a similar level? Doing a custom league system and want to give all teams in my pyramid a set income I can guarantee will not drop off. I have both "renew income" and "fixed value" ticked, but after simming on holidays for a number of years they all seem to drop off.

Is there a way to have two Editor windows open simultaneously for easy reference between the two? If not for the same version then for different versions (22 Editor + 23 Editor)? *running the game through Steam on a Mac

1 hour ago, mwttstck said:

Is there a way to have two Editor windows open simultaneously for easy reference between the two? If not for the same version then for different versions (22 Editor + 23 Editor)? *running the game through Steam on a Mac

Just launch them both? Works fine for me in windows. I have FM19, FM23 and the editor for both all open at once.

3 hours ago, CurnRaisin said:

Just launch them both? Works fine for me in windows. I have FM19, FM23 and the editor for both all open at once.

Hmm doesn’t work for me, although I feel like it used to (maybe on older versions). Not sure if it’s a Mac issue or something else I‘m missing…

4 hours ago, CurnRaisin said:

I can't seem to open my FM22 editor anymore. If I try, I just get the error "ding" that Windows makes and then it closes itself.

В 04.03.2023 в 09:33, SDke сказал:

I got this error. I've never edited the Europa League. Only the Belgium leagues. How can I fix this?

europaleague.png

Hello! Have you managed to fix the error? I'm trying to make an update using extinct country, and when I try to add it in continental cups, the same error appears.

13 hours ago, Leagars said:

Hello! Have you managed to fix the error? I'm trying to make an update using extinct country, and when I try to add it in continental cups, the same error appears.

No, wasn't able to fix it.

Can I add a new club to an existing league? I'm using FM16 and would like to add a new club to the Essex Senior League, which is a semi-professional league, and currently has 21 teams. I was hoping I could add an additional club to the league to make it 22 teams. I know I can do the "create a club" option at the main screen, but was hoping I could work around that, and not replace a club.

And if I can, I'm assuming I'd have to work on changing the schedule, which I'm not sure how to do either? Thanks in advance for any help.

How can I make it so Brazilian players can transfer & be loaned from age 16 onwards rather than having to wait until they're 18?

Edit: Also, when looking to fill up a league I took clubs from, I realised that some of the teams I used don't have the "Reserve Team" option to begin with, meaning I am unable to create B or U20 teams for them. Is there any way around this? Edit2: Filters are hard lol

Edited by MRC
prevent double-posting

Am 7.3.2023 um 22:15 schrieb dtown1414:

Can I add a new club to an existing league? I'm using FM16 and would like to add a new club to the Essex Senior League, which is a semi-professional league, and currently has 21 teams. I was hoping I could add an additional club to the league to make it 22 teams. I know I can do the "create a club" option at the main screen, but was hoping I could work around that, and not replace a club.

And if I can, I'm assuming I'd have to work on changing the schedule, which I'm not sure how to do either? Thanks in advance for any help.

Now I'm not sure whether that league has complex rules or feeds into a competition that might get messed up, but generally speaking adding a club to a league is a quite simple task via the pre-game editor (not sure if it was around in FM16, though). Unfortunately I can only provide assistence if the pre-game editor exists and has a somewhat similar set-up to that of the last few years.

3 hours ago, MRC said:

Now I'm not sure whether that league has complex rules or feeds into a competition that might get messed up, but generally speaking adding a club to a league is a quite simple task via the pre-game editor (not sure if it was around in FM16, though). Unfortunately I can only provide assistence if the pre-game editor exists and has a somewhat similar set-up to that of the last few years.

Thanks for the reply. I did use the pre-game editor, but I can't get the changes verified, therefore it won't work in the game. I know the editor works because I changed the sub rule to "5 subs from 9". I finally gave up and did the "create a club" option. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb dtown1414:

Thanks for the reply. I did use the pre-game editor, but I can't get the changes verified, therefore it won't work in the game. I know the editor works because I changed the sub rule to "5 subs from 9". I finally gave up and did the "create a club" option. 

What issue did the editor bring up?
Perhaps you could try pulling a club without a league or an extinct club (taking care to not making it extinct anymore), change it to your club and then assign it to the league, taking care to also change the required teams for the league to 22.

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but how exactly can I see (and change) how an existing continental cup competition is set up? Reason being that I have to fix the Copa Libertadores due to a new nation I created in South America. And even if I end up having create a competition from scratch to replace it I would like to see how it's set up beforehand.

5 hours ago, MRC said:

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but how exactly can I see (and change) how an existing continental cup competition is set up? Reason being that I have to fix the Copa Libertadores due to a new nation I created in South America. And even if I end up having create a competition from scratch to replace it I would like to see how it's set up beforehand.

Here's a guide:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/?do=findComment&comment=13403624

The Copa Libertadores is luckily one of the easier ones to edit. The qualifying system is unfortunately impossible to edit. But you could potentially brute force your nation in instead. Just add instructions to get the best teams from your nation to some stages, while accounting for all of the existing teams. Would need some tweaking to get it right (eg. perhaps you add the winner of your league straight to the group stage, then add a 4th qualifying round for the 4 winners of the 3rd qual round, plus the runner-up and third placed from your league for a total of 6 teams. The 3 winners from that move on to the group stage. So you're adding 1 extra GS team, but reducing the number of teams that qualify for the GS from the quali rounds to 3 to account for that), but it's theoretically possible at least.

8 hours ago, MRC said:

What issue did the editor bring up?
Perhaps you could try pulling a club without a league or an extinct club (taking care to not making it extinct anymore), change it to your club and then assign it to the league, taking care to also change the required teams for the league to 22.

Once I got the 22 teams in the Essex Senior League, then the error message I got was the English Counties League have 295 clubs, and now they have 296. Error message says they can't have 296? Couldn't figure out how to change the Counties League number to 296 after adding that additional club? I may mess around with it again sometime. 

Edited by dtown1414

I was wondering if it's possible to copy text from one of the screens? For example, the email you get from Football365.com, gives a nice summary of my clubs most recent match. Who scored, any red cards, etc. I like to save those in a folder but can't right click on the screen to "copy & paste." I've taken a screen shot, cropped the summary part, but can't save it successfully in word? Thanks in advance for any help!

vor 6 Stunden schrieb EnigMattic1:

If I want to expand the American pyramid, What option do I need to select in the editor? Is it add lower divisions and cups or create a new competition and rules?

Depends on if you want to build a league system from scratch or add to the existing line-up. If you want to keep the MLS(pyramid) as it and just expand downwards, you would select add lower divisions. 

I believe that option did cause issues in the past (previous FMs), but I don't know if that is still the case. 

Am 9.3.2023 um 19:57 schrieb MRC:

How can I make it so Brazilian players can transfer & be loaned from age 16 onwards rather than having to wait until they're 18?

Does anyone have a solution for this? I did hear that it might be hard-coded unfortunately, but I haven't gotten confirmation if it actually is.

Hoping someone has an answer for me here.

When using a PA range what happens if a player has a CA set to be above the minimum of that PA range? For example if I have a player with CA set to say 145 then PA set to -8(130-160), does that essentially mean his range will be 145-160 or can his PA still get set to below 145 thus forcing his CA then to be lowered to match?

Another quick one, I have a player showing up in game as no work permit, but in the editor under Player Data--General  I have the  "has work permit" ticked. Am I missing something here? Or is there a way for me to get players to have work permits. I can't get non-Eu players to have workpermits only work around I have right now is adding a dual nationality of a EU nation.

Last one,  Any way to make sure sponsorships/other income settings continue on at a similar level? Doing a custom league system and want to give all teams in my pyramid a set income I can guarantee will not drop off. I have both "renew income" and "fixed value" ticked, but after simming on holidays for a number of years they all seem to drop off.

I was trying to create a player, but it seems that when I start a save, some attributes are not alike at all what I wrote. Not exactly the attributes per say, as I was expecting some slight changes on that, but the comparision between them.

You can see in the screenshots that I put '8' on Dribbling and '12' on Passing in the Editor, but when I save and then create new game it shows '15' in Dribbling and '9' on Passing, which doesn't make any sort of sense for me.
From what I can gather, some attributes 'weigh' more than others - for some reason - but in this case both attributes have a 'weighting' of "3.000".

If they weigh the same, then why is that I put Passing higher than Dribbling in the Editor but in-game the Dribbling is higher than the Passing?

Nenhuma descrição de foto disponível.Pode ser uma imagem de texto que diz "Crossing Dribbling Finishing 5.000 3000 Long Marking 0fThRa 2.000 1.000 Passing 2.000 Penalties Tackling 1.000 2000 12 5 Vision 3.000 12 000 3.000"
Edited by Guilha

24 minutes ago, Guilha said:
I was trying to create a player, but it seems that when I start a save, some attributes are not alike at all what I wrote. Not exactly the attributes per say, as I was expecting some slight changes on that, but the comparision between them.

You can see in the screenshots that I put '8' on Dribbling and '12' on Passing in the Editor, but when I save and then create new game it shows '15' in Dribbling and '9' on Passing, which doesn't make any sort of sense for me.
From what I can gather, some attributes 'weigh' more than others - for some reason - but in this case both attributes have a 'weighting' of "3.000".

If they weigh the same, then why is that I put Passing higher than Dribbling in the Editor but in-game the Dribbling is higher than the Passing?

What is his current ability set to vs the recommenced?

41 minutes ago, CurnRaisin said:

What is his current ability set to vs the recommenced?

I put exactly the same CA as the recommended (104) for the sake of the screenshot (with PA 156, just as test). - I don't know if this matters, but player is 14yo.

What confuses me the most is attributes, in general, seem ok to me, and most are what they should be or near so, so CA/CP should be fine, but then there are some examples like Dribbling/Passing (that I showed) or Aggression/Pace where 1 attribute in Editor is higher/lower than the other, but then in-game they're the other way around without apparent reason.

I understand the Editor in general, but this thing I really don't get.

Edited by Guilha

I know you can add completed league fixtures in the pre-game editor if you want to start a game at a future date, but is it possible to add cup (and even continental) results as well? Would it be a case of changing the 'Cup Tie Mappings' for knockout games, for example?

vor 9 Stunden schrieb CurnRaisin:

Hoping someone has an answer for me here.

I don't know unfortunately, but this should be quite easy to test provided you have the ingame Editor.