B & Reserve Teams

kevgaleuk

Hey Community

Is there a way within the editor (pre-game) to change the status/description of Reserve, 2nd and B teams to prevent them showing up as a line of history on a player's history page (similar to how English Team's reserves & U18's don't show up? There are a number of glitches (probably not bugs) relating to players being put into these second teams and ending up with season after season of 0's it would be nice to eradicate the potential

Thanks in advance

With a lot of playing it appears the only way to do this is the following:

• Where B teams are "affiliated" i.e. Barcelona B change their status to Feeder Team and remove players move freely
  • Where second teams are "reserves" i.e. Dortmund II the only way I have found is to effectively delete the reserve team. The team still exists in the game so no harm in the divisions etc BUT they no longer appear as part of the main club. I haven't tried it but I assume you could rename them if you really wanted but I can't then find them as a separate club in the editor to make them an affiliate

I completely appreciate this is messing with the reality of clubs but until SI are able to fix the history screen to stop row upon row of zero's (usually caused by playing 1 cup game that doesn't count on the screen and then being moved to a B team OR moved to a B team and then sold but for some reason the B team row stays even if they haven't played a game) my OCD won't allow me to fully enjoy the game where players have completely messed up histories - especially for younger players impacting the longer games. This hopefully solves it at least partially

English reserve matches and U18 matches don't show up as separate entries because they're not part of the league pyramid like German or Spanish B teams are.
What you describe is intended functionality if a player appears in a cup game for the B team.

Edited by Foss

• 2 years later...
On 04/08/2018 at 12:13, kevgaleuk said:

With a lot of playing it appears the only way to do this is the following:

• Where B teams are "affiliated" i.e. Barcelona B change their status to Feeder Team and remove players move freely
  • Where second teams are "reserves" i.e. Dortmund II the only way I have found is to effectively delete the reserve team. The team still exists in the game so no harm in the divisions etc BUT they no longer appear as part of the main club. I haven't tried it but I assume you could rename them if you really wanted but I can't then find them as a separate club in the editor to make them an affiliate

I completely appreciate this is messing with the reality of clubs but until SI are able to fix the history screen to stop row upon row of zero's (usually caused by playing 1 cup game that doesn't count on the screen and then being moved to a B team OR moved to a B team and then sold but for some reason the B team row stays even if they haven't played a game) my OCD won't allow me to fully enjoy the game where players have completely messed up histories - especially for younger players impacting the longer games. This hopefully solves it at least partially

I have been playing about with this as unfortunately this ruins the game for me also; I've tried your suggested solution, but unfortunately as time goes by the clubs simply create new B teams or II teams. Changing the existing one to a feeder team merely makes the issue appear solved at the beginning of the game, but it comes back.

I've uninstalled FM20 now and don't have the files, but I managed to find a workaround that worked permanently for the Netherlands, Germany and France. No matter what I did, Spanish and Portuguese clubs would create new B clubs after a season or two.

I changed the relationship between the main club and B/2/II to feeder, and drastically reduced the reputations of the secondary clubs to prevent them from emerging. You'd then need to move players across to the main club. To replace B/2/II teams I created generic U23 leagues mirroring the league structures of their senior teams.

I don't think anyone has produced a working solution for Spain/Portugal.