FM18: Serie A - The home of Calcio

stgahoy

Awesome.. he did get me a 4 star potential number 10 which I was stoked about, also a 4 star GK natural at GK and Sgk and he got me a 3.5 striker but looks like I can get him better than his stars say.

I am currently top but on level points with Inter. We keep dropping points when we could take a massive lead.

Weird thing... we are in the semi final of the CL and the final of the TIM cup.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 ore fa, Aizo4576 ha scritto:

Loving my Juve save so far. Incredible squad, so much fun to watch the games

I'm in Jan and Chelsea just bid £60m for Sandro (£31m + £10m over the next year, £10.5m after 30 matches, £10m after international matches, 20% of next sale)

I accepted, as no way is Sandro actually worth that, but I need to find a replacement asap. I'm also hoping the other clubs interested come in for him as I'm not completely happy with the way the deal is structured

I am interested to see how you'll replace him!

9 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I am interested to see how you'll replace him!

I was originally going to bring in a defensively solid LB, but I actually had another interesting idea. I moved De Sciglio over to LB, and brought in Odriozola who looks like a monster going forward.

My philosophy for this save is to really develop a squad, with a focus on youth. I try to limit my spending, although I will let myself have a slight net spend if necessary.

I originally started with Pjanic in DM, and Dybala at AM, with Cuadrado/Bernardeschi at RW and Costa/Kluivert at LW. However, with Marchisio back I decided I needed to change it up. I have moved Dybala to RW (with a lot of freedom), Pjanic to AM and Bernardeschi to LW. Very excited to see how it plays out!

Ended my first season...

Lost the league on goal difference.. had a run of games where I couldn' win in the league and lost by 3 or 4 goals a time. I learnt a lot about my team and that they couldn' handle pressure. During this run I thought I saved title dream by beating Juventus 2-3 at their place. Jack Wilshire scoring the hattrick.

Lost the cup final 1-0

We were abysmal.

CL final,

With it looking like a trophy less season was happening I stormed past Barcelona besting them 2-4 two MASSIVE goals by Ünder and an assist paved the way for the win in extra time.

So season in review... I wasted some money on a few but won enough to cover the rubbish buys but I have got a gem in Wilshire as my trequartista or cm on attack. 

I have bought in loads of youth, and I finally got D'Amico on the books. 7million probably over spent but I'm happy.

Sold Manolas to United for 35 million, Strootman chose a new deal with me than a 40 mil deal to join Chelsea though I'm thinking maybe I should of sold him.

Second season to start soon.

6 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

Ended my first season...

Lost the league on goal difference.. had a run of games where I couldn' win in the league and lost by 3 or 4 goals a time. I learnt a lot about my team and that they couldn' handle pressure. During this run I thought I saved title dream by beating Juventus 2-3 at their place. Jack Wilshire scoring the hattrick.

CL final,

With it looking like a trophy less season was happening I stormed past Barcelona besting them 2-4 two MASSIVE goals by Ünder and an assist paved the way for the win in extra time.

So season in review... I wasted some money on a few but won enough to cover the rubbish buys but I have got a gem in Wilshire as my trequartista or cm on attack. 

Congrats on beating Barcelona, I knew Ünder had hidden potential! Pretty typical of real life bottling Roma too, those 7-1's vs Barcelona and United.

Into January 2nd season with Roma.

Just had an offer of around 45mil for Allison from PSG. His value is 26m. I use Rajkovic as my number 1 mainly. Would you accept this offer? Includes 30% of next sale too. 

Played 20 games and are on same points as Juve, going too be interesting.

Just now, Daws88 said:

Into January 2nd season with Roma.

Just had an offer of around 45mil for Allison from PSG. His value is 26m. I use Rajkovic as my number 1 mainly. Would you accept this offer? Includes 30% of next sale too. 

Played 20 games and are on same points as Juve, going too be interesting.

If you use Rajkovic as your #1 and Allison's your #2 then 45 million for him is a no-brainer. Especially since you don't get that kind of money often in the first few seasons!

5 minutes ago, FlairRA said:

If you use Rajkovic as your #1 and Allison's your #2 then 45 million for him is a no-brainer. Especially since you don't get that kind of money often in the first few seasons!

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Will bring in a good enough back up toi replace him. Did you renew De Rossi contract? He isn't performing that well for me, central midfield will need improving. 

Craigd84 are you planning on using d'amico straight away? I loaned him out for inter for 4 seasons and he still improves but may keep him for 3rd season. 

1 minute ago, Daws88 said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Will bring in a good enough back up to replace him. Did you renew De Rossi contract? He isn't performing that well for me, central midfield will need improving. 

Yep, he was amazing as a DLP (D) in a 4-3-3, positionally good enough to cover for the wingbacks and had the technical skills to pick an accurate and nice pass.

1 hour ago, FlairRA said:

Yep, he was amazing as a DLP (D) in a 4-3-3, positionally good enough to cover for the wingbacks and had the technical skills to pick an accurate and nice pass.

Thats good then, for me his rating was 6.84 first season and 6.78 this.

I'm playing him as a half back and his acceleration has gone down too 5 and concentration is 10. A case of changing formation too just suit one player at his declining years probably not best for the squad.

Downloaded the update and just started a Sampdoria save.
You don't even need to sign anyone, and pretty much the whole squad is filled with potentially class players. Should be fun.

The only downside is that you need a keeper, since Viviano is injured at the start of the game.

6 hours ago, Daws88 said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Will bring in a good enough back up toi replace him. Did you renew De Rossi contract? He isn't performing that well for me, central midfield will need improving. 

Craigd84 are you planning on using d'amico straight away? I loaned him out for inter for 4 seasons and he still improves but may keep him for 3rd season. 

Yes.. D'Amico rotating with Wilshire as my Trequartista. 

3 ore fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

Downloaded the update and just started a Sampdoria save.
You don't even need to sign anyone, and pretty much the whole squad is filled with potentially class players. Should be fun.

The only downside is that you need a keeper, since Viviano is injured at the start of the game.

Amazing team, you'll love and Ferrero is the best :D 

1 hour ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Amazing team, you'll love and Ferrero is the best :D 

Well, if he's anything like irl I shouldn't have any troubles with players being sold for low fees.

I love the Torreira-Linety-Praet midfield. And the good old Gaston Ramirez.

5 minuti fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

Well, if he's anything like irl I shouldn't have any troubles with players being sold for low fees.

I love the Torreira-Linety-Praet midfield. And the good old Gaston Ramirez.

Sampdoria has even some good youth players :) But I am Not sure if after the database update they changed PA
This time I am not sure if start with Juve or with Lazio

Just had my first youth intake, got two high potential players! Both are 15, with 4* (+1) PA. One thing I've noticed from my own club and scouting, there are a hell of a lot of 14-16 year olds in the youth intake. Not sure if it's just me, but I'm sure normally they tend to be 16-17 in general, weird.

Here's the one I'm excited about. I've got Higuain tutoring him, so hopefully he can pass on his perfectionist personality.

0cd0632bbdee2783df7d23fe2b2b92cb.png

Starting to plan ahead for the off season, specifically trimming the squad and bringing in good replacements.

So far I plan to offload Barzagli (end of contract, old and wants a raise - no thanks) and Buffon (retirement) for sure. Of course these are both leaders in the dressing room, so it's vital I don't lose any others. Chiellini and Marchisio are therefore safe.

Other players potentially on the chopping board are:

Mandzukic - High wages, lots of interest, will never be more than back up and I have Kean coming back who could take his spot on the bench

Matuidi - High value, high wages, but never a starter. He's averaged just below a ~7 this season. With Marchisio, Pjanic and Khedira all ahead of him, he has to go

Cuadrado - Not sure on him yet, but he's got a very high value and wage for a rotation option

I also think the update I'm on is ****ed, so Costa is leaving when his loan ends. Optional fee is £35m+, and he is already on wages of ~200k/week so, despite being one of my best performers this season, I don't think I'll buy him

Hey guys I've just started a new save with Sassuolo after losing 3 months of great result in my second season with torino:seagull:, they have some nice youngsters in berardi, sensi, adjapong and others. Was wondering if anyone else has tried them out yet, if they've had any success and what the budget is like in the second season. From what I've seen the debts aren't too bad but my main concern is their training facilities.

4 hours ago, Aizo4576 said:

Just had my first youth intake, got two high potential players! Both are 15, with 4* (+1) PA. One thing I've noticed from my own club and scouting, there are a hell of a lot of 14-16 year olds in the youth intake. Not sure if it's just me, but I'm sure normally they tend to be 16-17 in general, weird.

Here's the one I'm excited about. I've got Higuain tutoring him, so hopefully he can pass on his perfectionist personality.

0cd0632bbdee2783df7d23fe2b2b92cb.png

Wow, he's amazing! Did he have a Best of his Generation tag? Even so, with Higuain tutoring him he can become an absolute legend, Del Piero-esque.

17 minutes ago, FlairRA said:

Wow, he's amazing! Did he have a Best of his Generation tag? Even so, with Higuain tutoring him he can become an absolute legend, Del Piero-esque.

He did! Very excited to see how he turns out. His nationality has actually changed to Italian now, and I assume that's who he'll choose in the future

Just finished my first season. Won the league fairly comfortably, but lost in the semi final of both the CL and the cup. Lots of transfer plans this summer

Second season update.

Won the super cup on pens against Everton... strange.

Won the first game 4 nil, but struggled in the next game to win 1 nil.

So I changed tactic to a 433 wide using a trequartista in the striker role and other little bits. WOW I went on a 12 win streak. So it' now January and I'm top with two games in hand as I had the world club cup to play in which we won. I'm 5 points clear as I am. 

I' trying to flog Dzeko I just can' get him scoring or playing well... D'Amico has 6 goals in 14 games so doing well. Florenzi has been immense as has my two new cbs. 

Sokratis

Caldara

Combine fee of 30 million.

We didn' concede a goal for 6 games.

So in the window I'm looking to make some cash. 

12 minuti fa, craigd84 ha scritto:

Alisson has been great for me. Has definitely won me a few games on his own.

I am a bit disapointed for his attributes because in RL he's much better than that but I am happy to see in the game he performs well

24 minuti fa, craigd84 ha scritto:

I agree... his stats do seem a bit under rated. I' using Pr0s latest update so perhaps Alisson is better on the new SI data.

Him on the last data update:

Spoiler

Alisson.thumb.PNG.e67ff62b940bcff76527e5f08ff61bdc.PNG
As you see he improved a little bit but he's still underrated.

Heartbreak for Roma, it seems like we're becoming the new Neverkusen. 2nd in ALL competitions, Juventus have been absolutely dominant. 

image.thumb.png.91ba0034063967cc428624c77ec213d0.png

image.thumb.png.8094a19c4ff74dd8c873c93851c6312d.png

On top of that, European Golden Boot and Serie A Golden Boot winner Alex Di Maria hasn't made the Italy squad... disappointing. 

We can do so much better we're almost there, ironically our points total was higher than last year's, if only Conte leaves! So close yet so far, I'll make a few astute signings and change up my formation, and then I believe we can truly challenge for and win the treble!

On the bright side, Rossi is easily becoming a BEAST of a center-back.  Shame about the dislikes big matches trait, but you can't have everything I suppose.

image.thumb.png.ee5da788147ec6399c11912b808a50d9.png

I am going to start a career with Juve but will be particular. Basically I'll hide the attributes and I'll buy players just looking scout reports/their career stats. Of course my own players are excluded at least I'll be able to see their progresses etc.

End of season 2 just third game in season 3.

I won the God damned lot except the cup!!

So now I finally got my league title.. won it on a canter with 90 points but almost messed it up with some terrible mistakes.

Got rid of a lot of players:

Radja 35mil PSG

Strootman 40mil Arsenal

Alisson 68mil Man City

Peres 30mil Inter so glad he is gone. Such a card magnet and hates big games.

Few other players gone too.

Bought in:

Florinel Coman for 6 mil. Scored a debut goal against Juve

Nicolo Barella loved him on my.liverpool save as Italy boss so had to... easy replacement for Radja scored in his first 3 games. Sitting on 3 in 4.

Promoted some youths.

Also Signed Celtics left back whose name escapes me right now.

Notable things... Jack Wilshire is one of the best midfielders on the game. I play him as a MEZ on support... sheer class.

D'Amico scored 11 in his first season mostly as back up to bed him in. Started the new season with 4 in 3.

So my philosophy of focusing on youth and not overspending went out of the window when I realised that Özil (my favourite player IRL) was the perfect player to complete my line up. These are the transfers I ended up making:

c7ed03a8dc314c4dfc37c1d49cebd3c2.png

I had planned to sell both Cuadrado and Matuidi, however both were injured until after the window closed so I decided to loan out Kluivert and Bentancur (I need them to get some first team experience) until Jan when I can then sell Cuadrado and Matuidi.

On 03/03/2018 at 20:34, ParanoidBuddha said:

@Aizo4576 can you post your formation? :) 

This is how I am planning to line up this season

146adfa0c7a8139bfa62ca2876c255e0.png

I am currently coming to the end of my second season with Inter (started this game on the .2 patch, so no up to date transfers etc).

My first season was horrific - my top scorer was Joao Mario with 13 goals or something daft :D finished 2nd, 11 points of Juventus. 

This season is a lot better, changed to a narrow formation with wing backs and I've scored so many goals. 84 goals in 31 games in the league. This comes down to signing Belotti who has 39 goals in 38 games (all competitions).

Other signings this season include Gabriel Jesus, Asensio (loan), Manolas (from Barca, not directly from Roma), Conti for RWB (loan) and a few youngsters.

Last season it was loan signings and Berardi on a permanent (who is now out on loan himself due to formation change).

I am sitting top of the league on GD :D both me and Juventus on 77 points, 7 games left.

After posting that, I realise my next league game is Juventus at home :D 4 days before that? Home to Real Madrid in CL quarter finals... make or break time.

EDIT: Wow, the Real Madrid game was awesome.. we're losing 2-1 and it's the 89th minute...

0ae794f2ac243d5972e5d55cbb9d3579.png

On 2018. 03. 02. at 01:00, ParanoidBuddha said:

Milinkovic-savic is even more expensive after this update :lol:

But he was not upgraded. His PA only 

Spoiler

The same applies to Alisson

Spoiler

PA 158 Lol

But some no-name GK in Everton have 

Spoiler

PA 175

Skriniar's PA only 

Spoiler

Average Serie A player like Salah played half a year in the english league and received a big upgrade

Spoiler

PA 178 LOL

The game is not enjoyable. The researchers are very bad.

To be fair Salah has been fantastic.

But I agree... anyone in the premier league gets ridiculous PA.

Normally the Liverpool researchers don't give players that much potential... I remember Suso only had 130 something.. but look at him now..

Into my 6th season with Roma and i'm quite happy with home my team is doing... BUT. I can't get Patrik Schick or Pietro Pellegri firing on all cylinders... I never get strikers scoring above 25 goals a season, even those top quality strikers.

Without knowing my team, as there quite a few regens, any tips as to how to get the most out of Schick and Pellegri? I play a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-3.

1 hour ago, FMbeginner said:

Into my 6th season with Roma and i'm quite happy with home my team is doing... BUT. I can't get Patrik Schick or Pietro Pellegri firing on all cylinders... I never get strikers scoring above 25 goals a season, even those top quality strikers.

Without knowing my team, as there quite a few regens, any tips as to how to get the most out of Schick and Pellegri? I play a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-3.

Second season i got Schick to score 21 in 28 games.... 3rd season he is DROSS! 24 games 6 goals and 10 assists.

Pellegri in my Liverpool save has been trained to play as a Complete forward and has a 1 in 1 goal ratio with at least 10 assists a seasons.

Regarding my Roma save... i have done it!! IT HAS HAPPENED!!! I have had a GOLDEN GENERATION! 3 out of the 5 are DEFINITELY going to be world class, the other 2 will be Serie A class. 

So excited the sad part is only one of the 3 are considered to be consistent.

Does anyone who has the most recent update know if SI has done anything about Davide Astori? I know Abdelhak Nouri has been left in the game but retires at the end of his contract, as Ajax have promised to honour the comatose player's contract in real life. I'm just wondering whether they have removed Astori as he passed after the update. This probably seems insensitive but I'm just very curious. 

On 05/03/2018 at 14:07, Aizo4576 said:

So my philosophy of focusing on youth and not overspending went out of the window when I realised that Özil (my favourite player IRL) was the perfect player to complete my line up. These are the transfers I ended up making:

c7ed03a8dc314c4dfc37c1d49cebd3c2.png

I had planned to sell both Cuadrado and Matuidi, however both were injured until after the window closed so I decided to loan out Kluivert and Bentancur (I need them to get some first team experience) until Jan when I can then sell Cuadrado and Matuidi.

This is how I am planning to line up this season

146adfa0c7a8139bfa62ca2876c255e0.png

That £25million for Andy Robertson has probably funded Dundee United until 2030

Two seasons more, and we've been absolutely brilliant, winning the title twice with 103 and 105 points respectively! Unfortunately in the CL we've been beaten by PSG twice, in the quarter finals and semi finals. I've been experimenting with Flippo Galli (AC Milan) as my HOYD.

image.thumb.png.7ca0dd974e3de8a60d76eaf4e63c7310.png

image.thumb.png.7a70d51f7abf3b3d627e47921b72eea6.png

The Roma youth products have also been doing fantastic, with a new world class addition, Swiss winger Lorenzo Ruttiman!

image.thumb.png.f2260184f603fc16aa580805ff333aed.png

image.thumb.png.51ec5045effd52a08a1ce01afd62374f.png

image.thumb.png.c76178ee156a45dcdf01d90106336e3c.png

All we have left is to win the CL, then most of these players will have won everything there is to in world football. Have to say I didn't expect this, but managing Roma's been great! :)

great job Flair.

I lost the title everything is season three. Milan stormed the league they won it 3 points clear of me.

We lost too many games.

My scouts recommended i could get Messi for 35-51 million... so I had too i got him on a massive contract and fee of 45 million. 

That was going to be my only spend but then popped up Cavani for 21 million, which i couldnt pass up.

Roma games look to be the thing right now so I have jumped the bandwagon and started one myself.

No-one sold, Patrick Cutrone brought in for 16M up front. Will sell players come January though, don´t really like Bruno Peres, Juan Jesus, Perotti and a couple of others.

This was a big shock for me:

5aa2cd95da927_ScreenShot2018-03-09at17_17_10.thumb.png.276b6e3d560d7c9e4d6cf326769838f2.png

This was also a big shock for me!

5aa2cd9c36033_ScreenShot2018-03-09at17_53_06.thumb.png.863cd5fc4f6614b84a534d10fb31f567.png

Archived