Awards recipients - How are they selected?

My apology if this has been raised before (I checked on the first page, none on this topic).

How are awards selected? More specifically, those that were more 'subjective' in nature, i.e. non top scorer-type.

An example can be seen below. My goalie, Geronimo, has played better than DDG this past season in the Premier League, allowed less goals, had much higher pass completion ratio, thus better average rating (0.28 more). But then DDG was selected as the "English Premier Division Golden Glove" winner. How is this possible? What is the reasoning? Geronimo played less games, yes, but not significantly less (33 to DDG's 38) and he let less goals in per ninety minutes anyway.

Geronimo Rulli 18-19.html

David De Gea 18-19.html

I've played FM/CM for two decades now and this has been a quirk that I noticed in the games year after year but never could be bothered to post about this. Thanks for shedding the light.

The Golden Glove award is determined by whoever keeps the most clean sheets in the league that season.

For the Best Player type awards it's general down to Reputation and/or Average Rating, you also generally need to have obtained a certain amount of appearances to count for most of the awards.

23 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The Golden Glove award is determined by whoever keeps the most clean sheets in the league that season.

For the Best Player type awards it's general down to Reputation and/or Average Rating, you also generally need to have obtained a certain amount of appearances to count for most of the awards.

So when you get the option to vote on players awards...what does this do exactly?

Archived