Deeper involvement in pre-academy youth recruitment

yooki

We see it very often today - clubs (especially the big ones) have football schools, camps and tournaments for youth (U16 and even younger) around the world. I imagine something like that could be really nice in FM - you have your youth recruitment budget and you can allocate some of it to various programs - like create a youth camp in Belgium cause of the ridiculous amount of talent there recently, or a school in Asia where the sport is popular but there's not enough coaching. the yearly youth intake could be affected by these centers of course.

the relevant staff could give you suggestions or you could even delegate it completely, but to me, it'd break the illusion that regens appear out of nowhere like newborns, which is of course absurd and unrealistic. 

On 09/02/2018 at 13:25, yooki said:

We see it very often today - clubs (especially the big ones) have football schools, camps and tournaments for youth (U16 and even younger) around the world. I imagine something like that could be really nice in FM - you have your youth recruitment budget and you can allocate some of it to various programs - like create a youth camp in Belgium cause of the ridiculous amount of talent there recently, or a school in Asia where the sport is popular but there's not enough coaching. the yearly youth intake could be affected by these centers of course.

the relevant staff could give you suggestions or you could even delegate it completely, but to me, it'd break the illusion that regens appear out of nowhere like newborns, which is of course absurd and unrealistic. 

Considering that clubs cannot legally sign players from overseas until they are 18 & the newgen system generates players between the ages of 13-16 I’m not sure how the idea you’ve had would offer anything new.

It’s a good idea but the practicalities of it don’t seem to work.

• 8 months later...

Archived