Teams to Manage - FM19

BanOly

29 minutes ago, XcilPersion said:

Get Rekeem Harper in on loan. Has been a key player for me.

Who? This guy? Haha

535278541_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.05889c26b3e86111283ec2c42f2e6b9d.png

Should have Joe Grayson coming too. Just finished pre-season games, Danny Lloyd has been key man along with Lois Maynard. Rooney unfortunately hasn't fired, 1 goal in 5 games (team 19-1).

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jden86 said:

Who? This guy? Haha

Should have Joe Grayson coming too. Just finished pre-season games, Danny Lloyd has been key man along with Lois Maynard. Rooney unfortunately hasn't fired, 1 goal in 5 games (team 19-1).

Also loaned Tom Edwards from Stoke and Gideon Adu-Pep for free.

16 minutes ago, jden86 said:

Who? This guy? Haha

That's him. He has been incredible for me till this day. Just kept him coming in on loan, hoping to pick him up on a free transfer soon.  I remember Rooney was very important the first 2 seasons too, just like Lloyd, but all the others you named already left the club by now. Were no Championship material.

A lot of people recommend Betis, after which I took them for my first save. However, I was quite dissapointed in the squad, and I stopped with this save. I know people will say that they've signed Carvalho, Canales and Lo Celso, but that's basically it (and Lo Celso is on loan). 

The squad lacks depth, only having 7 or 8 substitutes (of which most are defensive players). Also, it's quite an old squad, there aren't any big talents in the squad, and there's basically no money to invest in the team. 

Again, I was quite disappointed! 

Udinese is an interesting team to manage, I had a nice game with them in FM2011. However, I'm still not sure which team to manage this edition. 

Edited by thomasbey

On 10/11/2018 at 14:28, XcilPersion said:

That's him. He has been incredible for me till this day. Just kept him coming in on loan, hoping to pick him up on a free transfer soon.  I remember Rooney was very important the first 2 seasons too, just like Lloyd, but all the others you named already left the club by now. Were no Championship material.

Also started a salford save myself. Only 3 games in as i post this, will do some updates when i get further on the save. I Signed Adam mitchell as a BPD, really good stats for the league, wages are 1.5k though. Aaron Kuhl, probably most people know about him, playing as a DLP in DM position. Anton Rodgers, playing as mezzala, 25 years old good player for league 2, maybe decent for league 1, if you can afford him, get him, wages upwards 1.5k. Liam wakefield, cb/rb and richard bakary RB/RWB as backup to the first team. As loans go, had to bring in Rakeem Harper, because of the suggestions above, and with a 7.23 in 3 games with 2 assists and a goal he took the place from louis maynard in the first team. Niko Hämäläinen from QPR, because i play wingbacks and the team has no good player to play there. Tom Walker is decent but the defensive stats are horrible so he is backup. Also bought Ben Folami from Ipswich to play as an AF, im playing Rooney as a TM, with gaffney on the bench because i dont want to play 2 TM's.

Tactic i chose was a selfmade, you could say a 2-3-2-1-2, with attacking wingbacks, attacking mentality, trying to play a throw everybody forward and score more than concede. Think i'm gonna see how far i can go with the tactic, but we'll see.

Happy to take suggestions for players you signed in the future if you've had some gems.

5 minutes ago, Skybeats said:

Also started a salford save myself. Only 3 games in as i post this, will do some updates when i get further on the save. I Signed Adam mitchell as a BPD, really good stats for the league, wages are 1.5k though. Aaron Kuhl, probably most people know about him, playing as a DLP in DM position. Anton Rodgers, playing as mezzala, 25 years old good player for league 2, maybe decent for league 1, if you can afford him, get him, wages upwards 1.5k. Liam wakefield, cb/rb and richard bakary RB/RWB as backup to the first team. As loans go, had to bring in Rakeem Harper, because of the suggestions above, and with a 7.23 in 3 games with 2 assists and a goal he took the place from louis maynard in the first team. Niko Hämäläinen from QPR, because i play wingbacks and the team has no good player to play there. Tom Walker is decent but the defensive stats are horrible so he is backup. Also bought Ben Folami from Ipswich to play as an AF, im playing Rooney as a TM, with gaffney on the bench because i dont want to play 2 TM's.

Tactic i chose was a selfmade, you could say a 2-3-2-1-2, with attacking wingbacks, attacking mentality, trying to play a throw everybody forward and score more than concede. Think i'm gonna see how far i can go with the tactic, but we'll see.

Happy to take suggestions for players you signed in the future if you've had some gems.

I signed Hämäläinen as well, first took him on loan in the first season and picked him up for free at the start of the second season. After the first season he never has been a starter though, because I brought in Sam Hart on a free transfer from Blackburn. For now if you need a CB I advice you Tom Holmes on loan from Reading and from next season onwards you could pick up Nathan Philips (Liverpool) for free. Both of them have stuck with me till the Championship.

Good luck with Salford, I just finished 6th in the Prem, qualifying for the Euro Cup. :)

32 minutes ago, XcilPersion said:

I signed Hämäläinen as well, first took him on loan in the first season and picked him up for free at the start of the second season. After the first season he never has been a starter though, because I brought in Sam Hart on a free transfer from Blackburn. For now if you need a CB I advice you Tom Holmes on loan from Reading and from next season onwards you could pick up Nathan Philips (Liverpool) for free. Both of them have stuck with me till the Championship.

Good luck with Salford, I just finished 6th in the Prem, qualifying for the Euro Cup. :)

Sam Hart looks like somebody i might definately look into bringing in next season, checks the marks im looking for an attacking wingback, Hämäläinen might stay for backup, depending on how he does this season. Already 10 games in since im using a skin which i can simulate with, i like to see progress faster as i don't have that much free time with the game, but always look to bring a non league team to glory when new fm starts.

How were your finances looking throughout the journey, there might always be a somehwat of an issue with them when managing lower league teams, or are Peter Lim, Gary ''2 weeks'' Neville and the boys pouring in their retirement funds to the club once you get promotions?

Edited by Skybeats

For those who don't want to start in the top division but want a team with a lot of growth potential, Brescia is a fantastic shout. Sandro Tonali is of course the pick of the bunch as the ultimate young regista, but you have a deep group of young mids beyond him to work with as well. You have some other phenomenal youth products all around and a team that's pretty much set to go up upon first asking, but your CB situation needs touching up (esp. if you make the early leap) and I felt forced into a narrow formation because of their lack of wingers (luckily they have solid wingbacks at least). 

16 hours ago, cacace8 said:

I’ve just started a save with Brescia in Serie B . Any recommended center backs for under 500k ?? 

Assuming you need one immediately, scout Portugal; I know some CBs like Marcao on Chaves and Nelson Monte on Rio Ave are cheap and very solid, and there's also always values from the Big Three's B teams in the first year or two. If you want a someone for the 2019 summer, Pawel Dawidowicz (loaned to Verona from Benfica B first season) was listed in the summer of '19 for €325k so I scooped him up for my own Brescia side upon promotion.

2 hours ago, Skybeats said:

Sam Hart looks like somebody i might definately look into bringing in next season, checks the marks im looking for an attacking wingback, Hämäläinen might stay for backup, depending on how he does this season. Already 10 games in since im using a skin which i can simulate with, i like to see progress faster as i don't have that much free time with the game, but always look to bring a non league team to glory when new fm starts.

How were your finances looking throughout the journey, there might always be a somehwat of an issue with them when managing lower league teams, or are Peter Lim, Gary ''2 weeks'' Neville and the boys pouring in their retirement funds to the club once you get promotions?

First time I actually got to spend money was when I promoted to the Premier League.  Will show you the first 2 years of transfers for me. Reason for me to move players quickly and only offer them short term contracts is so you can easily upgrade with other free players of better quality once you move up.  Basically looks like this for the first 4 seasons, then when I went up to PL I got to spend like 20 million.

28jidug.jpg1smcky.jpg

13 minutes ago, XcilPersion said:

First time I actually got to spend money was when I promoted to the Premier League.  Will show you the first 2 years of transfers for me. Reason for me to move players quickly and only offer them short term contracts is so you can easily upgrade with other free players of better quality once you move up.  Basically looks like this for the first 4 seasons, then when I went up to PL I got to spend like 20 million.

28jidug.jpg1smcky.jpg

So basically free agent central until epl, kinda like it, always been a fan of picking up the players other teams don't want and look for those gems!

Just started a save with Edinburgh City. Yes you are in the bottom Scottish division where the standard is poor but they are actually a good team to start with.

Finances are decent with around 400k bank balance (Are predicted to lose money over the years but player sales and better sponsorship could stop that). A club that are only in their 2nd season of the Scottish football league after playing in the Highland Leagues so the history of the club is pretty much a blank canvas.

One downside is that they are semi pro at the moment.

On 15/11/2018 at 16:44, HaphazardHawlucha said:

For those who don't want to start in the top division but want a team with a lot of growth potential, Brescia is a fantastic shout. Sandro Tonali is of course the pick of the bunch as the ultimate young regista, but you have a deep group of young mids beyond him to work with as well. You have some other phenomenal youth products all around and a team that's pretty much set to go up upon first asking, but your CB situation needs touching up (esp. if you make the early leap) and I felt forced into a narrow formation because of their lack of wingers (luckily they have solid wingbacks at least). 

Assuming you need one immediately, scout Portugal; I know some CBs like Marcao on Chaves and Nelson Monte on Rio Ave are cheap and very solid, and there's also always values from the Big Three's B teams in the first year or two. If you want a someone for the 2019 summer, Pawel Dawidowicz (loaned to Verona from Benfica B first season) was listed in the summer of '19 for €325k so I scooped him up for my own Brescia side upon promotion.

Thankyou for the suggestions sadly I haven’t added the Portuguese leagues to my game. 

4 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

I want a nice challenge to start my clubhopping-career with! So I would like a team who can challenge for a first-half of the table or mid-table position and then progress to qualify for Europe maybe.

Anyone some suggestions for me?

Fiorentina, Wolves, Real Sociedad, Athletic Bilbao. 

Have seen lot of recommendations of teams with good young players.

How about the opposite? Which club is full of old players and in need of a complete overhaul? 

I know in the Premiership, Burnley have the highest average age. The idea came to me as I was just offered the Napoli job two seasons in, and I noticed that Mertens, Hamsik, Callejon, etc. were all getting on. Another could be Bayern, but they are a huge club so not much of a challenge. 

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Have seen lot of recommendations of teams with good young players.

How about the opposite? Which club is full of old players and in need of a complete overhaul? 

I know in the Premiership, Burnley have the highest average age. The idea came to me as I was just offered the Napoli job two seasons in, and I noticed that Mertens, Hamsik, Callejon, etc. were all getting on. Another could be Bayern, but they are a huge club so not much of a challenge. 

If you're willing, try a save in Argentina - they sell their players so young you tend to have a lot of guys over 30 and a lot under 21, especially if you look outside of the usual suspects of Boca Juniors and River Plate (although even River Plate start with 10 guys over 30 in the first team squad).

2 hours ago, luka_ said:

It used to be so many great team guides on this forum few years ago..last couple of years it just turned to **** with barely any guides .

I think part of the problem is a lot of people rush out a thread for a certain league when the beta drops, without putting any effort in, just so they can have their name on a successful thread, whilst the people who would put a lot of effort in need more time to get it started. Plus a lot of individual team threads fail. Doesn't help also that all the threads for deciding who posts which team thread, and the links thread, all date back to FM14. 

30 minutes ago, XcilPersion said:

I am looking for a team to start a new career as I just completed my goal with my Salford City save, which was winning the CL and winning the Premier League. Again looking for a lower league team, prefer not in England this time.

Queen's Park F.C. would be the toughest challenge to achieve those goals in Britain I'd say, given they're fully amateur. I think Sweden has 4 playable divisions, so another one would be to click "random team" until you get assigned one in the bottom of the Swedish pyramid. 

50 minutes ago, XcilPersion said:

I am looking for a team to start a new career as I just completed my goal with my Salford City save, which was winning the CL and winning the Premier League. Again looking for a lower league team, prefer not in England this time.

Start unemployed and work your way up as a manager not as a team!

On 15/11/2018 at 16:44, HaphazardHawlucha said:

Thankyou for the suggestions sadly I haven’t added the Portuguese leagues to my game. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of Lyon, but their squad is so good that i'm afraid its going to be as easy as managing Juve or Dortmund etc.. 

how big of a challenge can PSG can pose to Lyon? (i hope a lot) 

*I dominated really easy with BMG with my old save, Bayern was a no-match 

Edited by CapaJr

7 minutes ago, CapaJr said:

I'm thinking of Lyon, but their squad is so good that i'm afraid its going to be as easy as managing Juve or Dortmund etc.. 

how big of a challenge can PSG can pose to Lyon? (i hope a lot) 

*I dominated really easy with BMG with my old save, Bayern was a no-match 

Marseille nice or saint ettiene is more of a challenge. Lyon and Monaco are easy to challenge psg with 

En 21/11/2018 a las 15:34, zlatanera dijo:

If you're willing, try a save in Argentina - they sell their players so young you tend to have a lot of guys over 30 and a lot under 21, especially if you look outside of the usual suspects of Boca Juniors and River Plate (although even River Plate start with 10 guys over 30 in the first team squad).

I think part of the problem is a lot of people rush out a thread for a certain league when the beta drops, without putting any effort in, just so they can have their name on a successful thread, whilst the people who would put a lot of effort in need more time to get it started. Plus a lot of individual team threads fail. Doesn't help also that all the threads for deciding who posts which team thread, and the links thread, all date back to FM14. 

Queen's Park F.C. would be the toughest challenge to achieve those goals in Britain I'd say, given they're fully amateur. I think Sweden has 4 playable divisions, so another one would be to click "random team" until you get assigned one in the bottom of the Swedish pyramid. 

Hi, I want to star new save with Queen's Park F.C, but it is always amateur, you know if after can to change status to professional or if alwyas it will be amateur, also in Scotish Premier

Greetings

28 minutes ago, luanpefe said:

Hi, I want to star new save with Queen's Park F.C, but it is always amateur, you know if after can to change status to professional or if alwyas it will be amateur, also in Scotish Premier

Greetings

I don’t 100% know, but you shouldn’t be able to go professional no. That’s why I recommended it - they’re unique among playable teams that way.  

hace 7 horas, zlatanera dijo:

I don’t 100% know, but you shouldn’t be able to go professional no. That’s why I recommended it - they’re unique among playable teams that way.  

Thanks for you help, it is very excitant challenge

I'm looking for a good project to start this weekend when I have 3 weeks off and loads of spare time. 

Looking for a bit of a fallen giant from a less well known league, Austria Serbia that type of league. With potential to win the league then within a few years have the potential to have a good run and go at winning the Europe league 

4 hours ago, Carlf788 said:

I'm looking for a good project to start this weekend when I have 3 weeks off and loads of spare time. 

Looking for a bit of a fallen giant from a less well known league, Austria Serbia that type of league. With potential to win the league then within a few years have the potential to have a good run and go at winning the Europe league 

Hamburg.....Relegated to 2. Bundesliga so should get promoted first season with the chance to lay the ground work for the next few years in Bundesliga to grow the team and push for honours. Really good project.

Yeah it certainly is but they are still a big club I'm looking at a more obscure league. FC midtiyland in Denmark. Austria Vienna, Malmö or a Swedish or Norwegian team. Or even novi sad in Serbia. Something along them lines. Where it would be a shock taking a club like that into a European quarter final for example 

Edited by Carlf788

Decided on a Scandinavia challenge. 

Using the editor to slightly improve the finances, young players and youth facilities at a few clubs in Sweden Denmark and Norway who are just outside the best clubs already. Ones who are kind of upper mid table clubs. I am going to be stabaek, valerenga or djugaardens. Probably stabaek. 

Try to be the best team in Norway then also to try and go far in Europe and look out to see how the other Scandinavian clubs I have gave a slight boost to get on in Europe, then to see if a Scandinavian club can win a European trophy. Then after 6/7 years manage one of Norway Denmark Sweden to try and win the euros or World Cup when hopefully the handful of young players I have boosted from each nation are in there prime.

I have gave 2 upper mid table teams from each league a sugar daddy and changed there bank balance from 1m to 5m and altered some of there u19s stats to give them a wonderkid in goal, defence, midfield and up front. 

Edited by Carlf788

11 hours ago, Carlf788 said:

Decided on a Scandinavia challenge. 

Using the editor to slightly improve the finances, young players and youth facilities at a few clubs in Sweden Denmark and Norway who are just outside the best clubs already. Ones who are kind of upper mid table clubs. I am going to be stabaek, valerenga or djugaardens. Probably stabaek. 

Try to be the best team in Norway then also to try and go far in Europe and look out to see how the other Scandinavian clubs I have gave a slight boost to get on in Europe, then to see if a Scandinavian club can win a European trophy. Then after 6/7 years manage one of Norway Denmark Sweden to try and win the euros or World Cup when hopefully the handful of young players I have boosted from each nation are in there prime.

I have gave 2 upper mid table teams from each league a sugar daddy and changed there bank balance from 1m to 5m and altered some of there u19s stats to give them a wonderkid in goal, defence, midfield and up front. 

Never ever seen the point of using the editor to enhance clubs & players stats/finances etc

Simply would not be enjoyable for me knowing I have cheated. Hey ho though, each to their own.

17 minutes ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

Never ever seen the point of using the editor to enhance clubs & players stats/finances etc

Simply would not be enjoyable for me knowing I have cheated. Hey ho though, each to their own.

Fair enough but it's not really cheating as such just a little helping hand as no club from scandanavia is going to win a European trophy otherwise and just makes the save more interesting and fun for me

if I was doing a proper serious save where I was aiming to win loads of trophies then you I'd feel the same and like I have cheated. This is just more a bit of fun and project to see how some Scandinavian clubs get on in Europe with a bit of cash and a few good young prospects. I'm not talking massive editing just changing the starting bank balance by maybe 4m and adjusting a few stats slightly for a few young players at a few clubs 

Edited by Carlf788

30 minutes ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

Tbf he's not just done it to the team he's managing. 

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf he's not just done it to the team he's managing. 

Yeah I have increased the team I am managings balance from 1m to 4m and transfer budget from 0 to 1m. I have give 2 clubs from each nation a sugar daddy and boosted some of there young prospects and only one of mine. It's more a scandanavian project in general than just one club. To see how far a scandanavian club can go in Europe with a little bit of extra money and some good prospects 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whats the most enjoyable league outside Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Portugal?

I am looking for a lesser league which by itself is fairly competitive with numerous strong sides. Ultimate aim would be seeing a team challenge and progress in European competition 

In the past i ve done it once with Hibernian of Scottish league-progressed to finals of Europa. It was a really enjoyable save. But at that time they had a very good side. Not now. 

2 hours ago, jeesh said:

Whats the most enjoyable league outside Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Portugal?

I am looking for a lesser league which by itself is fairly competitive with numerous strong sides. Ultimate aim would be seeing a team challenge and progress in European competition 

In the past i ve done it once with Hibernian of Scottish league-progressed to finals of Europa. It was a really enjoyable save. But at that time they had a very good side. Not now. 

Belgium, Turkey, Austria or Russia?

@jeesh why limit yourself to Europe? MLS has quite a bit of parity and a bunch of weird rules that make it a little different, or if you go to Argentina or Brazil there are realistically about 8 teams in each that can win the league in the first season. I think Mexico is quite competitive too.

48 minutes ago, jeesh said:

Competing in Europa or CL to me is quite challenging and one of my main interests. Its quite difficult progressing from a lesser country. 

I'd say go for İstanbul Başakşehir in Turkey... They have a great squad actually, including the ageing Adebayor and guys like Turan, Glichy and Demba Ba....

Should be able to mount a serious challenge in Turkey, should be harder in Europe

On 08/02/2019 at 10:27, jeesh said:

Unquestionably for me its Mexico/Liga MX. The season is split into two so you can win two league trophies a year. Very competitive league with not many runaway favorites or relegation fodder, decent youth setups and facilities, packed attendances. League has a good reputation so you can poach wonderkids from South America. Only downside is the ease of the NS Continental Competiton, but on the plus side you can then challenge fro World Club Cup!!!!

• 3 weeks later...