Edited champions league Rules and Prizes

Branquinho1997

Hey , some time ago i wrote a thread that i wanted to change the prize money of the champions and europa league.

Now I know how it´s done and I did that and when i went to simulate the champions league and see if it works on FM 2018 , my game crashes on 23rd of May and the champions league final is not playable because of that crash.

What can i do?

Branquinho-Holanda.fmf

Edited by Branquinho1997
Adding more text to explain

Am 2.12.2017 um 11:52 schrieb Branquinho1997:

Hey , some time ago i wrote a thread that i wanted to change the prize money of the champions and europa league.

Now I know how it´s done and I did that and when i went to simulate the champions league and see if it works on FM 2018 , my game crashes on 23rd of May and the champions league final is not playable because of that crash.

What can i do?

Branquinho-Holanda.fmf

Test the Rules among Rules/Test Rules, then the Editor would send you all mistakes you made :)

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Branquinho1997:

I tested and everything works fine , but when i go to play it crashes on the final of the champions league

I downloaded it and I have to say you made a big mistake.

You have changed it under a trick that is only for looking at the systems etc., if you want to change it completely, you have to do it here:

Unbenannt.png

Only you have to rebuild everything there again.

If you want to try it, you could by the way open the FM17 editor with this file:

https://www.fmscout.com/c-fm17-scenarios.html?id=4337

From that you can copy it 1 to 1 and then change only that you do not like. :)

21 hours ago, davie77 said:

I downloaded it and I have to say you made a big mistake.

You have changed it under a trick that is only for looking at the systems etc., if you want to change it completely, you have to do it here:

Unbenannt.png

Only you have to rebuild everything there again.

If you want to try it, you could by the way open the FM17 editor with this file:

https://www.fmscout.com/c-fm17-scenarios.html?id=4337

From that you can copy it 1 to 1 and then change only that you do not like. :)

i followed this example:

View Advanced Rules For Continental Competitions - thanks to kingrobbo

'If you want to see the advanced rules to e.g. Champions League/World Cup etc just give it a playable nation.

Go to add lower leagues to that nation then convert it to advanced rules and you will see Champions League rules in the list. This can be done for any continental comp.

PLEASE NOTE you do not get the same details for international comps you do with continental ones

I didn´t knew that  and i though it was the right thing but if you say that i have to build everything on the FM 2018 Editor , i belive you.

btw do you have skype so  you can help me?

Edited by Branquinho1997
more text to explain my point

97309caf9c7f8e9a9b7025f5893f83d1.jpg

the trick works fine you can edit the rules that way

I dont test in editor as it has been bugged for years and throws out misleading info

run the file in game on holiday for a few seasons

I have run my file for 10 years no issues at all

the crash may be something else totally unrelated and you need to report in bugs forums

for what you want to do you do not have to recreate the whole comp...doing so brings its own complications as the coefficients is still bugged so can cause  more issues for a long term save

from the screenshot you will see I have changed prize money I have done a few other things too

15 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

97309caf9c7f8e9a9b7025f5893f83d1.jpg

the trick works fine you can edit the rules that way

I dont test in editor as it has been bugged for years and throws out misleading info

run the file in game on holiday for a few seasons

I have run my file for 10 years no issues at all

the crash may be something else totally unrelated and you need to report in bugs forums

for what you want to do you do not have to recreate the whole comp...doing so brings its own complications as the coefficients is still bugged so can cause  more issues for a long term save

from the screenshot you will see I have changed prize money I have done a few other things too

do you have skype so you can explain me  what to do? I´m so confused right now... 

If you could explain me , i would appreciate a lot :D

Edited by Branquinho1997

i dont skype

once you have opened those rules it is the same as editing any other nations rules(except you cant access fixture rules this way, you dont need to tho as what you want is done easily this way) 

if you are getting a crash on that date all the time its the bugs forum and as said earlier might not be this at all could be graphics etc etc

remove this edited file and run a test in game for a few years

then add this file do the same if error/crash then you know for report to bugs 

11 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

i dont skype

once you have opened those rules it is the same as editing any other nations rules(except you cant access fixture rules this way, you dont need to tho as what you want is done easily this way) 

if you are getting a crash on that date all the time its the bugs forum and as said earlier might not be this at all could be graphics etc etc

remove this edited file and run a test in game for a few years

then add this file do the same if error/crash then you know for report to bugs 

i tried to run for  some years but when it gets to the champions league final it crashes and i cannot simulate more .

I will put a thread on the bugs section.

1 minute ago, kingrobbo said:

no thanks report as bug

did you only change prize money for that final did you move date or anything like that??

only changed prize money for the champions league stages , no dates or anything like that changed

Edited by Branquinho1997

report as bug

as said I have done much more than that run for 10 years no issues

been doing this for several years

rebuiding the whole comp is very time consuming I have done this ...but its still bugged squad selection rules/coefficients so pointless doing it

1 hour ago, kingrobbo said:

report as bug

as said I have done much more than that run for 10 years no issues

been doing this for several years

rebuiding the whole comp is very time consuming I have done this ...but its still bugged squad selection rules/coefficients so pointless doing it

no problem i understand :D

I will report as a bug so they can investigate thanks :D

55 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

take a look at this Carlito has done a superb job

I know about his work , i was using one of his files but that file that i was using the champions league was stuck on group stage and i now i was talking to him about that .

Thanks for the suggestion

34 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

think he has resolved that it was just a minor glitch

and now i have another . when i go to a champions league game , i cant register any players  and i have to go on holiday so the match gets played , do you know what it is?

vor 1 Minute schrieb Branquinho1997:

and now i have another . when i go to a champions league game , i cant register any players  and i have to go on holiday so the match gets played , do you know what it is?

That was a bug in the beta version but should be fixed now. Are you playing 10.1.3?

6 minutes ago, Branquinho1997 said:

thats the major bud when recreating the whole comp

thats why there is no point its a mess mate

just use the simplest way

there are many of us experienced editors spent months on this only to find bugs in game so I and many others have stopped editing

1 minute ago, kingrobbo said:

thats the major bud when recreating the whole comp

thats why there is no point its a mess mate

just use the simplest way

there are many of us experienced editors spent months on this only to find bugs in game so I and many others have stopped editing

i didnt recreat the champions league .

i´m using a file from carlito and this is happening

Edited by Branquinho1997
i was mistaken

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...