Championship? Completed it mate.

Background knowledge - I started at Salford City and took them to league 2. We were making steady progress with free transfers. I set up my scouting assignments through my chief scout for the season for us to try and make a push for promotion and I got to the end of the season with 2 reports from my team of 6 scouts. I was annoyed at the club already at this point, can't remember why but this annoyed me further. Then Portsmouth offered me an interview. I'm originally from Salford and have lived there from Age 9 through to 25 however June last year I moved South with work. How far South you ask? my postcode now begins with PO.. Yep, I live in Portsmouth :) 

Well, here we are. I have one game left in the season, but have already secured the title :) It's a good job too; last match day of the season is against 2nd which could've been nerve-wracking. Board expectation was mid-table and season preview expected finished was 13th :)

What I'm also very happy about is the fact that we've gone up as champions while our salary per annum has been 23rd all season; spending around £6m per annum. Some teams are spending £55m, £48m and £45m, finishing 6th, 16th and 3rd respectively. Also, our attendance percentage is 99% on average, having had 18/23 sell outs :) Plans in place to expand the stadium at the end of the season.

Made 1 loan signing in January but other than that, stuck with the squad. My 2 strikers (1 free, 1 for £92k) are both worth £10m as i say in previous post, between them they've had 72 starts, and have scored 55 goals with 32 assists, average ratings of 7.52 and 7.36.

2 players have already( we won the league 3 days ago n-game) asked for stupid contracts. Moving from £6k p/w to £20k p/w, and the other moving from £12k p/w to £30k p/w. I've rejected them both for now but I'll see how the budget's get set. 

I also have a right back who is a bit of a gem for this level, IMO, see screenshot. 
[IMG] 

We had 5 games left of the season and were leading the league. BAH made an offer (Brazilian Bahia State Championship..?) and he was mad because he 'wanted to test himself in a better league', 5 games before we likely move to the premier league.. Anywho, it didn't give me the option to tell him 'we move to the best league in the game soon. you're staying, idiot.' so they made another offer for just over £1m and I accepted. Picked him up on for £64k :) Good attributes, but average rating of 6.67 so a shame, but more fool him. 

I'll edit this post once I've advanced enough into the off-season. We were being given around £5.25m per year for competing in the Championship and we'd end each season just about in the red; I'm looking forward to this TV money and even though I expect us to drop straight back down, if we finished 20th let's say, we'd still be given close to £60m in parachute payments over the next 2 years, and that's before we consider said tv money. 

I'm so excited! Now it's a case of sticking to our cheap/free transfer philosophy and trying to keep our players on small contracts; I generally remove and exclude the 'top division promotion' clause in contracts, or allow 10% at the most. Oh, and get this stadium expanded :) This is the first time I've taken a team through the Championship successfully; can you tell :p

I'll add screenshots in post #2 of key players for the season

Samuel Bristow - CB. Had him on loan for 3 consecutive seasons then signed him on a free transfer. Almost 200 games later worth £8.5m

e2210274d837a9e3600ee70547eadb9e.png

Leo Caillaud - CAM. Signed on a free at the start of this season. My only CAM on the squad so the formation changes if he isn't in the squad. Didn't really use him at the start of the season then I became aware of his potential and realised I had to get him in. Still a good amount of potential left

75aed9ff20f48e5f5b0da1917f9d6c3e.png

Usain Kelly - CM. Signed 3 seasons ago on a free, 7.10+ average rating every year, although he hasn't played the last few games of the season. Seems to enjoy being at Portsmouth. 

d7460e34ebaeb3e1dbde5f62780087d9.png

My favourite two.

Edinho- ST. Signed for £92k 3 years ago, and has an average rating of 7.11, 7.23 and a 7.58 this year. So consistent, also has some area to grow but has really good main stats for a Poacher/Advanced Forward 

f01c5458556fd14e1138802437fae0b0.png

Finally, 'The H-Loff) as in, David Hasslehoff, the Hoff. Original name 'Tseko Hlophe'. Had on loan for a season then signed on a free 3 years ago; 4 years at the club in total. Poor season last year with a 6.78, but others have been 7.13, 7.06 and a 7.36 this year. Plays as a poacher and has always been worth more than Edinho. 

56668b6ed5768203b65c8ca192f8fa0a.png

I love the fact that I spent £92k on these 5 players, and their total worth is now just under £50m :D

Archived