Suggestion: Exporting Teams From Save Files

TheGreat10ne1

I generally play different saves throughout each FM game I play, and sometimes I wonder how the teams from my different saves would fare if matched up against each other, as well as friends' teams and other teams Online.

To make this work, I was thinking that, maybe at the end of every season of the league you're playing in, you have the option to "Export" your current team, with all of the clubs/players/etc attributes captured at that point to play in the alternate Universe. 

For the Online part, each team will also come with a set of information about the club itself as well as the save file it came from, so other Users know what type of team they're coming up against, so can avoid playing against Users who like to cheat, and try to match up your team against another at your level. For example, it could state the following:

- What database was used (FM official, or custom - so you can avoid the potential of going up against a team with all 200 CA/PA - perhaps save files from custom databases are prevented from even having the option of Exporting their team)

- In-game date the team was created

- Number of User managers created in the game, even if retired (if this is a fairly big number, you can deduce that the User cheated to get money or cheap players - perhaps if second User is created at any point in the normal game, the file will be prevented from Exporting a team)

- Club Reputation

- Full club history (maybe capped at a certain number of years)

- Ability to have a full view of player attributes and other information

This would obviously be just for a bit of fun, and not for "realism". I think it would also be a cool way to see teams from other User's save files, even if not playing against them.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't done it personally, but I know it is possible to export your save team to use it in a versus game against a friends side. FMSamo and FMGrasshopper played against each other recently

• Lucas locked this topic

Archived