FM08: The American Samoan Zero to Hero Challenge

Intro

For FM08.....

Wandsfan93 and I have made a database where we have swapped the Hong Kong league with the American Samoan FA Soccer League to make it playable by using the data editor.

The Aim

The Aim of this challenge is to win the the Oceania Club Championship and the league with any of the teams playable in the American Samoan League. But thats not it you will also be managing the American Samoa International Team and you will have to try and win the world cup with them. This Challlenge is very hard as ive been the national team before and only won twice in three years. You could even make it harder by playing with one of the newly promoted teams by holidaying a season.

Tips+Info

At the start of the game chose to be the manager of the national team and then apply for the job at one of the club teams as they are all managerless

When you get enough money upgrade your youth and training facilities as this will improve the regen standard and get better players for the national team

PanSa Fc have 250 reputation , Konika has 100 and all the rest of the teams have 50 reputation

There are some decent Hong Kong players for the league standard at lower league teams

Use Player Search filter as your scouts are pretty bad.

Get decent staff for your club and national team

You play 18 matches in the league due to there only being 10 teams

These clubs value range from 5-12k

It may be better to play a defensive formation with the national team as they get hammered alot thye are famous for the 31-0 thrasing they got from Austraila

Load all American Samoan players

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=05BN4EHJ

To download the file:

1. Open the link above

2. Type in the letters in the top right corner and click download

3. When the option box appears, select 'open'

4. Wait for the file to download fully.

5. Extract the database to "C:, (Your Name), My Documents, Sports Interactive, Football Manager 2008, db, (database file here)

6. You can then select the database to use, and start a new game as usual from the Football Manager opening screen. Remember to select the database ASFA Soccer League.

To post screenshots in this thread

1. While in FM, press the 'Print Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.com

Personally I prefer photobucket, but you will have to make an account.

5. Post the direct URL to the image on this thread.

Screenshots would be welcomed and ask for help if needed :) and Good Luck you'll be needing it

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roberto922

Pretty good challenge, only problem is that alot of people have basically stopped playing FM 08 now, if I was you I'd repost this when 09 comes out?

Yeah, well I made this for a laugh a while back, and I'm guessing Linfield thought it was a good idea to make a sort of "last hoorah" challenge. 09 will have this, as at least 1 of us will make it. Besides, I have a low-end computer at home which is slow enough as it is, and FM09 may not help, so I'll probably have to save up to get some more RAM.

Aww... I liked the Leone Lions one. I made it to be like lions (sort of, it ain't easy to get it EXACT). What did you change them to? If you want, you could just list it, but I had:

Pago Pago - Green/white quaters

Leone Lions - orange/black hoops

Pago Eagles - blue with white/red double stripe down left.

i'll tell ya what i'll do. I'll just get my database on my other computer, remove all players/managers and restore it to original reps so i can update you on that, as it'll be virtually the same just with slightly different kits. what was the rep of the league though, and do the club have youth academies/good training facilities (out of 20)? Oh yeah and did you make any chairmen?

Archived