Does The 'Squad Win Bonuses' Matter?

Hello. When I was playing FMT I never really found any noticeable correlation between setting the Squad Win Bonuses at the start of each season as High/Normal and how I did come the end of the season (often I'd do better than expected regardless of win bonuses). Does using High over Normal have any affect on the full FM version? I can either use up the last £10m of my budget on bumping the win bonuses or keep it for the winter window. Thanks.

I generally always leave it at NORMAL. I think it's a little incentive and maybe adds a little effect with team talks and the like but not much overall to be honest. A morale boost if targets are achieved possibly.

7 hours ago, Colonel Getafe said:

When I was playing FMT I never really found any noticeable correlation between setting the Squad Win Bonuses at the start of each season as High/Normal and how I did come the end of the season (often I'd do better than expected regardless of win bonuses).

There's obviously much more to it that thinking "higher bonus = higher finish". 

The higher bonuses can just get some players more motivated in matches, so think of it as a little help. You still need the players, decisions about the starting 11, tactics, decisions in-match etc.

I found offering higher bonuses was great motivation for the start of a season, usually always get off to a good start but find it decreases as the season progresses. The 'BPR' icon usually seems to vanish come December 

• Administrators

Yeah it's an overall boost at the start of the season. You can also suffer with a slight loss in morale if you select 'Low'. 

Obviously depends on how much money you have in the bank, but can definitely help improve the morale of the squad, be it overall or with individual players. 

A side question to this is, are those season bonuses based off of their bonus requirements in their contract? So if one player had a bonus of 100k if we win the league, would it increase that 100k by some arbitrary number if I increased the overall team win bonuses?

If they don't have any preexisting bonuses in their contract, would it give all non-bonus players a flat bonus across the board? I know these things don't really matter, just curious. 

7 hours ago, puffascruffowitz said:

A side question to this is, are those season bonuses based off of their bonus requirements in their contract? So if one player had a bonus of 100k if we win the league, would it increase that 100k by some arbitrary number if I increased the overall team win bonuses?

If they don't have any preexisting bonuses in their contract, would it give all non-bonus players a flat bonus across the board? I know these things don't really matter, just curious. 

Squad win bonuses are separate to contract bonuses. They do not affect one another.

I think the squad win bonuses are shared equally among the players based on their playing time/appearances, and is paid out on top of the contracted bonus.

Be careful though, I just reached the end of season having got to the semi-finals of Europa League, the squad bonus paid out for Europe League was 50% more than the prize money I won!

Archived