Direct Passing

If i instruct one player (Midfielder for example ) to pass more directly and try more risky passes will the players ahead of him begin to make more runs in behind an opposition defence ?

On a similar note "Pass into Space" . Will this encourage those players without the ball to move in behind the opposition defence or midfield ?

Sometimes the forum goes through times when it's not so busy.

I don't think the players will necessarily take more runs specifically, but you can occasionally get your midfielder recognizing an opportunity for a forward and sending it deep and that forward chasing the ball. So in the sense that players will "take more forward runs."

I'm not 100% sure about Pass into Space, except that I think it'll lead to your player with the ball attempting it more, and players with good off the ball and anticipation quickly reacting and giving chase.

Pass into Space is something i have always thought would make sense as a PI also. You may want to instruct certain players to pass into space (One's with excellent vision and passing) but not others (The 8ft Centre Back lumox with the vision of a blinkered horse)

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that riskier passes increases the likelihood of through balls as well (since you're passing into space, you're implicitly rolling the dice that you're going to keep possession compared to a pass at the feet).

Pass Into Space will instruct all players to look for the diagonal ball in behind the defence. To pull it off, your forwards making the runs will need high anticipation, off the ball and pace.

The player with the ball also needs Vision, Flair, Decisions as well as passing attributes. 

There is an inherent increase in risk associated with this instruction, similar to increasing player duty to Attack.

Make more risky passes is pretty similar as an instruction but for an individual and yes, if that player has the Vision, Flair and passing ability will play through balls, as well as longer balls over the top, lumping it into the box etc. 'Fewer Risky Passes' just means he will look to play it into players feet.

It's a trade-off really, high vision and flair will mean the player will see the opportunity regardless, decisions and passing ability come into whether he attempts the pass or not. The TIs and PIs nudge him towards being more likely to try and pull it off.

In other words, left alone the player will make his own decision based on role/duty, your instructions will influence the decision. 

9 hours ago, Snorks said:

Pass Into Space will instruct all players to look for the diagonal ball in behind the defence. To pull it off, your forwards making the runs will need high anticipation, off the ball and pace.

The player with the ball also needs Vision, Flair, Decisions as well as passing attributes. 

There is an inherent increase in risk associated with this instruction, similar to increasing player duty to Attack.

Make more risky passes is pretty similar as an instruction but for an individual and yes, if that player has the Vision, Flair and passing ability will play through balls, as well as longer balls over the top, lumping it into the box etc. 'Fewer Risky Passes' just means he will look to play it into players feet.

It's a trade-off really, high vision and flair will mean the player will see the opportunity regardless, decisions and passing ability come into whether he attempts the pass or not. The TIs and PIs nudge him towards being more likely to try and pull it off.

In other words, left alone the player will make his own decision based on role/duty, your instructions will influence the decision. 

Cheers 

11 hours ago, Snorks said:

Pass Into Space will instruct all players to look for the diagonal ball in behind the defence. To pull it off, your forwards making the runs will need high anticipation, off the ball and pace

they also need the right role and duty.

If you are using 'pass into space' or PIs on particular players to play more direct/risky... then the player/s ahead need to have roles/duty to attack space. Generally attack duty achieves this. Or any position that 'moves into channels' could be useful. i.e. a Regista behind a BBM or CM attack.

Or an AP behind an AF.

Thanks for the replies. I am using a Regista behind a BBM and CM(A)......Ahead of those two are wingers on attack and a DLF on support 

Ideally the DLF drops slightly creating space behind for the others to run into 

On 5/2/2018 at 19:55, hoppo1982 said:

Thanks for the replies. I am using a Regista behind a BBM and CM(A)......Ahead of those two are wingers on attack and a DLF on support 

Ideally the DLF drops slightly creating space behind for the others to run into 

Are your wingers playing as IFs?

Wingers tend to stay wide, the Inside Forwards will make the diagonal runs in beyond your DLF.

I mix and match. If i feel the game needs width i will use wingers and try to slip the ball in behind the fullbacks. 

Alternatively if the space is centrally i might change one of the wingers to an IF 

Archived