Tactic Thoughts

Hello folks.

Ive been working on a new tactic over the last few days and id maybe like to see what the community think of it.Im hoping that its going to be a success.

Its a 5-3-2 kind of setup if you can call it that with wing backs concentrating on getting crosses in.

What do u think?

tac 1.PNG

Hamilton Academical_  Overview.png

Why did you choose 'hit early crosses'? It seems to me that, when asking your players to do that, they will put the crosses only to the strikers, because the midfielders are too far from the box if the cross is made from far away. If you use crosses naturally, nearer the byline, that will give the BBM time to get up front and be one extra man to receive the ball from the cross.

Anyway, I'd like to see a midfield trio a bit more adventurous but it's up to you to see how the team performs.

Just now, kingjericho said:

Why did you choose 'hit early crosses'? It seems to me that, when asking your players to do that, they will put the crosses only to the strikers, because the midfielders are too far from the box if the cross is made from far away. If you use crosses naturally, nearer the byline, that will give the BBM time to get up front and be one extra man to receive the ball from the cross.

Anyway, I'd like to see a midfield trio a bit more adventurous but it's up to you to see how the team performs.

Hmm thats a fair shout in regards to the early crossing TI i never thought of that in all honesty.What would you suggest with the midfield?

1 hour ago, steff91 said:

Hmm thats a fair shout in regards to the early crossing TI i never thought of that in all honesty.What would you suggest with the midfield?

I really like the BBM role, but in this particular setup I'm not sure if you need one of the CMs to track back to defend like the BBM does. You already have a DM, plus the two WB and the 3 CBs, so I reckon you could have the CM pairing more adventurous, e.g. a CM/s and a CM/a, or a Mez/a. This way, you'd have a CM who is more focused on forward runs, and that will be helpful because the Poacher is a fairly static role so it's good to have someone run from behind often, like a CM/a or a Mez/a do. You can also use a AP if you want to focus your game through a primary creative player.

Just now, kingjericho said:

I really like the BBM role, but in this particular setup I'm not sure if you need one of the CMs to track back to defend like the BBM does. You already have a DM, plus the two WB and the 3 CBs, so I reckon you could have the CM pairing more adventurous, e.g. a CM/s and a CM/a, or a Mez/a. This way, you'd have a CM who is more focused on forward runs, and that will be helpful because the Poacher is a fairly static role so it's good to have someone run from behind often, like a CM/a or a Mez/a do. You can also use a AP if you want to focus your game through a primary creative player.

Thanks i'll certainly check this out!!!

If you aren't getting enough options in/around the opposition goal you could try giving 1 cm an attacking duty or different role that supports a more adventurous/creative playstyle for that player.

Watch a few matches, see how it plays out, and try the change, then see how much of a difference it makes.

little tweaks are much easier to track & observe than several major changes

Archived