Premier Leauge TV money

Hi, I started a save with Blackburn and have gone straight to PL in 2 seasons. But as expected the teams economy is.... not really great, so I was so happy when got promoted to PL and then got the ''Blackburn receives £87,61mill for TV rights'' But club's total balance is still £4,5mill and when I go to income all it says is ''TV-Deal: £225,640''  So... where is the rest of the money? I mean all that talk every season in Championship irl about all the money they play for in the playoff I... doubt it's £225,640 they talk so much about...

I have not played in PL for a while, mainly been in MLS and stuff so I don't really remember. But still remember got alot more then £225k att the end of the season for TV money when I have been Arsenal, Wolves etc

23 minutes ago, Martin93 said:

Hi, I started a save with Blackburn and have gone straight to PL in 2 seasons. But as expected the teams economy is.... not really great, so I was so happy when got promoted to PL and then got the ''Blackburn receives £87,61mill for TV rights'' But club's total balance is still £4,5mill and when I go to income all it says is ''TV-Deal: £225,640''  So... where is the rest of the money? I mean all that talk every season in Championship irl about all the money they play for in the playoff I... doubt it's £225,640 they talk so much about...

You get the money broken down per game, when you play the game. You'll get news items in your inbox before a match that will say Premier League Television Coverage....... Blackburn will receive around 1.2M in TV money for this match. You never get it in one lump sum. Then after the match if you look at your finances you will see TV revenue.

Yeah the TV money is split in a variety of ways.

You get some money just for your game being chosen to be televised, but everyone in the league gets big buckets of cash every 2 weeks I think to which you'll just laugh and laugh because oh boy do you have loads and loads and loads of money.

I think the way it's broke down is:

• Biweekly or Monthly payments, the same for everyone, throughout the season.
  • A small top up per game based on whether or not you're in a televised game (France Ligue 1 also does this)
  • Your final league position prize money is part of the TV contract (the game just calls it Prize Money though)

In the German League, for instance, I don't get any money as part of "TV Money" in the finance page, but the way the TV money is allocated is largely through the huge prize money for where you finish in the league. I *think* you also get some amount that is considered a "Sponsorship" (I got some weird Main Kit sponsor for like €50m just before the season started).

On 18/04/2018 at 21:26, Martin93 said:

then got the ''Blackburn receives £87,61mill for TV rights''

No, you didn't. You got the message "Blackburn WILL RECEIVE...". It's paid in instalments.

The parachute payment after relegation is paid in a lump sum at the start of the season, though.

30 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

No, you didn't. You got the message "Blackburn WILL RECEIVE...". It's paid in instalments.

The parachute payment after relegation is paid in a lump sum at the start of the season, though.

Then I either missread it(most likely) or it's not translated that well to Norwegian. But I knew you don't get all the money in one payment, but am I totaly wrong when I remember that when I was Arsenal etc, mainly in FM 17 since not been much in PL in FM 18, then you got a bigger sum in the end of season? I just think I remember always got a big part of the ammount after end of season...

1 hour ago, Martin93 said:

Then I either missread it(most likely) or it's not translated that well to Norwegian. But I knew you don't get all the money in one payment, but am I totaly wrong when I remember that when I was Arsenal etc, mainly in FM 17 since not been much in PL in FM 18, then you got a bigger sum in the end of season? I just think I remember always got a big part of the ammount after end of season...

The lump sum at the end of the season is prize money for the league. If you look at the league rules on the game, it tells you how much you'll get depending on what position you finish.

Archived