South American FM 18 Challenge

Image result for map of south america

FM18 South American Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Introduction

Well this has been running for some time now although over the last couple of years it has not been as successful as it once was, but I felt we should try and get this up anyway. I wanted to do this challenge in FM 18 so I thought others may want to as well many thanks to @rlipscombe for the layout which I have shamelessly robbed (I will amend it in the future just wanted to get something up)

The premise of the challenge is the same, and simple, to start with a previously unplayable club and taking them all the way to a National Title and then on to winning the South American Champions League. With a variety of leagues, styles of play, different rules, and many different locations for your clubs there can be a lot of variety throughout the thread, providing a great atmosphere and stories for our users to become immersed in. 

General Challenge Info

League Reset Dates

• Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Peru
  • Uruguay - 1st January 

The Rules

A) Game Set-up

1) Load One Nation Only (All Available Divisions within your nation)

2) Your choice of Database Size (Large Recommended)

3) NO Edited Databases of any kind

4) Customising Database 

• You can add players to the database up to a limit of 100,000 in total in order to add more depth to your save and also add more difficulty down the line.

Suggested Adds

• Players from Top Clubs/Top Divisions (Europe or All Continents) - This increases the challenge at Continental Level
  • Players Based in your Nation - This can add up to 50% more players to your game
  • Players Based in your Region (Central Europe/East Europe/UK & Ireland) - This can add extra players likely to join your club
  • There will be a file correcting the club/competition names, I will advise use of this.
  • NO other additional customising is allowed.

5) Attribute Masking should be Enabled

6) Disable Ingame Editor (Please do this)

7) Optional Ticks

• Add Key Staff (This will give you a Scout, Physio & Ass Man by generating them if your club is without)
  • Add Players in Playable Nations (This will ensure all clubs have a minimum number of players, generating them if needed)

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.

B) Steps in the Game

1) Add an unemployed manager; you will not use this man to manage your club. I like "Unemployed Man or Holiday Man"

2) Go on holiday until the reset date of your chosen nation (Should take about an hour)

TIP -

Changing

Detail Level to None

will make it go faster. (Remember to change it back afterwards)

TIP - Saving on the day before this date may give you a better choice of teams by reloading the game then going on holiday for one day, I would strongly recommend trying this.

3) Add a new manager - Use yourself, or a created character to help build a story line

a) Personal Details

- Your Choice

b) Tracksuit vs. Trainer

- Your Choice

c) Past Experience lowest Possible (Generally Sunday League)

d) Coaching Licenses lowest Possible (None)

e) Other options are up to you

TIP - If you add the language of your country of choice it will make it easier at the beginning

TIP - Training now includes you at some level depending on your abilities.

4) Choose to take over any club which has been promoted to the bottom playable league of your nation.

TIP - Easiest way in FM17 to see this is on the "Season Review" screen, showing the "Promoted Clubs"

TIP - You can confirm your club by checking the Domestic History's page for not being at this level since start of game

5) Retire your unemployed manager.

6) Manage your club to National Title & European Champions League Victory

7) Completing the Challenge.

C) Signing of Players

1) You must be able to scout them

TIP - You don't actually have to scout them, just be able to

TIP - You can check your scouting range on the Scouting page

2) Alternatively (If you can't scout them), you must bring them on a trial first

3) You are able to sign anyone sent to you via Agent Offer

TIP - Make sure you screenshot the Agent offer

4) In later versions you can get your DoF to find players, he will bring in players not in Scouting Range, these are also allowed.

TIP - Grab a screenshot of your DoF signing them

D) Posting

1) Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

2) Discussion of tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Expected Updates

We have minimum expectations when it comes to a first up post and also in the end of season updates. The Bold pages are necessary for everyone; the others are some suggestions that will get others interested in your posts and following your club. All other screenshots are welcome and encouraged, but we please ask that the majority are posted as links, because lots of pictures can make the page very slow to load.

First Post:

Domestic Leagues History (Club)

Profile (Manager)

Overview (Club)

Squad (Club)

End of Season Updates:

Transfers (Club) - This is so we can see the ins & outs

League Table (Competition)

Squad (Club)

Information (Manager)

Profile (Manager)

Information (Club)

Profile (Players)

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread; we want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep us updated, even if you are doing badly. If you title your end of season report in bold this makes it easier to identify. Everyone will be supportive, and really get into your game if you give more detail.

E) Other

1.        If you are Sacked

1.       You can Restart from the beginning or;

2.       Continue your game and pick a new club (Under Same Rules) at the end of the next season or;

3.       Add another Euro League/Remove Current League, holiday a whole season and continue

1.       You can still only have one nation running at a time

2.       Once the league becomes active you MUST holiday a full season

3.       The club must be one of those unplayable from the beginning

2.       No Restrictions on Parent or Feeder Clubs

3.        International Management allowed from FM14 forwards (But you cannot start as an International Manager)

The use of any external utilities and editors (Such as Genie Scout or FMM) are prohibited. As of FM14 there are also unlockables, these are also prohibited, please don't use them. It would be appreciated if you also ticked the box at the start which prevents the use of the ingame editor.

How to Post a Screenshot

1) While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2) Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3) Save the file as a JPEG or PNG

4) Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5) Post the direct URL to the image here.

Alternatively using ALT + F9 in game saves a screenshot to your user data folder. (You can also edit this in the shortcuts options)

2 minutes ago, fabreth said:

I was thinking of creating a similar challenge, but I would have made a "Non-European" challenge, to include Asia and (South)Africa :)

I may jump in this one day.

I was thinking that, I did actually call it rest of the world challenge. I may change it

Come on boar good fun mate

@ashton321 - not a problem in taking my template.  If i had done the thread i would have done the same.  As Fabreth said, it could have been done as a 'rest of the world' thread but I would keep it at this personally (except for maybe adding USA to make it an 'Americas' thread.....)  Completely up to you though, as it is your thread....

Good luck with it. :thup:

Archived