FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Nope. I have other saves to play as other teams, i like to have a "Fergie-like Era"

How good is Keirrison!? He's coming in when i rest either Berbatov or Rooney & he's really adapting.

Early Season Update

After 7 games i'm sitting top of the league losing only one game, away to Wigan 1-0. I couldn't believe it either, Emile Heskey in the 82nd minute. Since then i haven't looked back, demolishing both Tottenham away 4-1 & Schalke at Old Trafford 3-0. The real tests are coming soon against Arsenal & Chelsea but i feel fairly confident for the season ahead. I'll update again after the 18 game, then every 10 games.

I'm gonna start posting screenies aswell so that people can give advice and views.

Transfers

The close of the transfer window brought somewhat of a splash from myself due to selling Park for £25m to Manchester City...

In came Giovinco, Ramiries, Kierrison, Saviet & Davide Santon. To add to my addtions from earlier(Veloso, Moutinho). I agreed several deals for the summer, i could sense i would lose out on them if i tried to wait. In comes :

- Alberto Zapater - Real Zaragoza - £8m

- Sergio Ansejo - Real Valladoid - £7.75m

Im also currently negotiating a deal to bring in Hugo Lloris who is transfer listed by request ay Lyon, anyone think he's worth it seeing as i have Ben Foster & Ansejo coming in?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just drawn 0-0 with Villa then 0-0 with Villareal. Barely created a clear cut chance + the strikers were virtually non-existent in both games. Its so frustrating, really feel a team like United should be winning these kind of games easily. If it carries on like this I might have to go back to FM06. Wait, hang on, this was actually in real life - my mistake!

Just drawn 0-0 with Villa then 0-0 with Villareal. Barely created a clear cut chance + the strikers were virtually non-existent in both games. Its so frustrating, really feel a team like United should be winning these kind of games easily. If it carries on like this I might have to go back to FM06. Wait, hang on, this was actually in real life - my mistake!

lol. i know what you mean. they need to sort it out.. dont wanna be losing to city again on the weekend

to be honest, it does show the whingers that are saying the game is broken etc that real football is like that too, and if you don't change things around then its not going to get any better, when your playing teams with similar tactics at least

Guys anyone has worked on removing PPM (like Removing shoot from Distance for Rooney to force him to score in box)?

Tutors for twins Rafael and Fabio respectively Neville and Giggs ?

Possebon with Hargreaves ?

If anyone has tested this area of the game feedbacks are more than welcome

cheers

Transfers

The close of the transfer window brought somewhat of a splash from myself due to selling Park for £25m to Manchester City...

In came Giovinco, Ramiries, Kierrison, Saviet & Davide Santon. To add to my addtions from earlier(Veloso, Moutinho). I agreed several deals for the summer, i could sense i would lose out on them if i tried to wait. In comes :

- Alberto Zapater - Real Zaragoza - £8m

- Sergio Ansejo - Real Valladoid - £7.75m

Im also currently negotiating a deal to bring in Hugo Lloris who is transfer listed by request ay Lyon, anyone think he's worth it seeing as i have Ben Foster & Ansejo coming in?

City will buy anyone!

You don't need Zapater. Asenjo is great but you might as well buy Lloris if he's quite cheap, then rotate Lloris with Foster and use Asenjo for League Cup and CL games.

Screenshot of Keirrison's profile and coach report?

Guys anyone has worked on removing PPM (like Removing shoot from Distance for Rooney to force him to score in box)?

Tutors for twins Rafael and Fabio respectively Neville and Giggs ?

Possebon with Hargreaves ?

If anyone has tested this area of the game feedbacks are more than welcome

cheers

Not sure if its cos I'm down as Ex-Pro and not Ex-Int, but Rooney won't reduce his shots from distance, however if you knock him down to rarely for long shots in the tactics, he'll only do it when needed and scores some beauts

Not tried with tutors yet, maybe tonight

Well its the 1st June 2009 and time for my first end of season round up.

Well what a season, in all the years i have been playing the game i have never achieved what i did on this game in my first season, i won everything i could win.

European Super Cup beat Zenit 2-0 Rooney gettin the first with Sebastien puygrenier giving me an Own goal.

Charity Shield beat Pompy with Rooney Carrick and Berbatov all on the score sheet, Kaboul also got sent off but game was won by then

World club championships beat LDU de Quito 4-0 with |Tevez getting 2 Ronaldo and Tosic getting the other 2.

League Cup beat Arsenal 6-3 after extra time, the 30 mins in extra time was some of the best football i had seen my team play, scorers where Berbatov with 2 and Fletcher, Tevez, Anderson and Ronaldo all getting one.

Premiership, finished on 84 points beating 2nd place arsenal by 5, through the season i won 26 drew 6 and lost 6, on a hole im happy with winning the league of course but some of my results during the season i was not happy with and will be sure to get a bit more consistant next year.

European Cup, Beat Barcelona 2-1 in extra time Evra and Tosic getting the goals

Fa Cup beat Chelsea 2-0 with Nani and Tosic grabbing the goals.

Top 5 player ratings

Ronaldo 42(13) apps, 25 goals and 7.37 adv rating

Evra 47 apps, 2 goals and 7.26 adv rating

Neville 40(1) apps, 1 goal and 7.20 adv rating

Vidic 57 apps, 2 goals and 7.15 adv rating

Brown 28(7), no goals and 7.13 adv rating

Top 5 goal scorers

Berbatov 28 goals

Ronaldo 25 goals

Tevez 20 goals

Rooney 14 goals

Tosic, Anderson and Carrick all on 6 goals

OUTS

Only sale i made was Park fpor 8 mill, thought i was doing well with that till i read on here what people got for him.

INS

Summer

Zoran Tosic 8.5M

Saivet 5.75M

January

Van Der Vaart 11M

Michael Owen 3.1M

All in all a very good season with what i won, but highly disapointed in Rooney in 43(9) apps he managed 14 goals and 14 assists.for some reason thats not quite what i expect or am i being too harsh.

Thoughts and opinions would be welcome, thanks

I thought you already had the game and tyou're in your second season? Or did you break the disc after that City result?

You've mistaken me for someone else Gra. I've just started my game. So what does everyone think about selling Fletcher? I want to hold on to him but he looks a tad underrated and I can sell him for £20m +...

And Nani got injured for three months in the same game. Ridiculous. That was his first game back from suspension and injury. Ridiculous. He was my best player in pre-season too. At least I won 3-2, not thanks to Ferdinand or Rooney.

Sell Fletcher!!! He's not that great on this one and the amount you can get is ridiculous. You can safely get £20m+. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get £40m. All from Man City ofc.

Adiee

Look at this, might help:

IV. How do I Post a Screenshot?

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Or

1. Ensure that Football Manager 2008 is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press Alt+F9

4. A screenshot of what you want will be saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Screenshots

5. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

6. Post the Direct URL onto this site

I have also lost about 10mio EURO a month... at the end of the first season rumours of a takeover start spreading, a few days later a transfer embargo in place and yet another few days later a new chairman took over the club and put 437mio EUR into the club... how nice is that? :) the second season will be a good one I reckon

Rooney's just scored his 71st goal of the season!!!

thats just totally unrealistic and im bloody glad it is not happening in my games to be honest as i would be deleted that game and starting again.

That said, having to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game at the moment due to some xml error on loading the game... wont work at all at the moment :s

thats just totally unrealistic and im bloody glad it is not happening in my games to be honest as i would be deleted that game and starting again.

That said, having to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game at the moment due to some xml error on loading the game... wont work at all at the moment :s

Think it may be a bug(?)

Now I've learnt how to do this, I'll post my fixtures/results up and you won't believe your eyes!!

71 goals? Clearly unrealistic. I'm glad he's doing crap on mine. It represents him properly. But Berbatov has 6 goals in 4? No idea how. Pretty lucky goals especially his hattrick against Zenit where he had 2 free headers and a tap in. That said, he should have had at least 5 more with the shots cannoning off crossbars.

Of course it's serious!

Teams are hardly having shots on goal, I'm dominating that much, although, I struggled for periods against Fulham just then, coming away with a 5-2 win! Rooney hatrick!!

I've Rooney as the target man.

Your aware that tactics don't necessary instantly work? Also unless you have the exact same individual instructions as him there not going to do similar things/results.

You're right.

When I've got time, I'll upload each positions' individual instructions - it'll be time consuming and am unable to do it at this moment in time.

Adiee

You know you can just export your tactic from FM09 into a .tac file? And then you just need to upload it for people?

Is that so? Well I'll do that then.

How do I upload a tactic then? Lol. My PC skills aren't that great!!

Adiee

Okay, well from the top of my head it will be something like this:

In FM09, go to your tactics screen. Click the little drop down menu and click "save" name it something (Keep the name clean please! lol). Exit FM09 and Go to your documents > sports interactive > fm09 > tactics. Within there you will have the tactic you saved.

Then simply go to mega upload site and upload it there, then link it to the download.

Rough guide, should have it right though :thup:

hopey i know... that why i asked him if there individual settings... but i tried it on what he provided and got slaughtered well and truelly.

and from what he said that tactic was "instant" success hence why i commented.

rberbe2002, yes it about sorting yourself, but there no reason to try figure out why the results are absolutely rediculous... if a tactic can win 17-0 against liverpools 1st team then there something wrong with the match engine.

Adiee - could you upload your saved game somewhere? I want to watch a few of them matches and see what is happening in them and that would be by far the easiest way to do so as i can watch all of them. Would be most grateful (also easier then uploading the tactic as all you got to do is go straight to your saved game folder and upload the saved game whihc is there instead of exporting stuff)

Archived