Second Season doesn't begin

PrinceMalu

I've been working on this Canadian Football Pyramid for a couple of months now, I originally created it on FM17 but have converted it to FM18 and i'm not sure what the issue is but a second season never begins for any of the leagues in Canada. I'm sure im missing something simple but I've tried almost everything over the last couple of days and can't seem to figure out the issue. Any ideas on how to correct this problem? Thanks.

Just now, krlenjushka said:

first - when you add competitions always use "edited rules" instead of "overrides rules". also delete season update day from competitions- you have this setting under nation.

I did both of these and the second season still doesn't start, any other idea on what i might be doing wrong?

I have checked the file, removed the 2018 start year from the top league (which did the trick), also added competition level for "level 7" parent division because it wasn't there yet and in Canada -> competitions I changed that Ontario second division (of level  7) to its parent division "level 7" because you set it as a parent/child.

Plus as a bonus, one of your cups had a league stage 0 - top teams are champions and a cup stage 1 - winners are champions in stage 0 which handed out double champions, nothing big but still a minor oversight. Can't blame you with the big list of competitions.

Now I'll run the file in-game to check and post it if it works. It did properly when using "test competitions" in the editor after I changed all I wrote above, so it has to work in the game too.

Just now, Slabbekoorn said:

I have checked the file, removed the 2018 start year from the top league (which did the trick), also added competition level for "level 7" parent division because it wasn't there yet and in Canada -> competitions I changed that Ontario second division (of level  7) to its parent division "level 7" because you set it as a parent/child.

Plus as a bonus, one of your cups had a league stage 0 - top teams are champions and a cup stage 1 - winners are champions in stage 0 which handed out double champions, nothing big but still a minor oversight. Can't blame you with the big list of competitions.

Now I'll run the file in-game to check and post it if it works. It did properly when using "test competitions" in the editor after I changed all I wrote above, so it has to work in the game too.

Thanks very much for looking over it man, let me know if the second season starts in-game. 

Just now, Slabbekoorn said:

The changes worked. I started in 2017 and holidayed until 2019 and 3 seasons were drawn! Now I'll figure out how to let your league start in jan 2018 instead of 2017, that probably happened when you imported the file. Then I'll post it here for you.

No need buddy I've decided to just release the database with the CPL starting in 2017, please don't go through all the trouble of figuring it out it out as it works just as well with the CPL starting in 2017. Thanks for the help.

43 minutes ago, PrinceMalu said:

No need buddy I've decided to just release the database with the CPL starting in 2017, please don't go through all the trouble of figuring it out it out as it works just as well with the CPL starting in 2017. Thanks for the help.

No it's actually easy to do, just add start dates under nation and add new ones with a "1" as year offset. Look:
5a91ac690f1f6_startdateseditor.thumb.png.1806ff46afd4fbe60fd42edd746ab585.png
5a91ac6e2f0d7_startdatein-game.thumb.png.2c32bd569987c460bba5d1d453e94b5c.png

I'm now verifying the file again for you and I'll post it once it's done.

54 minutes ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Here you go:
5a915e5782a06_CanadianPyramid_26EDD39F-63EF-4228-9DB8-B9B443541481.fmf

But you should look at the following I guess, players seem to be on holiday when the Canadian Trophy Cup is scheduled.
5a91b5b25e586_CanadianChallengeTrophy.thumb.png.090e9c83f0fb0ea7137e3f37a4cfa97a.png

OK I'll definitely have a look into this, thanks very much for your help man

Archived