can't figure out how to make the correct teams qualify for a continental cup

fastfingers

I've attached the XML files for the databases and some screenshots below.

I just want the top team in the division (in the screenshot it's Chalatenango) to go to the CONCACAF Champions League, and the 2nd and 3rd place teams (Dragon and Sonsonate) to go to the CONCACAF League.  I've tried every way I can think of in the league rules - insert into cup stage, qualifying for competition via fate, qualifying for competition via positions, set continental cup, using qualifying rules instead of league fates... but nothing.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Captura de pantalla 2018-08-25 a la(s) 13.17.40.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-08-25 a la(s) 11.12.17.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-08-25 a la(s) 11.12.05.png

el salvador basic 2 xml qr.xml

CONCACAF 2 XML.xml

En 2/9/2018 a las 3:23, krlenjushka dijo:

explain your continental system - i cant help you if i dont know what you what to create

i'm trying to create the new CONCACAF continental system. there are two main competitions, the Champions League and the CONCACAF League (exists to give the Central American/Caribbean nations more actually competitive games instead of getting trounced by Mexican teams), and two Caribbean continental competitions that feed them.

the Champions League takes:

- Mexico: winners and runners-up of Opening/Closing stages

- US: Supporter's Shield winner (best regular season record), the Eastern/Western Conference team with the best regular season record (depending on the conference the Supporter's Shield winner is in), MLS Cup winner, U.S. Open Cup winner

- Canada: Canadian Club Championship winner

- Costa Rica/El Salvador/Panama/Honduras/Guatemala: the Opening/Closing stage winner with the best record

- Caribbean Club Championship winner

- CONCACAF League winner

the CONCACAF League takes:

- 2nd/3rd placed teams in Caribbean Club Championship

- winner of the playoff between the 4th place team at the Caribbean Club Championship and the 1st place team at the Caribbean Club Shield

- Nicaragua: the winners of the Opening/Closing stages, or the runner-up with best record if the same team wins both stages

- Belize: overall winner in both stages

- Costa Rica/El Salvador/Panama/Honduras/Guatemala: Opening/Closing stage winner with worse record + runner up from the other stage

i'm using that one-table El Salvador database just to see how i can make sure the teams that i want to qualify for the competition actually get in there. i eventually want to make databases for each country that reflect the real qualification mechanisms.

thanks for your help! do you need any other info?

Edited by fastfingers

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 14/03/2019 at 17:17, Carlito85 said:

Have you created the CONCACAF Champions League and CONCACAF League from scratch? If so then everything to do with distribution should be calculated in the Teams section under Continent.

yes.

what do you mean by everything to do with distribution should be calculated in the Teams section? i've got the right number of teams qualifying, but the problem is that it's not the actual teams who should qualify that are getting put into the competition.

thanks for your help!

7 hours ago, fastfingers123 said:

yes.

what do you mean by everything to do with distribution should be calculated in the Teams section? i've got the right number of teams qualifying, but the problem is that it's not the actual teams who should qualify that are getting put into the competition.

thanks for your help!

Basically how many teams qualify for each round of your competition. Are the fates and Team instructions for each round fully accurate? It's always worth double, even triple-checking that something hasn't been missed.

Is it grabbing the wrong teams or no teams at all? If it's grabbing the wrong teams, do you know which ones? That's always the first step to knowing how to fix it.

On 17/03/2019 at 06:32, Carlito85 said:

Basically how many teams qualify for each round of your competition. Are the fates and Team instructions for each round fully accurate? It's always worth double, even triple-checking that something hasn't been missed.

Is it grabbing the wrong teams or no teams at all? If it's grabbing the wrong teams, do you know which ones? That's always the first step to knowing how to fix it.

so within the competition itself, everything's fine. the right teams advance and everything.

it's grabbing the wrong teams at the outset. from what i can tell, it seems like it's just grabbing random 1st division teams rather than the specific ones i want it to, and i've never used "get all teams from division" or "get best teams from division" in the Teams section.

Edited by fastfingers123

• 8 months later...
On 19/03/2019 at 15:49, fastfingers123 said:

so within the competition itself, everything's fine. the right teams advance and everything.

it's grabbing the wrong teams at the outset. from what i can tell, it seems like it's just grabbing random 1st division teams rather than the specific ones i want it to, and i've never used "get all teams from division" or "get best teams from division" in the Teams section.

Did you figure this out? I'm literally working on this same set-up and am getting random teams from Canadian Premier League instead of just the winner.

• 2 years later...
On 19/03/2019 at 20:49, fastfingers123 said:

Hi! I'm having exactly the same problem... Any solution?