Advanced Rules European Competition

legendof88

Hello,

I am editing European Competitions. Which sees 48 teams in the Champions League, with two knockout rounds prior to a 16 team group stage. The 32 teams that are elimnated prior to the group stage will drop into the Europa League. I have also rescurreted the Cup Winners Cup, this is just simply 32 teams, straight knockout tournament.

However, in the advanced rules I am having trouble, both the Europa League and the Cup Winners Cup are saying wrong number of teams found for the first stages. So can any explain why this is happening and a resoultion. Thanks.

3 hours ago, legendof88 said:

Hello,

I am editing European Competitions. Which sees 48 teams in the Champions League, with two knockout rounds prior to a 16 team group stage. The 32 teams that are elimnated prior to the group stage will drop into the Europa League. I have also rescurreted the Cup Winners Cup, this is just simply 32 teams, straight knockout tournament.

However, in the advanced rules I am having trouble, both the Europa League and the Cup Winners Cup are saying wrong number of teams found for the first stages. So can any explain why this is happening and a resoultion. Thanks.

we need to see file or some screenshots from qualification system, teams section...

20 hours ago, legendof88 said:

Anyone have any clue on this?

when i take a look at your file - i can see you dont understand some things. For example - you added 2 teams qualified to CL  for nations 1-16. Problem is this - coefficients doesnt work anymore and malta will have 2 teams in CL because its on position 14.

59 minutes ago, legendof88 said:

Okay thanks for that, so how would I fix it?

I guess I need to re-activate or re-populate a coefficient?, how is this done?

no - when you add new continental rules - coefficients are gone. its hardcoded in game. you can make new qualification system (like you did) but list (order) of nations will be fixed.

with every added line to teams section (under qualification system) you can "reserve" teams for some competition. order is very important. you should first add lines for champions league because its biggest competition. after that you can add rest.

second settings here is sedding. with this you can control which teams enter first to some round/stages. teams from best nations/best teams will get sedding 0 and after that you can add 1,2,3...

you need to take a look at your competitions and do the math. if you need 32 teams for stage 0 in champions league - you will add 32 teams to teams section with lowest seeding. and so on...

On 09/07/2018 at 12:37, krlenjushka said:

with every added line to teams section (under qualification system) you can "reserve" teams for some competition. order is very important. you should first add lines for champions league because its biggest competition. after that you can add rest.

second settings here is sedding. with this you can control which teams enter first to some round/stages. teams from best nations/best teams will get sedding 0 and after that you can add 1,2,3...

you need to take a look at your competitions and do the math. if you need 32 teams for stage 0 in champions league - you will add 32 teams to teams section with lowest seeding. and so on...

Just had a look at this again, isnt this what i have already done? As seen as in the image, I am not sure what is different that I need to do that isnt already in the screenhsot? If you could explain that would be great!

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 13.59.35.png

6 hours ago, legendof88 said:

I have also edited the order of the nations, like you said Malta were very high, but even when that is done, still not working. Any thoughts?

step by step. you need first to understand how this teams section works. explain how do you want teams from some nation to be qualified to euro comps - what order?

1st - champions league

2nd champions league - what if fa cup winner is 2nd placed team? will this team go to cl or to cwc?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah that’s what I need some clarification on how it works and what to do? So yeah would be 1. CL 2. CWC 3. uefa cup, so in your example the 2nd place team would go into CL and the cup runners up into CWC. Are you able to explain or give an example of a similar database and how it’s set up.

Yeah that’s what I need some clarification on how it works and what to do? So yeah would be 1. CL 2. CWC 3. uefa cup, so in your example the 2nd place team would go into CL and the cup runners up into CWC. Are you able to explain or give an example of a similar coded database?

3 minutes ago, legendof88 said:

Yeah that’s what I need some clarification on how it works and what to do? So yeah would be 1. CL 2. CWC 3. uefa cup, so in your example the 2nd place team would go into CL and the cup runners up into CWC. Are you able to explain or give an example of a similar coded database?

i forgot what you asked. 20 days ago :D

23 minutes ago, legendof88 said:

Yeah sorry, I was away on holiday, so haven't been looking at it. But back this week, so hoping to try to finish it off and get the database playable. Any suggestions?

With order in teams list you can "reserve" teams for some competitions.

for example:

number of teams       first nation   last nation                           qualified competition                    seeding

line 1                                       1                            1                  10                                               CL                                                0

line 2                           nation fa cup winner       1                  10                                              CWC

line 3                                       1                            1                  10                                                EL

line 4                                       1                            11                 40                                               CL                                                1

this way game will first reserve top teams for CL. Cup winner will be qualified for CWC and next team in division (could be 2nd or 3rd in this case) will qualify for EL.

Seedings settings is used when you want to set what teams will enter some competition first. in this case teams from line 4 will enter champions league before teams from line 1 - of course those lines (number of teams) you should adapt for your CL number of teams in some rounds.

Im not sure about fa cup runner-up. this was broken couple years ago and im not sure if this works. test and you will see

42 minutes ago, legendof88 said:

Okay thanks for that, I will certainly give that try. And you think its purely an issue with this 'teams section'? 

i think it is but i had some isues with oceania system like this. im not sure what caused issue. maybe some of these option are bugged on fm18.

On 01/08/2018 at 13:28, krlenjushka said:

So in response to this, I looked again and did what you suggested, but still the same issue. 

Have put a screenshot of how I set up the teams and the error. Seems strange that it's the CWC that the initial issue. Any thoughts?

On 01/08/2018 at 13:28, krlenjushka said:

With order in teams list you can "reserve" teams for some competitions.

for example:

number of teams       first nation   last nation                           qualified competition                    seeding

line 1                                       1                            1                  10                                               CL                                                0

line 2                           nation fa cup winner       1                  10                                              CWC

line 3                                       1                            1                  10                                                EL

line 4                                       1                            11                 40                                               CL                                                1

this way game will first reserve top teams for CL. Cup winner will be qualified for CWC and next team in division (could be 2nd or 3rd in this case) will qualify for EL.

Seedings settings is used when you want to set what teams will enter some competition first. in this case teams from line 4 will enter champions league before teams from line 1 - of course those lines (number of teams) you should adapt for your CL number of teams in some rounds.

Im not sure about fa cup runner-up. this was broken couple years ago and im not sure if this works. test and you will see

1.png

2.png

Archived