Estonishing! (Part III: Return to Estonia)

MarcxD

11 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Just a quick warning, beating Brøndby will not be taken lightly upon. 

But it's going swell in the league!

Sucks with the NT's. That's a problem in most - if not all - smaller leagues/nations. :( 

Thanks, yeah it's just something I have to deal with. 

With regards to Brøndby.......

Stare and Wink

8 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

You haven't shown your tactics iirc, but with this many CB talents, maybe 3 atb would be a good idea!

Paco could potentially be an okay-ish pure winger. Pace, crossing, technique is all it takes. 

tactics.png

I play with two and don't see that happening soon, tbh. But it might be something to think about.

You're right of course about the winger but there's just much better already available so no real reason to ever play him except for his nationality

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

September 2022

september.png

Started the group with a great away win, but lost the home game to Villarreal, the other team in the group is AEK, so I think finishing second is a realistic opportunity.

september_league_table.png

Champions already! 

October 2022

october.png

Important away win over AEK and continuing in the league like we are...

october_league_table.png

2 games remaining. Unbeaten season with a  30+ points lead within reach

1 hour ago, MarcxD said:

Thanks, yeah it's just something I have to deal with. 

With regards to Brøndby.......

Stare and Wink

tactics.png

I play with two and don't see that happening soon, tbh. But it might be something to think about.

You're right of course about the winger but there's just much better already available so no real reason to ever play him except for his nationality

ARE YOU MOCKING ME

Also, cool setup. Looks pretty straightforward with a lot of cool TI's. I do wonder though, how you manage not to get overrun in the middle. I'd suspect your CM(a) could be caught far up the pitch while your BWM(d) could get dragged away from position leaving a big gap down to your defence. But it seems that you are combatting this nicely with your Team Shape and closing down. I mean, an unbeaten season must indicate that it works to at least some extent. ;)

And hey, who the **** am I to judge other people's tactics, eh. 

November-December 2022

november_december.png

Great finish to the year, unbeaten season done and two more EL wins!

november_unbeaten_season.png

final_league_table_2022.png

32 wins, 111 goals, 95 GD, 100 points, 34 points lead... Not too bad.

final_league_table_2022_second_tier.png

U-21s did even better. Will rethink how I approach this though, should probably offer more players on loan.

final_league_table_2022_third_tier.png

U-19s won their league as well, although they weren't as dominant as the other two teams.

december_el_group.png

We ended up as second in the EL group, so for the second consecutive year there'll be some knock-out football in Estonia.

Damn! Even your u21's had an unbeaten season. They actually had an even more impressive season.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but your chairman should totally hire the u21's manager as the first team manager next season.

10 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

ARE YOU MOCKING ME

Also, cool setup. Looks pretty straightforward with a lot of cool TI's. I do wonder though, how you manage not to get overrun in the middle. I'd suspect your CM(a) could be caught far up the pitch while your BWM(d) could get dragged away from position leaving a big gap down to your defence. But it seems that you are combatting this nicely with your Team Shape and closing down. I mean, an unbeaten season must indicate that it works to at least some extent. ;)

And hey, who the **** am I to judge other people's tactics, eh. 

Yeah, the wingers also do some defensive work though, and much is asked of the defense. It is not a risk free tactic by any means, it's more of a score more goals than your opponent kinda thing.

I still need wingers so I could learn a thing or two from you.

1 minute ago, Benjoe said:

Damn! Even your u21's had an unbeaten season. They actually had an even more impressive season.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but your chairman should totally hire the u21's manager as the first team manager next season.

club_screen.png

The u-21 manager is already a club icon :lol: I am now a legend though.

31 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

Yeah, the wingers also do some defensive work though, and much is asked of the defense. It is not a risk free tactic by any means, it's more of a score more goals than your opponent kinda thing.

I still need wingers so I could learn a thing or two from you.

Ahh, those are the good ones. Yes. 

Well I don' know if mine only works because we are really good now, and I have players who can fit their roles fully, or if the tactic is just that bullet proof. Regardless, we still get used on the wings, so if I was sensible, I would have some presence on the flanks as well. :lol: 

Breathtaking season, you stomped just about everyone you faced.

Shaq Moore is a great signing, although I'm surprised you were able to get him, as he seems to have the potential to be a starter for the U.S. in the future and maybe even big potential at club level. Nevertheless, he'll be great for you!

What I find most surprising about that favored personnel list is that Agbegniadan was able to become a legend in just one season, that's crazy stuff.

Is Januzi still at the club? I haven't seen him on the scoresheet lately.

10 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Breathtaking season, you stomped just about everyone you faced.

Shaq Moore is a great signing, although I'm surprised you were able to get him, as he seems to have the potential to be a starter for the U.S. in the future and maybe even big potential at club level. Nevertheless, he'll be great for you!

What I find most surprising about that favored personnel list is that Agbegniadan was able to become a legend in just one season, that's crazy stuff.

Is Januzi still at the club? I haven't seen him on the scoresheet lately.

Cheers!

Ah, honestly I didn't even know Shaq by name but I was just looking through players that I could sign on a free and he was clearly one of the best. He has certainly done well in his first year. He has 6 caps for the USA.

Yeah, it is surprising to see Agbegniadan become a legend so quickly, I know it can happen quicker if there are no legends like there were before this season, but still remarkable. He did have a very strong season though...

Januzi is no longer at the club. His contract simply ended and I didn't give him a new one, his ability had decreased quite a bit and it opened room for other non-homegrown players. He has actually retired now and is a HoYD (sadly not a very good one)

Season Review 2022 .... and the strange workings of this save

Well, it all once again is not working exactly as it should but we are going on. In stead of not having a season update at all and not scheduling any games, this time the league had a season update RIGHT after the last play-off game, while in the first couple of seasons that only happened in january or so I think. It seemed to have had another update when I was done with the EL games...

season_review_2022.png

This means that it still says in the EL group stage, since that group stage wasn't finished yet.

But, anyway, here is the season review. All rounds on first place, haven't done that often before. 16% full stadium, improving steadily there.

best_eleven_2022.png

This is the best eleven for 2022. Or, at least I thought so, since I later got another one.

best_eleven_2022_2.png

This one obviously is screwed up, but I can't see the old one anymore.

best_eleven_dropdown.png

In the drop down menu there are two 2022 best elevens, but whichever one I click I get the screwed up one.

best_eleven_overall.png

This also means that there are two overall best elevens - one that is pretty much correct ^ and one that is not ... because it seems to count "both" 2022 best elevens

best_eleven_overall_2.png

.... Mbongo did obviously not play 110 matches and score 85 goals in his first season.

season_review_2023_huh.png

And I also got a season review of 2023, in advance, after zero games played.

Runner up, since alphabetically we're in second place. 

Fantastic stuff.

Let's continue with the real thing...

Pre-Season 2023 + Europa League

predicted_1st_2023.png

Let's win another title.

transfers_23.png

Yes, a big transfer. Antonov is an Estonian midfielder, decent option there, he has played outside the country for a while now. Saar is a talent for the future.

diarrassouba.png

Some things could be better but overall so much higher level than what is currently at the club that I paid whatever his club wanted for him. Hopefully he can develop even though he is already miles ahead of the Estonian league's level.

pre_season_feb_supercup.png

Lost on away goals in the Europa League... and another supercup win.

March 2023

march.png

Perfect start, as you would expect by now.

In three of the four matches we scored in the first minute. 

march_league_table.png

march_300_games.png

Suffering from a bit of discolouration, let's say, but on we go. 300 Matches.

May 2023

may.png

Going on.... 

may_league_table.png

may_facilities_done.png

may_upgrades.png

I was finally able to ask for the last junior coaching and youth recruitment improvements (I think), and training and youth facilities continue to get better.

June - July 2023

june_july.png

Demolished Luxembourg opposition in the first CL qualification, now against Vardar. Will need a good result in the away game. Still perfect this season though.

july_league_table.png

transfers.png

I promised Moore I'd let him go for 500K after he was moaning about leaving so I let him go, I signed a new player in Musona that can play all attacking positions and even AMC, very nice multi functional player.

june_youth_facilities.png

Another facility upgrade approved.

june_league_rankings_rise_44th.png

june_club_rankings_rise_62nd.png

Good to see these things rise. 

August 2023

august.png

We faced Celtic again in the play-offs but we finally managed to beat them. Champions League group!!!!

august_league_table.png

august_cl_draw.png

Anything other than losing 6 games would be miraculous

august_cl_money_lol.png

But this is what it's about.

September 2023 + Youth Intake

september.png

Lost to Guardiola's Juventus, but only just. Really magnificent performance really. Couldn't quite win all league games this year after all.

september_league_table.png

september_upgrades.png

Approved some more upgrades...

youth_intake_23.png

A few good players and a lot of bad ones, it's too bad that the personalities are so bad.

yp7a.png

Certainly a lot of interesting attributes here, my backs are required to do attacking work though so he would need to improve his dribbling, off the ball and crossing a ton. Or some retraining might be in order.

November-December 2023

november_december.png

Finished with three more league wins and three more losses in the CL. As  you would expect.

final_league_table.png

We can still improve!

final_league_table_second_tier.png

U-21s lost a game, and Ajax Lasnamäe who started in the inactive fourth tier will move to our league.

final_league_table_third_tier.png

Another title for the u-19 side as well.

Season Review 2023

season_review_2023.png

First CL group stage. Higher and higher average attendances... that draw certainly was a moment to forget.

best_eleven_2023.png

This was the 2023 best eleven, but it did that same thing again as last year and the best eleven screwed up.

So both the 2022 and 2023 seasons are counted double.

diarrassouba_african_xi.png

diarrassouba_caf_striker_of_the_year.png

Not too bad!

5 hours ago, MarcxD said:

Season Review 2022 .... and the strange workings of this save

Well, it all once again is not working exactly as it should but we are going on. In stead of not having a season update at all and not scheduling any games, this time the league had a season update RIGHT after the last play-off game, while in the first couple of seasons that only happened in january or so I think. It seemed to have had another update when I was done with the EL games...

season_review_2022.png

This means that it still says in the EL group stage, since that group stage wasn't finished yet.

But, anyway, here is the season review. All rounds on first place, haven't done that often before. 16% full stadium, improving steadily there.

best_eleven_2022.png

This is the best eleven for 2022. Or, at least I thought so, since I later got another one.

best_eleven_2022_2.png

This one obviously is screwed up, but I can't see the old one anymore.

best_eleven_dropdown.png

In the drop down menu there are two 2022 best elevens, but whichever one I click I get the screwed up one.

best_eleven_overall.png

This also means that there are two overall best elevens - one that is pretty much correct ^ and one that is not ... because it seems to count "both" 2022 best elevens

.... Mbongo did obviously not play 110 matches and score 85 goals in his first season.

season_review_2023_huh.png

And I also got a season review of 2023, in advance, after zero games played.

Runner up, since alphabetically we're in second place. 

Fantastic stuff.

Let's continue with the real thing...

I noticed this is an issue with some added leagues. In my Jamaica save the underachievers were always the champions and the overachievers were always the bottom placed teams.

I also had a weird one where the Jamaican referee of the year, first place, second place and third place were awarded to the same guy.

4 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

I was curious to see your end of season 11 to see how many goals the Ivorian striker scored, because I kept on seeing his name a lot in your match summary

43 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

best_eleven_2023.png

Now you got your answer ;) 

Edited by MarcxD

2 hours ago, oriole01 said:

46, what a tally! I think he would've been in the running for the UEFA Golden Boot if he got a few more.

This is also including the european games of course, but still a fantastic performance from him. Big Euro clubs are offering but he's on a long term deal so no way I'm selling.

50 minutes ago, mrenigma said:

Good luck for your Estonian save. Me, as estonian, it's intresting to see how you progress with estonian club. :)

Thank you! 

Pre-Season 2024

predicted_finish_1st.png

transfers_2024.png

Signed two young African goalkeepers, one will go into the first team and one is out on loan. 

To make room in the first team squad I had to let go one of the non-homegrown players though, and I decided on Mbongo.

pre_season_2024.png

Did decently well in the pre-season and another supercup in the bag.

Edited by MarcxD

June 2024

june.png

And of course we lost the final.... 

june_league_table.png

june_cl_tv_money.png

This is ridiculous.

june_club_rise_60th.png

Only a slight rise.

june_competitions_rise_35th.png

But this is huge, the competition's reputation keeps improving. This should be good for the other teams especially. 

I can't understand how you're finding motivation to keep playing this save. You haven't lost a game for years, it seems ridiculously boring to me. But if you're having fun, then keep playing mate.

6 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I can't understand how you're finding motivation to keep playing this save. You haven't lost a game for years, it seems ridiculously boring to me. But if you're having fun, then keep playing mate.

you know you get this when you play in a league like this, it's about the long term and europe and hopefully seeing the rest of the country improve over time, I get it's not for everyone. 

4 hours ago, MarcxD said:

june_cl_tv_money.png

Have you considered stealing every single staff member of every single Estonian team and releasing them?  Could get some of that money back into the economy.

On 07/06/2018 at 15:15, rodesire said:

Have you considered stealing every single staff member of every single Estonian team and releasing them?  Could get some of that money back into the economy.

Considered, but not right now. Maybe later, I could also just buy a trash player for 1M of each of the top tier teams or something like that. 

August 2024

august.png

Going to the Champions League group once again!

august_CL_draw.png

Easy group.

august_league_table.png

transfer_august.png

Was getting sick and tired of his moaning so I sold him.

Edited by MarcxD