Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Yuko said:

I'm having extreme difficulty changing/adding years in history. It just overwrites things I didn't touch and it eventually becomes a pain in the butt to make a simple addition or change!

Anyone else had this issue?

Same issue with changing any sort of numbers on the editor. Tried this now by adjusting finances in 'other income' to add sponsorships and change existing values, it just fails and it changes something completely different. 

Feels like a really bad bug that effectively doesn't allow us to use this feature at all... Needs an immediate hotfix!

Edit: Ok, managed to fix it, converted to advanced rules (where all the transfer window rules still existed like they should), tested the entire set up under advanced rules and voila, my transfer windows are back. Why doing this the normal way under basic rules removed them... hell if I know.

So, I activated the German 4th division as I usually do, but as a result that edit seems to have removed all transfer window rules from the German leagues. Where would I go to reactivate those, I can't seem to find anything about transfer windows (which confuses me even more as to how adding the 4th division removed them in the first place).

Edited by Freakiie

Anybody having trouble opening the FM2022 Editor through steam? I press launch and then I just get the default Windows error sound and nothing happens. 

EDIT: Nvm, I just installed the editor on a different drive than the main game. 

Edited by AceCream

Salut, I've attempted to import my FM20 custom DB into FM22, and it's mostly worked. The issue is the kits for the created clubs have not transferred correctly. Some clubs have almost the correct third kits, but the colours are reversed (yellow becomes blue?). Other clubs have the default blue/red kits, and some clubs have seemingly random kits. Regardless! I have to fix them all.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be? Or a solution on how to quickly copy-paste the old kits to the new database?

I've tried import-export, as well as simply loading the old database in FM22, and they give the same results. I've tried looking through the xml files to see what would be involved in editing those, but I'm having trouble understanding them, and I'd rather not copy-paste so many kits if there's a simpler/less tedious way to do it.

Not sure if this is the correct forum as it relates to the in-game editor!

Over the past couple of days, the in-game editor has disappeared on my game. Has it been discontinued now that FM22 is out? It's still listed as unlocked in my Downloads section, but when I start a new game (with use of the in-game editor allowed, of course!) it doesn't appear. 

I read a few people who had similar issues and solved it by rebooting Steam, but this doesn't seem to work for me...any ideas?

EDIT: Oh, another question about the main editor! I have tried to edit Antonio Conte to be Spurs manager on the editor, but the game doesn't recognise it. I've managed to edit a few other managerial changes (Eddie Howe in and Steve Bruce, Dean Smith and Daniel Farke out) with no problems, so my best guess is that one of the downloaded editor files that replaced Mourinho with Nuno is overriding my editor file? Does anyone know how I can get the game to recognise my edit ahead of the downloaded one?

Cheers!

Edited by Siobri

Hi, trying to add a county cup to English league database and can’t add specific teams - only lets me add whole divisions. Is this an error with the editor or am I missing something obvious? Another poster has suggested it could be done in advanced rules, but I can’t seem to work that out. 

Any tips? Thanks

Hi all, I created a new club and a new non-player. I added him as my club's Chairperson in the Board section. And in the ownership section I've got Chairperson as the Title and LLC as the Ownership Type.

But when I start a new save, a random gen gets assigned as my club's Chairperson!

Please help.

15 minutes ago, DeiveFloriano said:

I'm dividing 1 nation into 6 nations, for that I'll need to change the nationality of 50 thousand players, would there be a way to select them all and do it only once or will I have to edit player by player?

I'm sure you've considered this, but you can cut out a lot of that work by searching by city and even region I think.

On 09/11/2021 at 17:02, CAF1963 said:

Hi, I have edited team names in FM22 but it will not let me save the edited data

Untitled.png

maybe choose where you want to save the file? You haven't chosen everything yet.

1 hour ago, Bigpole said:

maybe choose where you want to save the file? You haven't chosen everything yet.

I cant chose anything other than what you see on screenshot, I have tried uninstalling Editor and re-installing but because it`s from Steam it remembers your changes somehow

3 minutes ago, CAF1963 said:

I cant chose anything other than what you see on screenshot, I have tried uninstalling Editor and re-installing but because it`s from Steam it remembers your changes somehow

but you know that you have to choose partition where you will save this file? right now I can see only your 3 partitions and nothing else. 

How to exclude specific teams from a division being added to a tournament?

In this case I want sides from the Lowland League but not Rangers B or Celtic B. I created one entry to get six random teams, which works fine, and another two entries that are the same but with Rangers B and Celtic B listed. They still show in the competition, so anyone have a suggestion on the process to keep them out? Would be a lot easier if there was just an option from the list allowing you to choose which teams to exclude!

(UPDATE - Missed the button that says "Don't use Reserve/B/Youth Teams". Would still be helpful to be able to list senior teams you don't want but this helps me).

Edited by Supermercado99

Is there a way to set up club legends who are not in game to be in game? So make them a hire able coach say? Or do I need to create them and then replace them as legend? 

Also is there an easy way to create an ex player to include their playing history like a program or something or do I just have to input manually?

Thanks

12 hours ago, Bigpole said:

but you know that you have to choose partition where you will save this file? right now I can see only your 3 partitions and nothing else. 

What you see in the partitions is all I can get, I cannot get back to original list for some reason, hence why I uninstalled it and re-installed thinking I would get back to original list, but not that simple :( 

Hello community,

I want to edit competition history for France, cause i've spotted a lot of mistakes in coupe de France mainly.

I know the way to do it but my  question is this: 

Since i make and save the changes on the original database, how can i use it after along with a custom french lower league database? 

Should i choose to run both files separately before starting  a new save? 

Should i merge both files through editor? If this is possible, what are the steps i have to follow?

Any answers from the editors guru are welcomed

I am editing all the Uefa tournament like CL, Europa, etc...

I would like to edit the prize money. How do I go about editing the Prize money? Does anyone know the correct prize money for all tournaments or where I can find them?

Edited by Juventus

from where game generate names for gen players? let us say I created league for a country without adding players and there is only 10 players in DB ?! I heard FM rotate those name !! is that true? dose that mean all leagues will share same 10 names ? LOL 
can u pls advise as if this is the case then I need to add players which am really not wanna waste time doing so

I used to play FIFA MANAER .. and they had dedicated file for names per country and u can add and remove names to that list which game will use to generate players names

any advice pls? 

Right  i have bought the in game editor picture below and got the tick ticked but the in game editor is not showing up  in the game any ideas where i am going wrong ?.

Also does this only work in a new career game or can you still use it in previous saved games?

Cheers

image.png

Screenshot (5).png

On 15/11/2021 at 19:36, that\'s life said:

Right  i have bought the in game editor picture below and got the tick ticked but the in game editor is not showing up  in the game any ideas where i am going wrong ?.

Also does this only work in a new career game or can you still use it in previous saved games?

Cheers

image.png

Screenshot (5).png

Sorted it up and running 

1 hora atrás, Luke Cro disse:

did any edit comp.fmf file (or something like that) to add nations , local regions etc., change stadium sides, change continents for nations etc??

You can do it your self.

Just edit the required files, this have  the files of comp editor.fmf

Hi Community!

Just a little question for you: if I want to re-create a UEFA Competition System (re-including Cup Winners Cup and peraphs Intertoto), how to avoid that a club can partecipate to two differents competitions? I've already  tried to re-create CWC and the competitions works fine in FM22 but it looks like are "separated" from the rest of Uefa Competitions with some clubs that partecipate to UCL and CWC for example. In this case is mandatory to manage advanced rules also for the other Uefa Competitions (also if i do not want to change anything - just to be part of the various uefa cups) or something else?

many thanks

Is there a way to have the youths of a league or country on amateur or non-contracts instead of the typical youth contract?

I've tried setting the minium wage for youth contracts on $1, but ends on a $6 monthly. Is for an amateur league, so players on the first team are on non contracts. Even the teams that are set to amateur, or set to have amateur contracts for young players in the editor ends up with these $6 monthly youth contract, which for a youth intake ends up being like the whole budget or more.

Is there something I'm missing? 

Is there a way to extract the list of unique ID's of the clubs (or clubs, competitions etc.)?

I've been trying to make an Excel-based database editor where I can batch edit some stuff just for fun and looking up for ID's one by one is really hard work.

En 1/12/2020 a las 2:44, BedeviledEgg dijo:

I have a working 8 team preseason tournament with a group stage, semifinal, final format. It all works perfectly except for the seeding of the semifinals. I want the standard "winner of Group A plays runner-up from Group B" setup but I'm not clear on how to make that happen and I can't find any examples of this tournament format on the workshop yet. I know this can be done and I see where the exact setup I'm going for is mentioned on the "Team Mappings From Previous Stage" tab but I'm not quite clear on how to set that up.

Could somebody point me in the right direction or link me to an existing mod I could look at?

Hi, could you fix this? I need the same