The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

13 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Seems like claassen's updates won't be coming out anytime soon. :( Might just try my luck with the dafuge's challenge, something I've never properly attempted. A thread could be coming up tomorrow or on Monday.

I've just noticed that too. 

I was tempted to have a little go at FMT but opted for a proper go at the dafuge challenge instead. 

I have taken over Arsenal and will holiday for a season while accepting all offers on all players. :lol:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could really decide what I want to do though. Right now it could be virtually anything between League One and dafuge in England, or pretty much any non-Old Firm SPL side. Or maybe something else will spring to mind before I actually get started. I don't know.

37 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

I wish I could really decide what I want to do though. Right now it could be virtually anything between League One and dafuge in England, or pretty much any non-Old Firm SPL side. Or maybe something else will spring to mind before I actually get started. I don't know.

Fraud it up

3 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

He'll be alright as long as he has someone Luching out for him.

:brock:

Think I'm just going to give up on that save. No idea what to do or how to fix it and going to be sacked soon. I'll call it a test run. Concord Rangers, here we come! I at least know what I'm doing in England

20 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

@abulezz Kafra FC threads are always great, as are @Maw74 Stopsley and Mawborough saves each year(also played on FMT/C, which is awesome, those versions don't get enough love).

Thanks for the mention :thup:, My Mawborough game will continue on FMC15 but might be on hold for a while as I get into my new game with Stopsley and yeah Kafra FC is one of my favourite updates ever, just great stuff by @abulezz.

@Greyfriars Bobby, It would be great to have another create-a-club save to follow on here, I like to follow various types of saves anyway be it fantasy club, manager etc, also even though I play the Touch/Classic version I'm still interested in seeing and following others playing Full Fat.

Normally don't really bother with video careers, anyway now I am hooked on both of @coady updates, top work.:thup:

On 19/10/2018 at 19:25, Maw74 said:

Yeah I am the same, purchased the Touch version but just feel meh, I'm back further than 18 though, I am still loving 15 and recently started a new game on that so probably the reason I feel like I do.

Yeah well that soon changed lol

6 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Anyone else playing in Vanarama North/South? 

If so, are your rearranged midweek fixtures being played on a Thursday? Had a few weeks where I've played Saturday/Thursday/Saturday. Instead of a Tuesday or Wednesday. 

I had it once, not enough to be an issue yet (it does tend to happen IRL too, to be fair to SI).

8 hours ago, Maw74 said:

Thanks for the mention :thup:, My Mawborough game will continue on FMC15 but might be on hold for a while as I get into my new game with Stopsley and yeah Kafra FC is one of my favourite updates ever, just great stuff by @abulezz.

@Greyfriars Bobby, It would be great to have another create-a-club save to follow on here, I like to follow various types of saves anyway be it fantasy club, manager etc, also even though I play the Touch/Classic version I'm still interested in seeing and following others playing Full Fat.

Normally don't really bother with video careers, anyway now I am hooked on both of @coady updates, top work.:thup:

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying them. As someone who's quite new to videos it's much appreciated! :thup:

Edited by coady

I've decided to put my Create-a-Club idea(s) into motion.  I've actually created TWO clubs:  one in the Norwegian Premier Division, and one in the English Southern League Premier Central, courtesy of an edited database I found on this forum.  I think assembling my teams is almost as much fun as playing through the season.  

I'm a storyteller by nature, so I'm going to build a story line around the events on the pitch.  I've enjoyed doing that with Out of the Park Baseball, and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in here, too.

The friendly welcome I received here makes me feel like this will be a fun place to spend time, read, and write.  

Now I have to decide which save I'm going to feature first...   :)

1 hour ago, Greyfriars Bobby said:

I've decided to put my Create-a-Club idea(s) into motion.  I've actually created TWO clubs:  one in the Norwegian Premier Division, and one in the English Southern League Premier Central, courtesy of an edited database I found on this forum.  I think assembling my teams is almost as much fun as playing through the season.  

I'm a storyteller by nature, so I'm going to build a story line around the events on the pitch.  I've enjoyed doing that with Out of the Park Baseball, and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in here, too.

The friendly welcome I received here makes me feel like this will be a fun place to spend time, read, and write.  

Now I have to decide which save I'm going to feature first...   :)

Norway was the site of my first thread to take off on here, there are some great clubs there, so it definitely gets my vote.

On 03/11/2018 at 21:40, Rikulec said:

Seems like claassen's updates won't be coming out anytime soon. :( Might just try my luck with the dafuge's challenge, something I've never properly attempted. A thread could be coming up tomorrow or on Monday.

He's got a France database going down to level 5 if you are interested. I'm having a look now. 

I can't keep my promise of having one permanent save, guys. I'm really sorry :(

Guess i'll fiddle with the editor a little bit more... Dang I really wished I could've kept it up. I hate not getting into saves, this way i'll never get any silverware whatsoever after that one Dutch Super Cup.

52 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

I can't keep my promise of having one permanent save, guys. I'm really sorry :(

Guess i'll fiddle with the editor a little bit more... Dang I really wished I could've kept it up. I hate not getting into saves, this way i'll never get any silverware whatsoever after that one Dutch Super Cup.

Come fraud with us

I'm not entirely sure yet if I will join as I figured that making my own, fictional world could be very cool too. Order the world football in exactly the way I want it and then experience it sounds like a better plan than trying to force myself into enjoying real life things. Right now i'm updating the promotions/relegations of the big 5's playable divisions, just to give an example.

Edited by Minuy600

Im thinking of doing a save /carear /story and posting it in here, not sure where as full on story no pics or a story with pics, other people, events so on in Italy

Decided on giving a go at starting in a completely random location with a predetermined lowest league club of said country. I've removed the Megapack to remove density and the risk of improperly working competitions (especially expectation wise).

Turns out it is Colombia where I will be starting. Orsomarso are the club the generator gave me. They finished 8th on aggregate in the Torneo Aguilla back in 2017, giving me a decent chance of replicating their success. I will not be making a career update on this because I know I will dissapoint a handful of people if I end up deleting this one too.

Edited by Minuy600

18 minutes ago, SlobaFMB said:

Sorry if I post in wrong topic. Just quick question. Can player without work permit play in reserve leagues (U23, U18)? :) 

You might get a more accurate answer if you tell us where you're playing.

I'd suspect not in many places though.

I play with one Championship side and I buy one of the Serbian wonderkids but he don't have work permit (he is rejected). Can he play for my U23 or U18 team if he don't have work permit?

Edited by SlobaFMB

49 minutes ago, SlobaFMB said:

I play with one Championship side and I buy one of the Serbian wonderkids but he don't have work permit (he is rejected). Can he play for my U23 or U18 team if he don't have work permit?

No, if he has no work permit, he can't work in the country. You'd still be paying him to play for your reserve side, so he'd still be working.

I am looking at starting a youth only career to compliment my dafuge Challenge.

What minnow country interests people the most?  By minnow, we are talking Andorra, San Marino, Faroes, Malta etc etc.

I know it is up to me and wherever takes my fancy, but I am curious as to others' thoughts.

Edited by DazRTaylor

2 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

What minnow country interests people the most?  By minnow, we are talking Andorra, San Marino, Faroes, Malta etc etc.

I know it is up to me and wherever takes my fancy, but I am curious as to others' thoughts.

Faroes sounds like fun.  A true minnow but not as fashionable as Andorra or San Marino, also has nice Nordic ties that used to make game fairly difficult early on.  Luxembourg could also be fun with an absurd wealth of neighbour talent around it.

5 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Personally i've found the competition of North Macedonia to look interesting. Haven't played in it but could be a fairly good place to start. Croatia also has great young talent but may be too big to consider a minnow nation. Luxembourg is last because Benelux is always tasty to me. :D

15 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Faroes sounds like fun.  A true minnow but not as fashionable as Andorra or San Marino, also has nice Nordic ties that used to make game fairly difficult early on.  Luxembourg could also be fun with an absurd wealth of neighbour talent around it.

14 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

Personally i've found the competition of North Macedonia to look interesting. Haven't played in it but could be a fairly good place to start. Croatia also has great young talent but may be too big to consider a minnow nation. Luxembourg is last because Benelux is always tasty to me. :D

Thanks chaps - I think the Faroes is favourite.

28 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Are they in the bottom tier?

They're actually the reigning champions. :D Still interesting, they're in the EL group stages this season IRL. If you're looking for a bottom tier side, have a look at Grevenmacher. They have an awesome name and quite a rich history.

25 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

They're actually the reigning champions. :D Still interesting, they're in the EL group stages this season IRL. If you're looking for a bottom tier side, have a look at Grevenmacher. They have an awesome name and quite a rich history.

Yeah just looked them up, they have suffered two straight relegations.

Any puns for the name Grvenmacher?

Edited by DazRTaylor

15 hours ago, Peter G said:

Beat the top of the table, Dulwich, then lost to three teams near the bottom and now  I have the dreaded board meeting to discuss my future...

Sacked. Need to come up with a new save. Was thinking of managing a team in Northern Ireland that I managed last year, but not sure. Might need a challenge alongside it.