Anyone Have An FM18 Empty DB?

Syze

He probably means a database with no real personnel: no real players, no real staff, nothing. FM generates all the players and staff. Don't try loading it in the pre-game Editor since all these changes take quite a long time to actually load. Also, they're loaded in the RAM, so if you don't have much RAM to spare forget it. I managed to load it with an i5-6600K and 16GB of RAM, and it still took a long, LONG time. I've experimented with it in FM17; the results are interesting. Here is the FM17.3 version.

https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/31899/empty-database

Edited by BMNJohn

3 hours ago, shimera said:

Interesting, will test it out. I have tried to do the same idea before but it crashed upon loading in the game. Hopefully this one will work.

Do you want to know anything about what you should expect fist?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 05/03/2018 at 17:41, Boy_Wonda said:

Yeah, I've been looking for one too.

An empty DB, then ticking fill playable squads and getting the true fake player experience rather than players just being renamed.

A bit of a late reply, but you don't really get that. FM will generate players who have up to 115CA and PA as well as a few youngsters with world-class PA (over 150-175 range). It takes a good decade for things to stabilize again... somewhat. In reality, reputation is such a huge part of FM that besides a few surprises here and there, most big clubs stay big and small clubs stay small. The same goes for the top 5 leagues in Europe. Below that, the rest of the top 10 and further can get quite shaken up, especially if one of the smaller teams can do a good run in the Champions' League early on, which can definitively  happen since all team swill have players of similar quality. It will boost their reputation by a lot and pull the reputation of their league up quite a bit. But you can expect the richest leagues to stay rich, and especially England.

• 2 years later...