Midfield Three - What footed players on what side?

Hello,

I play a 4-3-3 with Man United on FM18

I have one ball winning midfielder (defend) in the middle and two advanced playmakers (support) on either side of him.

In front of the midfield three are two inside forwards (attack) and an advanced forward (attack) up front.

My question is, on the left side of the midfield three, would I be more effective with a right footed player based on the above (like Paul Pogba does IRL) or a left footed player? Obviously the same goes for the right sided midfielder, should he be left footed to be more effective also?

I appreciate any options offered to me and apologies if its a glaringly obvious answer.

FFR

My personal rule of thumb (though i would predicate this by saying it really doesnt matter) is to use right foot on left side and visa versa for any playmaker role, where possible. 

There's a great graphic somewhere in the ether that i cant find for love nor money, that shows the wider passing range and ease that a right footer has from the left side, compare to a left footer on the left side. All about the angle of the foot etc 

14 minutes ago, FourFourRED said:

Hello,

I play a 4-3-3 with Man United on FM18

I have one ball winning midfielder (defend) in the middle and two advanced playmakers (support) on either side of him.

In front of the midfield three are two inside forwards (attack) and an advanced forward (attack) up front.

My question is, on the left side of the midfield three, would I be more effective with a right footed player based on the above (like Paul Pogba does IRL) or a left footed player? Obviously the same goes for the right sided midfielder, should he be left footed to be more effective also?

I appreciate any options offered to me and apologies if its a glaringly obvious answer.

FFR

It honestly makes very little difference. Both have pros and cons to them. Neither option is better than the other. It's splitting hairs really. 

1 hour ago, westy8chimp said:

My personal rule of thumb (though i would predicate this by saying it really doesnt matter) is to use right foot on left side and visa versa for any playmaker role, where possible. 

There's a great graphic somewhere in the ether that i cant find for love nor money, that shows the wider passing range and ease that a right footer has from the left side, compare to a left footer on the left side. All about the angle of the foot etc 

I agree. A right-footed player in the left half-space can receive the ball on his back foot (stronger foot) thus opening the pitch up, providing him with more angles for the pass. This is real life theory of course, not sure how much it applies in FM terms.

Archived