Help me decide who to sign

Hello,

I am the Real Madrid manager and I want to sign one of these two players as a back-up. Iker Muniain is better (imo) but I like following realistic guidelines and Bilbao are Real Madrid's rivals. Both players are the same price accepted and same wages accepted. So here is my conundrum:

Iker Muniain: Better but rival team

Juanmi: Slightly worse but not a rival team

Please tell me if you think I am wrong about who is better, maybe you think Juanmi is better, or maybe you think Muniain is so much better that I should just ignore the fact I am buying from a rival. Remember, they are both the same price and same wages accepted.

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 5.29.01 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 5.29.06 pm.png

Just now, ..Valhalla.. said:

Muniain. Being from a rival club won't matter if he settles in and plays well.

Oh no I understand that, I just set personal rules for myself on not signing rivals but do you think he is really that much better than Juanmi for me to break my own rules just this once?

Do you really need to buy either?  RM have already got huge amounts of attacking talent and at the end of the season you're getting one of the best young players in the game who can easily replace CR7 after a couple of seasons.

Just now, herne79 said:

Do you really need to buy either?  RM have already got huge amounts of attacking talent and at the end of the season you're getting one of the best young players in the game who can easily replace CR7 after a couple of seasons.

oh **** I forgot about vinicius, but at the same time i need a backup left wing inside forward that I dont have, and vinicius is coming in 2 years

I do not think either are good enough to break into the first team at RM. What are you buying the player for? If it is just for home grown players, do you not have anyone in your reserves up to the standard? 

If you want to roleplay as RM, then you would buy anyone from anyone, at really high fees!

54 minutes ago, Henry Shepherd said:

oh **** I forgot about vinicius, but at the same time i need a backup left wing inside forward that I dont have, and vinicius is coming in 2 years

Vinicius joins in July 2018.  In the mean time you have CR7, Ascensio, Vasquez, Bale and Isco who can all play well at AML and even Cabellos or Hernandez (at a pinch) could fill in there as well.  And don't forget your younger talent that could have a season developing in your first team until Vinicius arrives.  Players such as Mayoral, Baeza or Gelabert for example.

Sure you could buy (or loan) someone else as cover but you have other options.

Why make rules then ask our permission to break them :D 

Dont buy either anyway. Munian is a good player but as herne says you have enough players. Id add marcelo to the list as well. 

If you really want another body buy a hot prospect or get a loan in

I'd go with neither. If you want a player for that position sign someone like Kuki - and train them as AML. They'd be young enough to not be concerned about getting all the game time, and good enough for lower league matches, cups and etc. Plus they would be a very good utility player as backup anywhere up front.

9 hours ago, Henry Shepherd said:

Oh no I understand that, I just set personal rules for myself on not signing rivals but do you think he is really that much better than Juanmi for me to break my own rules just this once?

Why not? What a coup - snatching a fan favourite from your rivals gives your lot some bragging rights.

If I was Real Madrid I wouldn't consider buying either of those 2. You are Real Madrid. You can bring in much better players than that, though as others have said, I don't think you need to. But if you have a rule against buying from rivals it seems you've already answered your own question.

14 hours ago, herne79 said:

Vinicius joins in July 2018.  In the mean time you have CR7, Ascensio, Vasquez, Bale and Isco who can all play well at AML and even Cabellos or Hernandez (at a pinch) could fill in there as well.  And don't forget your younger talent that could have a season developing in your first team until Vinicius arrives.  Players such as Mayoral, Baeza or Gelabert for example.

Sure you could buy (or loan) someone else as cover but you have other options.

Okay thank you. After replying to you I checked and yes you are correct about 2018 Vinicius is coming, not 2019, and I have checked players I can train to play how I want them to play in the meantime until Vinicius comes. Thank you.

12 hours ago, Nacaw said:

These are exactly the sort of players an AI manager in charge of Madrid would sign, and then we'd all facepalm as they get 10 games in two seasons :lol:

haha I tend to do that. I always tell myself "omg I need backup here or else I might get screwed" then the backup never plays and asks to leave after 6 months lol.

It depends a bit on how your tactics are, and how the left-back and left-sided midfielder are playing their roles. 

Looking at the traits, Juanmi seems to fit a more direct system, cutting inside and getting into the box. While Muniain, dropping deep, would favour a more patient possession-oriented approach. 

If signing one as a backup, consider what type of games they will play.

Against lower-table opposition and for resting your first-teamers while still dominating possession? Sign Munian.

Against any opposition, substituting a tired or low-performing first-teamer, as an impact sub with his directness? Sign Juanmi

But as others have said above: Neither. Find a kid in your academy, or sign some 18-year old hot prospect instead.

Archived