Is this tactic decent enough?

Hi,

I'm playing as Man Utd in a 95/96 save and was looking for feedback and helpful suggestions for my tactic. It's a 442 narrow (I've attached 2 pics) and mentality is set on defensive as I want to play a shorter, more patient game. I've got much higher line selected in order to be more proactive than reactive and to squeeze the opposition. I was going to choose the control mentality but found defensive fits how I want my team to play more with only the defensive line setting needing changing. 

Thanks! 

man utd formation screen.png

man utd team instructions screen.png

Playing one of the best ever left wingers as a DLF is making me cry a little inside.

Joking apart and leaving personnel to one side, the roles seem balanced enough.  You're being very cautious, but that's personal preference, so fine.  Not entirely convinced you need short passing as well as the Defensive mentality but that'll come down to your own desired style of play and your testing of the system.  Speaking of which, that's the most important part - trying it out.  You could get 10 different opinions now all saying different things, but until you try it out and see what issues there may be (if any) you could end up being more confused.

But Giggs as a DLF.  Shocking ;).

You have two of the best wide players in the world in Giggs and Beckham, and you're playing a narrow formation?!?

Just... why?

And, yes, Ok, it's your tactic but would you please explain why you rejected a 442?

Giggs dlf... Beckham carilero. 

Literally cant read on! 

Terrible!!!!!! 

That aside... The tactic is ok... I dont think its close to how the 95/96 team played... Nor would i personally have two carilero and a dm and ams... Very cautious! Giggs and becks on the wing is surely causing the opponent more problems than irwin and neville providing attacking width from defence

Been away from internet connection last couple of days. I've changed to a 4123 with a DM, a Mezzala and an AP. Players are now in more familiar roles! 

@Ali2112 I downloaded it from the Steam workshop. If you want a save game if it's taking ages to load then you need to leave a comment with your email so it can be sent over. Hope this helps. There's also a 1985/6 database as well. 

Archived